Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NJD] Johnathan Kovacevic for a 2026 conditional 4th round pick (best of the 3)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
7D, I'm assuming. This team had Brendan Smith as a regular last year and it's clear they want to go back to the 22-23 Devils where they have a defensive dman who can step in due to injuries and such. Injuries really railed their defense last year. Can any Habs fans highlight his pros/cons?
I can confirm that the role you describe is best suited for Kovacevic.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
7D, I'm assuming. This team had Brendan Smith as a regular last year and it's clear they want to go back to the 22-23 Devils where they have a defensive dman who can step in due to injuries and such. Injuries really railed their defense last year. Can any Habs fans highlight his pros/cons?

+Good teammate, size (and willing to use it), decent shot and willing to make it simple plays.

-Slow, doesn't handle the puck all that well.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Now just ship out Barron and Harris and we’re set.

Harris for a 3rd/4th
Barron for a 2nd or a forward prospect

Get’er done.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I can confirm that the role you describe is best suited for Kovacevic.

+Good teammate, size (and willing to use it), decent shot and willing to make it simple plays.

-Slow, doesn't handle the puck all that well.

Thank ya, fellas. :thumbu:

Yeah, that's what I assumed as well. I think Dougie, Pesce (barring something massively unforeseen tomorrow), Nemec will be the regulars on the right side. Devils management is probably scared shitless of another year with massive amount of injuries to where we had an AHL defense at points last year so it's probably from that angle as well.

Reactions: Archijerej

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

Size, decent skating, 0 drama, very liked in the locker room, chill guy, has an engineering degree (!)

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Yeah Habs have a ton of Dmen that need to be moved. The guy was claimed off waivers so whatever we get or if we get anything is whatever honestly.

Reactions: montreal

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Savard, Ghule, Barron on RHS and Mallioux to replace Savard at deadline or injury. LHS is Matheson, Harris, wi fi, struble and Hutson if injuries and call up. Trade of Struble or harris will allow for additional hutson play. Harris is mor valuable as he can play both sides. I expect Savard and Struble to be traded in the year. Barron has offence and plays RHS and likely stays. Rienbecker is an injury call up and will develop in laval

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not that it makes a huge difference but NJ owns three 4th rounders in 2026 and the Habs are getting whichever is earliest:

Not surprised by this as Hughes is a stickler for whatever add-ons he can get. Only thing unexpected is that he didn’t draw up a litany of contractual clauses to express it.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I find he is not handling forechecking pressure very well. Can be a useful depth defenseman though.

You nailed it with the return.
I think the exposure was more about 5 man units than him alone. Our young forwards didn't always make it easy. Nor did comms with young d. Better insulated, he, like anyone else, will be fine.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Cheap big body 6-7th D man on most teams depending on your D core depth, acceptable 3rd pairing guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad