Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NJD] Johnathan Kovacevic for a 2026 conditional 4th round pick (best of the 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8813.jpeg

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
He is a good soldier, but his lack of puck skills limits his effectiveness.
He doesn't throw a lot of grenades though. Keeps it simple. The fact he's on a very friendly contract for what he brings - which is a legit bottom pair guy - I think a 4th-5th is likely return.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
We would've lost him on waivers for nothing had we kept him, he wasn't making the team this year
I would not have been so sure of that. Reinbacher/Mailloux could benefit for more time in the AHL and maybe Hutson too. Let them fight for a spot at the camp.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He doesn't throw a lot of grenades though. Keeps it simple. The fact he's on a very friendly contract for what he brings - which is a legit bottom pair guy - I think a 4th-5th is likely return.
I find he is not handling forechecking pressure very well. Can be a useful depth defenseman though.

You nailed it with the return.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
7D, I'm assuming. This team had Brendan Smith as a regular last year and it's clear they want to go back to the 22-23 Devils where they have a defensive dman who can step in due to injuries and such. Injuries really railed their defense last year. Can any Habs fans highlight his pros/cons?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
So what? Martin St.Louis was once a waiver pickup. It does not matter how he was attained.
He’s a bottom pairing D on a lottery team. On a good team, he’s probably a 7th D. We aren’t going to get much in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad