Proposal: MTL Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
We help you, you help us.

To Edmonton: Jake Allen + Ben Chairot

To Montreal: 2022 1st + Xavier Bourgault + Koskinen or Smith's contract

And for the Oilers fans thinking Allen isnt better than Smith and Koskinen, I can guarentee you he easily is.

Last edited:

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Pretty sure if the Oilers finally decide to give up that kind of assets for a goalie it will be for a bigger fish than Allen.
That being said, Chiarot + Allen would definitely make the Oilers a better team defensively

Reactions: viceroy and thadd

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Enjoy your high Habs fan...
But clue into what salary cap is and how much value top prospects hold.

Maybe MTL should have traded Guhle + 1st last season for a pending UFA to help win you the cup.

I understand your point, it becomes a matter of priorities, can Holland risks to waste another season of McDrai and do nothing though?

Reactions: viceroy

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I understand your point, it becomes a matter of priorities, can Holland risks to waste another season of McDrai and do nothing though?
And you think Jake Allen is who Holland will put all his assets + his job on?

Maybe a 3rd Rd pick or a prospect like Lavoie can be discussed but expecting Oilers to trade 2 prime assets while sending no salary to MTL for Chiarot+Allen isn't very well thought out proposal.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Say that to your PGT creator who is comparing Suzuki to god and 19 others liking it .. happy times in Habville indeed... I actually meant high of winning plenty under your new coach and not just this game.
Right, because that post is clearly 100% serious and not someone simply joking around and having a little fun. LOL.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
We help you, you help us.

To Edmonton: Jake Allen + Ben Chairot

To Montreal: 2022 1st + Xavier Bourgault + Koskinen or Smith's contract

And for the Oilers fans thinking Allen isnt better than Smith and Koskinen, I can guarentee you he easily is.
Two firsts and an expiring contract for Chiarot and Jake frickin Allen??

go get stuffed

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Two firsts and an expiring contract for Chiarot and Jake frickin Allen??

go get stuffed
Change either the pick or the prospect to a 2nd and take out the cap dump, and I think it’s a fair deal. You aren’t going to get a starting calibre goaltender (low end) and a top-4 D for cheap.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM

Maybe a 3rd Rd pick or a prospect like Lavoie can be discussed but expecting Oilers to trade 2 prime assets while sending no salary to MTL for Chiarot+Allen isn't very well thought out proposal.

I thought he said that the Habs were taking back one of Smith or Koskinen's contract?

Who knows what Holland will do - but you'd have to think he's feeling some pressure, since he's fired his coach and there are some very obvious holes on a supremely skilled roster. Time is running out on the McDavid/Draisaitl window too, which has to be a consideration.

They could obviously use a Chiarot back there, but the main focus would have to be a goaltender. Is Allen that guy? I don't know. You'd have to think he's a major upgrade on what they have though - if and when he's healthy - and he's likely going to be the most inexpensive piece he could acquire, while still having another year at an affordable salary. I don't know how Holland values goalies though, he's used some pretty average ones throughout his career.

There's probably a deal to be made between the two teams, but I doubt either fan base ever agrees on what pieces it would take.

Reactions: CDN24

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Chiarot would be a great add for the Oilers. He'd instantly be their best defenseman. I think they should wait for the offseason to address the goaltending though. Damn that Nurse deal looks bad. 9.25 for a guy who is a 3 at best? Ouch.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Chairot alone is worth a 1st + a B prospect. Allen has been excellent for us, I doubt you could find better than him. Finally, we are in a position of force, if you are not willing to part with some quality assets, other teams will and we all watch your boat sinking.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hey, what a fresh and exciting proposal, not like this exact proposal with these exact pieces for that exact return hasn’t been proposed five dozen freaking times already.

Koskinen has a .922 SV% in Edmonton’s last 20 games. He’s not a dump. Smith is, but on no planet is taking him and sending Jake Allen back worth Bourgault. You are outside your mind.

You aren’t getting the equivalent of two firsts for Chiarot and Allen. Not even from Kenny Vaccums. Hard no, easy pass, find some other schmuck.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Chairot alone is worth a 1st + a B prospect. Allen has been excellent for us, I doubt you could find better than him.

Allen has never posted better than a .907 with you guys and his win-loss is 16-28. He has not been *excellent*, he’s not an upgrade, and he is not worth anything to us - certainly not a prospect like Bourgault.

Mike Smith can’t stop a beach ball but I would still rather miss the playoffs entirely than do your deal.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Allen has never posted better than a .907 with you guys and his win-loss is 16-28. He has not been *excellent*, he’s not an upgrade, and he is not worth anything to us - certainly not a prospect like Bourgault.

Mike Smith can’t stop a beach ball but I would still rather miss the playoffs entirely than do your deal.
Habs were playing like an AHL team before the St-Louis hiring, we have by far the worst differential of the league, even Price at the top of his game would have struggled to put respectable numbers. You obviously didnt watch much of Allen, he has been really solid and consistent. Bergevin took the gamble to not protect Price at the expension draft to make sure to keep Allen.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Habs were playing like an AHL team before the St-Louis hiring, we have by far the worst differential of the league, even Price at the top of his game would have struggled to put respectable numbers. You obviously didnt watch much of Allen, he has been really solid and consistent. Bergevin took the gamble to not protect Price at the expension draft to make sure to keep Allen.

he didn’t protect Price because he knew nobody would swallow that poison pill of a contract, even giving up absolutely nothing,

Allen is the dictionary definition of mediocre. Anyone giving up a first or a blue chip prospect for him should be immediately and summarily fired into the sun.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Say that to your PGT creator who is comparing Suzuki to god and 19 others liking it .. happy times in Habville indeed... I actually meant high of winning plenty under your new coach and not just this game.
Example of when citing an example from creeping another team’s post game thread to make a point makes you look salty rather than prove your point

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Please don’t do us any favours Habs fans.

Signed all Oiler fans.
Ok, so lets do that. Habs agree to not trade ANYBODY to the oil due to the OIL FANS. Habs will just let the oilers shop somewhere else.
After all why should the OIL give more then a bag of pucks for ANY hab since the Habs have the worst team in history and is coached by a peewee coach.

From what I see it a case of the OIL fans have never moved on from the Gretsky years. The Oil were blessed with the best player EVER, ( good for them )
they had their run, but thats what ? 23 years ago, get over it. your current players are not 23 Gretsky's. Clearly the OIL need better d-men ( see game last night) Of course Habs will get as much as they can for ANY player others want and see what the bidding does. What I find crazy is the OIL FANS that feel insulted over the fact Habs want the best deal ( how dare they want so much for a bag of pucks player) but when it your player ( it's a Gretsky )
All you have to do is wait till you actually see who get who and for what, just wait the 2 weeks. No need to call ANYBODY " Garbage" or some such term.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I dont see what the hate is all about, but then again I don't know much about that Xavier guy.

Chiarot should return a first. Whether that's a potential lottery first (Oilers) is probably out of the question. We could put some conditions in the first.

Allen is probably more of a 2nd round pick or 2nd rd pick level prospect. I don't know nothing about the kid in the trade so I won't comment.

The koskinen or Smith cap dump I suspect is there to balance the books a little.

Chia has been a beast under MSL and is proven in the playoffs.

Allen is an upgrade over what you have in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad