Proposal: MTL - NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
To Montreal Canadiens : Vitaly Kravtsov.
To New York Rangers : Artturi Lehkonen.

Do you think that's it's fair for both teams?
NO NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE

Krav is gonna cost solid high 1st round unless/until he demonstrates his value otherwise, and if Drury, who effed up this situation in the first place, decides to do the right thing and about face and not be reckless and irresponsible, then he will play signif mins w/first liners when he gets here in a month + and demonstrate his top 10 talent.

Compared to Krav, AL is a nothingburger

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
There's an argument to be made. Not super interested in Kravstov personally, but its a decent gamble.

lehkonen seems kinda pointless for ny

Staples and Pagnotta have reported that they're looking at him, so I doubt it.

And with a cursory glance:

-The Rangers are leaning heavily on goaltending at 5v5 (10th in GA/60, 28th in xGA/60). That's not something you bet on in the playoffs.

-We know from reports that no one ATM is interested in giving up a 1st for Kravstov.

-Lehkonen is inexpensive, has team control for another year and isn't likely to get a meaningful raise.

-Lehkonen has some of the best defensive impacts of any forward in the NHL and has a better 5v5 xGF% percentage than any Rangers player.

yost3.png

-He's doing that against the other team's top players and with low quality line-mates. He also has experience playing effective shutdown minutes against top competition in the playoffs.

lehkoar95

I don't know, maybe the Rangers aren't as interested in going for it, but from an outsider's view, they could probably get a player that can help their 5v5 play (but can't finish), especially since they're loaded with offensive talent.

As an aside, I'm kind of confused about people on here that sh*t on Chiarot here because of his frankly terrible underlying numbers and then don't apply the same logic to Lehkonen.

Reactions: Nick Slafkofield

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
Fair deal! The fairness in this proposal is that NY gets a quality bottom six player with tons of experience for a playoff cup run. Mtl get a potential top six players will lot of upside but potential issues with his personality. We know that bottom six players make a big difference in winning a hockey games and Lehkonen is just that type of player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fair deal! The fairness in this proposal is that NY gets a quality bottom six player with tons of experience for a playoff cup run. Mtl get a potential top six players will lot of upside but potential issues with his personality. We know that bottom six players make a big difference in winning a hockey games and Lehkonen is just that type of player.
no, not even close
Krav upside >>>>>> Lehk nice guy w/some glue, a bit of D and not much else

Reactions: slg1963

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
As an aside, I'm kind of confused about people on here that sh*t on Chiarot here because of his frankly terrible underlying numbers and then don't apply the same logic to Lehkonen.
Position and minutes.

No one has ever said, "If I can just get those 14 minutes of ice time settled, we're in business."

2nd pairing D on the other hand..

Also, say two different clubs trade for Lehkonen and Chiarot. If GM-A is wrong about Chiarot, he's totally screwed, while if he's right, he hit a jackpot. GM-B with Lehkonen? He could be wrong and Lehk could totally suck it up, but it won't really sink the club due to positional and usage impact.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Position and minutes.

No one has ever said, "If I can just get those 14 minutes of ice time settled, we're in business."

2nd pairing D on the other hand..

Also, say two different clubs trade for Lehkonen and Chiarot. If GM-A is wrong about Chiarot, he's totally screwed, while if he's right, he hit a jackpot. GM-B with Lehkonen? He could be wrong and Lehk could totally suck it up, but it won't really hurt the club due to positional and usage impact.

I guess, but Lehkonen isn't playing sheltered minutes, he's doing the opposite. The impact of Lehkonen (at least in Montreal when they weren't a tire fire) is the minutes and competition that it opens up for more offensive players. It certainly worked for Montreal last year. And the minutes thing applies too, if you don't want to credit Lehkonen because he plays fewer minutes, then you should credit Chiarot for consistently playing ridiculous minutes.

I don't know, maybe I'm underrating Kravstov's value, but there seems to be a pretty big disconnect between his value on here and what you read about him on most other hockey sites?.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I dont get Lehkonen adoration.
Or fit for NYR
A smallish middle 6 who mostly plays LW
NYR depth needs upfront are a shootfirst RW, and/or a good FO C.
And return for Krav needs to realistically present near or future impact

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Is he motivated enough to come in NA and play in the NHL? I have read some things, some uncertainty is surrounding him.
Just a short take here.
For whatev reason, Drury has a woodie for this guy.
A 9OA you don't play him bottom 6, you give him the treatment they gave Lias Andersson, who was/is a bum and couldn't cut it despite playing w/Zib, Kreider, Panarin.
Brought him up end of last yr, idiot coach quinn says words to effect this guy is not a 4th liner, then guess what he gets for 20 or so games --- largely 4th line mins.
ok zip ahead. This yr he still does not get signif mins w/signif Fs. He is told to bend over and take it b'c idiot Drury has not yet moved Strome or Hajek and there is no roster spot, since he has waiver exempt status he has to go down.

If that was you, would you consider yourself mistreated? Would you be pissed?

He wants to play NHL and succeed. He wants what he deserves, which is fair shot w/sufficient talent. That is not being a prima donna. You don't put a Clydesdale in a race and you don't have a thoroughbred pulling a cart.

Unfortunately what's done is done and NY can only hope Drury will not sell this guy cheap. After his current value is established as sufficiently high, then ok to consider moving for fair value, not nec overpay. But does not make sense for NYR to just let him go cheap.

Reactions: 74 others

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Just a short take here.
For whatev reason, Drury has a woodie for this guy.
A 9OA you don't play him bottom 6, you give him the treatment they gave Lias Andersson, who was/is a bum and couldn't cut it despite playing w/Zib, Kreider, Panarin.
Brought him up end of last yr, idiot coach quinn says words to effect this guy is not a 4th liner, then guess what he gets for 20 or so games --- largely 4th line mins.
ok zip ahead. This yr he still does not get signif mins w/signif Fs. He is told to bend over and take it b'c idiot Drury has not yet moved Strome or Hajek and there is no roster spot, since he has waiver exempt status he has to go down.

If that was you, would you consider yourself mistreated? Would you be pissed?

He wants to play NHL and succeed. He wants what he deserves, which is fair shot w/sufficient talent. That is not being a prima donna. You don't put a Clydesdale in a race and you don't have a thoroughbred pulling a cart.

Unfortunately what's done is done and NY can only hope Drury will not sell this guy cheap. After his current value is established as sufficiently high, then ok to consider moving for fair value, not nec overpay. But does not make sense for NYR to just let him go cheap.

That is the problem with this guy. He deserves what he earns. He seems to be meh at every lvl so far. He has a lot of stones to take his ball and go home when he doesn't get to play with the big boys.

And now you expect teams to line up and pay a big price for him? Keep dreaming......

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To Montreal Canadiens : Vitaly Kravtsov.
To New York Rangers : Artturi Lehkonen.

Do you think that's it's fair for both teams?
Habs add Ducks 2022 3rd rounder?

so this values Kravtsov at a 2nd plus a 3rd. Avs paid that for Burakovsky and he’s a hell of a lot better than Kravtsov.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That is the problem with this guy. He deserves what he earns. He seems to be meh at every lvl so far. He has a lot of stones to take his ball and go home when he doesn't get to play with the big boys.

And now you expect teams to line up and pay a big price for him? Keep dreaming......

Some have posted he has done well in the K. Forget exactly, but his production for his age is comparable/favorable to star level producers including Panarin and others. Hopefully someone will re-post

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
There's an argument to be made. Not super interested in Kravstov personally, but its a decent gamble.

Staples and Pagnotta have reported that they're looking at him, so I doubt it.

And with a cursory glance:

-The Rangers are leaning heavily on goaltending at 5v5 (10th in GA/60, 28th in xGA/60). That's not something you bet on in the playoffs.

-We know from reports that no one ATM is interested in giving up a 1st for Kravstov.

-Lehkonen is inexpensive, has team control for another year and isn't likely to get a meaningful raise.

-Lehkonen has some of the best defensive impacts of any forward in the NHL and has a better 5v5 xGF% percentage than any Rangers player.

yost3.png

-
Do you think the problem might be the NYR? He might be brought in and end up with the same chart as the rest of them.

Anyway, I don't hate the idea of bringing him but I'd probably prefer just giving up a second and mid prospect. If Montreal wants more maybe another team comes into play to trade with them. I'd prefer a bigger trade involving Krav.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad