Proposal: MTL-NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If there are indeed takers for Chiarot at the price of a 1st round pick, then what's left is Kravtsov and a 2nd for Toffoli.

Now, I wouldn't mind acquiring Kravtsov, but for Toffoli I would expect something more tangible.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Not sure I agree with that. If VK had gone to Hartford to rehab and give the Rangers time to figure out their roster choices, he would have been on Broadway before the end of October.

Already proven false when McKegg was called up over Gauthier.

Maybe the entitled player who has no reason to be entitled should see opportunities for what they are, not personal slights.

Maybe the then assistant GM shouldn't have negotiated a KHL clause into the player's contract and then berated him in front of the entire team for using it.

Maybe a sports executive should know how to handle different personalities, as regardless of age, players can be handfuls. See: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Evander Kane, etc.

Maybe if you want respect, you should give respect.

Reactions: bernmeister

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
this kravstov guy must be something else . he didn't make the rangers team if i'm correct . if he wasn't in the deal you would be adding something significant. a late 1st for chariot retained is even . a 2023 2nd doesnt get you near toffoli .

Value for Chariot is irrelevant because the Rangers don't need the guy.

Value for Toffoli is irrelevant because of cap.

A Habs fan proposed the trade, so how is it on Rangers fans to make an unwanted trade proposal work?

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Chiarot will net a first-round pick at the deadline and Toffoli is worth more than Kravtsov and a second-round pick. Kravtsov is damaged goods and he's coming with the baggage of having twice bolted to Russia when things did not go his way. He is not someone I would target. I would expect more value in return for a package including Chiarot and Toffoli. Chiarot's experience playing on the top pair in the SCF makes him a valuable and proven commodity. Toffoli is on a sweetheart contract at 4.25M for the next three years. Him being signed for next year makes him more valuable, not less. I'd say Toffoli is worth a first-round pick and a second-round pick at the bare minimum. The package for the two players would have to be two first-round picks and a second-round pick for it to make sense. For that reason, it's a bad trade for the Habs, especially with the retention. If it doesn't make sense for the Rangers, that's fine because I wouldn't entertain this.
We’re also dealing with an organization who doesn’t know how to treat and develop players.

Maybe if the GM with the fragile ego knew how to deal with people better and would extend the olive branch, things could be patched up.
Gorton’s gone and outside of Kravstov who did Drury have issue with?

Kravstov didn’t want to do a conditioning stint and for second time went back home.

Drury could beg Kravstov and it won’t change Lias 2.0’s mind

Reactions: Anthony5967

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
you deserve the courtesy of legit analysis as you politely requested, unfortunately atm I am too crushed for time to detail that, perhaps later this wk.

Short answer, not crapping over it, Rangers pay too much and pieces are NOT helpful.

We have cap crunch next yr, can NOT add salary, need to get something now for expiring Strome, not stupid indulgent self rent then b'c we don't have ANY cap to extend in any way shape or form, he walks.

So huge no on adding vets, adding vets with salary into next year/beyond, and no on dealing youth.

Rangers can only consider dealing vets for youth, or youth for youth.
We have prospects etc, but only, an exception or 2 notwithstanding, enuf for our own needs atm, not a surplus to cover our needs and then deal. That hopefully will change over the next yr/2, but is not the case atm.

NY should give Krav opportunity to prove he is high end 1st line guy playing him w/1st liners. Then when his value is updated, we can look at what makes sense for a deal.

Howev, if you want to suggest an offer for Krav for futures, the floor is open. You could do worse than Strome for a 2nd [deal him as rental if he does not extend] with a 3rd that upgrades into a 2nd if he extends/is dealt.
Geo is a good bet for a starter if you elect to deal Price.
We have no interest in Strome or Geo. I don't believe these two teams make good trading partners.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well you misread that one.

And I have no idea who Kevin Allen is....
Never heard of Allen till this thread.
I found this if it helps.

National columnist for HockeyBuzz and Red Wings beat writer for Detroit Hockey Now. Previously was USA TODAY's hockey writer for 34 seasons (1986-2019)

Seems like he has some credentials. A lot more than me and probably most on this board.

Take it for what it's worth.
Now on the quote, It's just his opinion which holds no water at all.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Go back and watch the games. He was cut on merit, own it.

wrong still and go back and read post 55.

Even allowing a HUGE amount of latitude, which is not being conceded, there is no way he was not better than any of the 12 Fs on the squad, incl McKegg just off the top of my head.
And certainly, he was more deserving than Hajek, who like Strome should have been dealt earlier,

I don't have to own your nonsense.
Capitulate to the truth, whether you can handle it or not.
For whatev reason, Drury has a woodie for this guy and is not only passively not making life easy, he is actively making things difficult.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
wrong still and go back and read post 55.

Even allowing a HUGE amount of latitude, which is not being conceded, there is no way he was not better than any of the 12 Fs on the squad, incl McKegg just off the top of my head.
And certainly, he was more deserving than Hajek, who like Strome should have been dealt earlier,

I don't have to own your nonsense.
Capitulate to the truth, whether you can handle it or not.
For whatev reason, Drury has a woodie for this guy and is not only passively not making life easy, he is actively making things difficult.
He scored 1 goal on a perfect pass from Strome. He was otherwise completely invisible.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He scored 1 goal on a perfect pass from Strome. He was otherwise completely invisible.

sez you.
also, non responsive to my pt. You said everyone was more deserving. I said, not even looking at anyone else, McKegg.
Capitulate and admit you are wrong.
The limited value of what McKegg brings is eclipsed by others similar but better and he fails to justify stifling of Krav potential.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
sez you.
also, non responsive to my pt. You said everyone was more deserving. I said, not even looking at anyone else, McKegg.
Capitulate and admit you are wrong.
The limited value of what McKegg brings is eclipsed by others similar but better and he fails to justify stifling of Krav potential.
I would much rather he made the team bern, but he didn't earn it. Would you rather he had beat out McKegg for 4th line minutes? Completely different player and role. I know you love him but facts are facts.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would much rather he made the team bern, but he didn't earn it. Would you rather he had beat out McKegg for 4th line minutes? Completely different player and role. I know you love him but facts are facts.

Hey, I would rather they admit he has and was drafted for first line and give him signif mins w/1st line legit giving the guy a chance. That did not happen.
Blais and Goodrow could be moved. And this is aside from the argument, there is nothing to lose, nothing by at least trying him at pivot, which is where he played international competition previously. I mean think of it, they do a whole big project to turn KAM into a D, but they won't give a skilled F who can pass, skate, has vision, etc and who has at least played the position, even a chance? At a position they supposedly want to build up once the reality that Strome can't be extended is recognized?

But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mr Belushi, rangers want to have their cake and eat it too.

Just effin deal Strome already, give his mins to Barron + Chytil and let's not waste Krav any more than we already have b'c of Drury.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
If there are indeed takers for Chiarot at the price of a 1st round pick, then what's left is Kravtsov and a 2nd for Toffoli.

Now, I wouldn't mind acquiring Kravtsov, but for Toffoli I would expect something more tangible.

You are overvaluing your assets. Nobody will give you what you think your players are worth.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Take this with a grain of salt, but I did hear a while back from someone in the know that there is some NYR interest in Ryan Poehling. No idea of what he would cost or what NYR would give up. Montreal wants draft picks I assume, can Jeff Gordon and Chris Drury still dance after what transpired? Time will tell…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad