Proposal: MTL-NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Haven’t done one of these proposal threads before and to be honest, with how bad my Habs are this year, I haven’t been following the NHL as much as usual, so I hope I am not too off in terms of value.
I was simply curious to read what some Rangers fans (or any knowledgeable fan) would think about a trade along the lines of:

:rangers
Ben Chariot (50% retained)
Tyler Toffoli

:habs
Vitali Kravstov
2022 1st round pick
2023 2nd round pick

Some of the factors I considered:
- NYR has lot of cap space right now.
- Reported value for Chariot being a 1st + (Lebrun)
- NYR reported need for a D and a RW (Toffoli great value for the aav imo)

Hoping to have some constructive opinions and takes - and please not just sh*t on it.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
this kravstov guy must be something else . he didn't make the rangers team if i'm correct . if he wasn't in the deal you would be adding something significant. a late 1st for chariot retained is even . a 2023 2nd doesnt get you near toffoli .

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
NYR don't need to overpay for a third pairing D (the probable role he'd fill, not his ability level).

...and hey, guess who is a RW? Young Mr Kravstov.

Pass.
Ya lets see how he helps the Rangers in their playoff run. :popcorn:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Looks like shit for the rangers

trade is equivalent to the Canadians season
Talking about knowing shit or not knowing shit.

Habs can get a 1st for Chairot
We are not giving up Toffoli for a Prospect that can't make the Rangers lineup and a 2nd.

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Get this crap outta here...
giphy (30).gif

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

We do, so why is there retention on Chiarot?

We don't want Toffoli for the next 2 years. If you want to retain 50% on him, then maybe, but the cap is going to be tight for us next year and if we are adding anyone with term, it should be a center.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal

Disagree.

It's been widely reported that Chiarot will return a 1st round pick.

If you take away Chiarot and the 1st round pick, what's left is Kravtsov and a 2nd for Toffoli. That's a mediocre trade for the Habs. Kravtsov is an underwhelming prospect and I'd look for a 1st in a Toffoli trade.

Also. OP states "Hoping to have some constructive opinions and takes - and please not just sh*t on it". You resort to making fun of the Habs when they're down. What a joke.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

UED

May 2, 2021
The Rangers already have three Chiarots on the left side and don't need a 4th one. Assuming the reports that we can get a 1st for Chiarot are true(I think they're crazy) I'd rather trade him to someone else for a 1st and then trade Toffoli somewhere for a late 1st instead of to NYR for a late 2nd.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I think Habs would have to trade them separately. I doubt any team is going to pay that kind of package for those two.

Reactions: Benstheman

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Haven’t done one of these proposal threads before and to be honest, with how bad my Habs are this year, I haven’t been following the NHL as much as usual, so I hope I am not too off in terms of value.
I was simply curious to read what some Rangers fans (or any knowledgeable fan) would think about a trade along the lines of:

Tyler Toffoli

Vitali Kravstov
2022 1st round pick
2023 2nd round pick

Hoping to have some constructive opinions and takes - and please not just sh*t on it.
As you Become older, you’ll regret that you’ll never get the time back that it took you to construct this trade proposal.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Constructive opinion and facts :
-Seems like NYR don't need Chiarot
-Seems like NYR can't afford Toffoli full cap past this season. Would need to be 50% retained. 50% retained Toffoli would cost too much for NYR to acquire.
-I think Habs could get this package equivalent by trading both players separately. But package too big for the NYR for what would be two secondary pieces for them.
-NYR need a top 6 center it seems. They will need thoses pieces to acquire one.

So all in all, i don't think Chiarot and Toffoli are the right pieces to make a trade work between the 2 teams.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Tyler Toffoli

Vitali Kravstov
2022 1st round pick
2023 2nd round pick

you deserve the courtesy of legit analysis as you politely requested, unfortunately atm I am too crushed for time to detail that, perhaps later this wk.

Short answer, not crapping over it, Rangers pay too much and pieces are NOT helpful.

We have cap crunch next yr, can NOT add salary, need to get something now for expiring Strome, not stupid indulgent self rent then b'c we don't have ANY cap to extend in any way shape or form, he walks.

So huge no on adding vets, adding vets with salary into next year/beyond, and no on dealing youth.

Rangers can only consider dealing vets for youth, or youth for youth.
We have prospects etc, but only, an exception or 2 notwithstanding, enuf for our own needs atm, not a surplus to cover our needs and then deal. That hopefully will change over the next yr/2, but is not the case atm.

NY should give Krav opportunity to prove he is high end 1st line guy playing him w/1st liners. Then when his value is updated, we can look at what makes sense for a deal.

Howev, if you want to suggest an offer for Krav for futures, the floor is open. You could do worse than Strome for a 2nd [deal him as rental if he does not extend] with a 3rd that upgrades into a 2nd if he extends/is dealt.
Geo is a good bet for a starter if you elect to deal Price.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
this kravstov guy must be something else . he didn't make the rangers team if i'm correct . if he wasn't in the deal you would be adding something significant. a late 1st for chariot retained is even . a 2023 2nd doesnt get you near toffoli .

called out for disingenuous bs
he didn't make the team not b'c he was not one of 12 best Fs, but b'c he could be buried b'c his elc status allowed him to be sent to the A w'o waivers.

I could go on but time does not permit now.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You People are in a good position for the playoffs.. Kravtsov is not going to play for you again this is the chance to win

NO, wrong, objectively, not subjectively, the smart play is for Krav to return AND PLAY SIGNIF MINS WITH FIRST LINERS to establish he belongs as a 1st liner and update his production/potential picture.
Then decide based on that production whether to keep or deal, and for futures, not vets, so we control the cap as opposed to letting it control us.\

It does NOT make sense to deal Krav or other youth for vets. "Kravtsov is not going to play for you again" is an assumption and it would be a huge mistake to deal him at a loss.

As to " this is the chance to win" your lie is called out for bs.
You insinuate it is the only shot they have on a closing window.
By listening to bernmeister, and keeping the best of our youth, we continue to extend that window and have multiple cup runs.

Me --- and many others, repudiating this win now overreach bullshit

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Tyler Toffoli

Vitali Kravstov
2022 1st round pick
2023 2nd round pick

Sounds bad to me. Toffoli be good fit for team like Calgary. While Chiarot I see in Florida or St. Louis

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Disagree.

It's been widely reported that Chiarot will return a 1st round pick.

If you take away Chiarot and the 1st round pick, what's left is Kravtsov and a 2nd for Toffoli. That's a mediocre trade for the Habs. Kravtsov is an underwhelming prospect and I'd look for a 1st in a Toffoli trade.

Also. OP states "Hoping to have some constructive opinions and takes - and please not just sh*t on it". You resort to making fun of the Habs when they're down. What a joke.
What does any of that have to do with looking like crap for Rangers? The expected value for a player has nothing to do with it making sense for the other team. There's a retention there to squeeze more value out when NYR don't need any retention this season. Then there's a RW signed next season and Rangers can't even afford to get their 2c squared away yet. This is "Hey, NYR, go all in this season and worry about everything after that." It's bad because it's not really a fit, not because these players don't have value.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Montreal will likely trade Chiarot just isn't likely to be traded to the NYR.
Toffoli isn't likely to be traded unless a team is willing to overpay for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad