Proposal: MTL & SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Cause he's Russian and he found out that in California you need sunscreen if you go to the beach.:D

He wasn't able to go to his agencies prospect camp to show off because he got a bad sunburn. I'm guessing some uptight GM's put him lower on their draft list because they thought him stupid.

I got to laugh at the Hab's fans who are saying no to the OP's trade.

Nobody should care at all whether you are laughing at them or not considering your dog water posts and non stop posting about Habs fans (not the Habs the team).

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Nobody should care at all whether you are laughing at them or not considering your dog water posts and non stop posting about Habs fans (not the Habs the team).
If my posts are so bad then use the ignore function. Also its comical how you and others bring up me "posting about hab's fans" when it's only about 10 of them.

Some Hab fans doesn't = Every Hab fan.

But fine. Laugh is a bit to harsh, I'll change it.

good day.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Neither team does this. You’ll never regret not making some hypothetical trade. However, you might end up regretting trading a young prospect before you know what you have. For that reason, both teams just stick with their guys, especially because they are both rebuilding.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Guy was drafted after Hage for a reason

It would likelly cost a late 2nd to move up from 33 to 21. So itll cost a 2nd for Hage
We paid a late 2nd + 7th to move from 26 to 21. So likely more than that if you were to move from 33 to 21.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don’t think the Sharks move Chernyshov unless it’s for a Dobson-like defenseman that can be a long term anchor for their blue line. These guys aren’t that as of now.

• Haha
Reactions: samsagat

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hard no. Either use Chernyshov in a package to land a good young top-4 RD or you wait him out and see what he can become. I had him and Hage both ranked back to back at 18/19 respectively in my pre-draft rankings, so that's about how I value him. You don't trade that caliber of prospect for lesser pieces.

I have to say, the Habs fans talking about Chernyshov being less valuable than Hage because of their draft positions is hilarious. Demidov and Hage were "steals" but Chernyshov is worth less because he fell in the draft. Just great stuff, impeccable logic.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
There will be plenty of opportunities for the Sharks to land their top pairing RHD that doesn't require giving up young assets they just recently acquired, and certainly ones who are better than some 4th rounder picked 3 years ago that literally nobody outside of Montreal knows or cares about.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Struble is way better then the HF experts who read his stats. He has a mean streak a mile wide which he put aside to be as mistake free as he can. His offence needs work but he's very good shut down defenseman who is smart and constantly improving.

He is a top 6 NHL defenseman with a chance he can grow to a top 4..Any trade can be part of a top 6 trade, not another bottom 6, which we have lots off.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Struble is way better then the HF experts who read his stats. He has a mean streak a mile wide which he put aside to be as mistake free as he can. His offence needs work but he's very good shut down defenseman who is smart and constantly improving.

He is a top 6 NHL defenseman with a chance he can grow to a top 4..Any trade can be part of a top 6 trade, not another bottom 6, which we have lots off.
Just to make sure you're actually saying this.

You think Chernyshov is a bottom 6 prospect?

• Wow
Reactions: CanadienShark

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

1. Struble doesn't bring anything to SJ that we don't already have. Dickinson, Mukh, Thrun, etc. are a good foundation so we don't need Struble.

2. Cherny is a top 6 upside prospect.

As a fan of both teams, you're under valuing the Sharks assets and overvaluing the Habs, without any consideration whatsoever for needs.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Habs are also not at the point were they should cut their D pool further.

Need to know how Xhekaj, Struble, Hutson, Konyushkov, Barron, Mailloux, Engstrokm and Reinbacher fall into places before trading them away.
I was listening to McCagg and he's high on Struble showing another way meaner side. From what I've seen he plays a smart game where he prioritizes not to get caught. The extra anger management issues I haven't seen other then he's a tough kid.

Long term I have him as our 7th and Barron as 6th as a RHD. If Konyu and Eng pass them by, so be it. For now, Barron/Struble are NHLers and the other two are unknown until they face NHL Neanderthals.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'd pass if I was San Jose. I'd want a better player that Struble to bridge the value gap between the two prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad