Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Juraj Slafkovsky signs extension with the Canadiens (8 years, $7.6M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Demigod11

Jun 28, 2021
Why would Slaf even sign that? He could very well be a 9m + player in two years
A Slovakian setting himself and his family for life at his age no matter what happens, and setting aside any money or contract stress/distraction for the next decade sounds like a massive win for him even if he could of milked a few milli in AAV by betting on himself.

Sounds to me like a guy who wants to concentrate on hockey.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Let's relax a bit there lol I don't think 'arguably greatest contract of the cap era' has to be the bar
Sabres just did Tage, Cozens, and Power this way, and already all 3 are questionable after only 1 season of them looking like great contracts. As usual, everyone uses the Vulcan memory shield to celebrate the current situation. I've only really liked a handful of deals, and like this one too, but even it carries risk.

Demigod11

Jun 28, 2021
hahaha this sounds like the leafs trying to force dion phaneuf to be their #1 RHD defender and captain lol
habs have a few of these contracts
will be fun watching this go=ing forward
suzuki 8mil for covid playoff run
this guy gets 8 for 20 goals on a decent 2nd half of the season I guess and Canfield get paid for scoring a few power play goals ...nice

at least our overpaid players are top of the league in scoring every year
You wanna know what's hilarious? Both guys you just mocked in your comment has been to the SCF with Montreal. Your entire quatuor of superstars are all older than them and have never been past the 2nd round.

I bet you loved to think about how many goals they all scored in the regular season while getting slaughtered by Boston once again.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This is about 30 million net. This should set up the rest of his life into upper middle class at worse and if he invest smartly, lower upper class.

All at the age of 20.

99% of us work all our lives to dream where he is at 20. Repeat. 20

Reactions: olli

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
LMAOOOO

60M for a 50 point winger.

Typical Habs.
Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child?

hahaha this sounds like the leafs trying to force dion phaneuf to be their #1 RHD defender and captain lol
habs have a few of these contracts
will be fun watching this go=ing forward
suzuki 8mil for covid playoff run
this guy gets 8 for 20 goals on a decent 2nd half of the season I guess and Canfield get paid for scoring a few power play goals ...nice

at least our overpaid players are top of the league in scoring every year
Ok Tavares.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
In 2 years if he's putting up 30-30 this will be an average contract based on todays signings and the cap increases coming. In 2 years if he's putting up 70+ points while bodying opposing defensemen, he's gonna be a steal.
He just put up 20-30 as a 19 year old......he is almost certain be a steal. Not saying that he is the next Draisaitl but he was every bit as good this season at the same age with two years less experience playing in NA and adjusting to the culture/life style.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Not sure I get this. Other teams fans bashing this deal but the teams own fans are happy. Seems like other teams fans should maybe learn more about he player? This will almost surely turn into a great deal.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Ligue

Sep 28, 2017
This is about 30 million net. This should set up the rest of his life into upper middle class at worse and if he invest smartly, lower upper class.

All at the age of 20.

99% of us work all our lives to dream where he is at 20. Repeat. 20
Upper middle class lol ? You know if you just had 5M right now you could easily make 400K a year while not moving a finger right ? 30M is an absolute ton of money for anyone that is not a big time entrepreneur. Like no MD has that kind of earning potential and they are considered above middle class.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
A Slovakian setting himself and his family for life at his age no matter what happens, and setting aside any money or contract stress/distraction for the next decade sounds like a massive win for him even if he could of milked a few milli in AAV by betting on himself.

Sounds to me like a guy who wants to concentrate on hockey.
I really fail to see what being a Slovak has to do with it lol but yeah he seems to have a "just happy to be here" attitude all the time feel like he just wants to get rid of the distractions and play

Sabres just did Tage, Cozens, and Power this way, and already all 3 are questionable after only 1 season of them looking like great contracts. As usual, everyone uses the Vulcan memory shield to celebrate the current situation. I've only really liked a handful of deals, and like this one too, but even it carries risk.
Power one I didn't agree with at the time but I don't think they're having buyer's remorse on the other two. And even if they fall in the middle of their last two years, which is the most likely, they're really not bad deals as much as they looked to be complete steals a year ago

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Could be a steal, could be a dud.

6-8 is the new 4-6.

Obviously if he never progresses it looks bad, but who is going to assume that their #1 overall massive C is capped at 50 points in year 2?

So yeah it could go sideways, but even then it would only be slightly bad and even in that case you probably don't want a pessimist who thinks your best prospect won't progress handing out the contracts either way, so yeah all in all, it's relatively fair

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Could be a steal, could be a dud.

6-8 is the new 4-6.

Obviously if he never progresses it looks bad, but who is going to assume that their #1 overall massive C is capped at 50 points in year 2?

So yeah it could go sideways, but even then it would only be slightly bad and even in that case you probably don't want a pessimist who thinks your best prospect handing out the contracts either way, so yeah all in all, it's relatively fair
7.6M for a 50pts wonger with his physical presence isnt THAT bad even if he stays the same as last year. Plenty of players out there making similar $ who have zero of Slaf inangibles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad