Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I don’t hate them for trying something new or a new approach but they should have pivoted after ‘21. That was a turning point year for the organization. If we knew we weren’t keeping Hyman, we should have traded him to the Oilers at the deadline that year. We would have gotten a first for him that we could have kept or flipped for a dman. Should have fired Keefe, could have even moved off one of Marner or Nylander then too if we really wanted. That was
I agree with your points here. We’re wasting time. I’m personally sick of it.

How do we not make real changes after CBJ?
How do we not replace keefe after MTL?
How do we not replace Keefe after getting beaten (badly) by florida last year after all the assets spent?

How do we not do anything substantial year over year?

This is partly why I’m on the trade Marner train. Major movement needs to happen. But I guess we will pause on roster reconstruction and put everything on berubes shoulders.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
No, but if the season goes haywire and the team is doing poorly, there will be "Fire Shanny" chants all the time.

I expect Marner to get massive cheers on opening night. Why wouldn't he? He never asked to be traded. If he leaves in Free Agency, then he'll be booed the following season. And will go down as one of the most hated Ex-Leafs ever. He might get booed when he does his invisible man impression again in the Playoffs.

When the inevitable happens and the leafs get eliminated in the first round next year, Shanny will fall on his sword. He's finished.

Last edited:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Auston has earned his contact.
How

Has he led the team in the playoffs? That's how these guys are supposed to earn their bucks. That's how they're supposed to earn those huge contracts. I don't think he'd even led the team in scoring up till then. Didn't seem to matter though, just walked into Dumass office and with a straight face he and Bri asked for 12m and got 11,6 while only committing to stay for 5 years or UFA.

An MVP and Rockets, sure nice trinkets for his mantle, but who friggin cares. 5 years 6 rounds of playoffs, and when you add up the playoff wins its less than 0 and means absolutely nothing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No, but if the season goes haywire and the team is doing poorly, there will be "Fire Shanny" chants all the time.

I expect Marner to get massive cheers on opening night. Why wouldn't he? He never asked to be traded. If he leaves in Free Agency, then he'll be booed the following season. And will go down as one of the most hated Ex-Leafs ever. He might get booed when he does his invisible man impression again the Playoffs.

When the inevitable happens and the leafs get eliminated in the first round next year, Shanny will fall on his sword. He's finished.
Why would he get boo'd for leaving in free agency if they don't offer him a contract?

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
How

Has he led the team in the playoffs? That's how these guys are supposed to earn their bucks. That's how they're supposed to earn those huge contracts. I don't think he'd even led the team in scoring up till then. Didn't seem to matter though, just walked into Dumass office and with a straight face he and Bri asked for 12m and got 11,6 while only committing to stay for 5 years or UFA.

An MVP and Rockets, sure nice trinkets for his mantle, but who friggin cares. 5 years 6 rounds of playoffs, and when you add up the playoff wins its less than 0 and means absolutely nothing.
Do you feel the same way about Barkov? 59 points in 71 games played.

Its more than straight up point production in the playoffs - top line centre, solid in the draw, solid defensively, throws the body, ext.

Matthews skates circles around Marner in the playoffs.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Do you feel the same way about Barkov? 59 points in 71 games played.

Its more than straight up point production in the playoffs - top line centre, solid in the draw, solid defensively, throws the body, ext.

Matthews skates circles around Marner in the playoffs.
Don't know really, but I have a real feeling that we Leafs fans will never see that kind of effort, of sheer will out of Matthews whether he's the highest paid, whether he ever wears a "C" or whatever the circumstance. I just don't see that extra gear in his game. He has one of the all time shots, he's huge and strong, above average wheels, but I've never seen him really dominate like all the great ones have done when it's needed.

To the Marner question, when was that?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Probably, fans are far more petulant than they claim Marner is.

Heckling and booing is the best part of sport. Question, when you you have people over to watch the game are you raising your pinky and saying. Oh that wasn't becoming of him, he ought to have had that. Shame.

Or

Are the guys saying WTF was that Marner? How in the hell did he miss that. I know your kids are likely saying crap like that.

I guess pretending to be sophisticated and a member of polite society is a cool social circle facade to put on though lol i mean watching a face smasher sport even haha

Polo Tennis Golf are some really good soft spoken fan sports

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Like Kyper said, when there was no cap, players were happy when another player got paid. With the cap when a player is paid, they say less money for me. Seriously, how can any teammate like seeing these 3 losers get all the money after watching them in the playoffs?

Gary's cap has turned this league into more of a business for the fans. I remember the days when we had no clue what a player was earning, nor did we care and it was never talked about. Thank you Gary.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Not reading thread. No, that's silly. He did nothing wrong. I'd still let him walk after this season in favour of things the team needs more but not because of anything he did wrong. The business is the business.

Reactions: DarkKnight

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yep, that's one thing about the fans in attendance they love to spend lots of money on things they don't like.
Or scalp their tickets to Bruin fans………

I dont get the Marner hate. Leaf fans are so ungrateful. Our other stars have barely done anything in the playoffs as well. We cant just be happy. Lets go back to having PA Parenteau as our best forward.
Who are these “other stars”

Reactions: Al14

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
No. The people that attend the games don't make any noise. I'm not sure they even like hockey to be honest.

pisses me off when I see people on their phones as the play is ongoing as the camera pans to the coach or the Leafs bench.

Get some real fans in the building

Btw who remembers this? ;)

Marner will get similar treatment IMO sooner or later... Fans don't have much patience anymore....

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
pisses me off when I see people on their phones as the play is ongoing as the camera pans to the coach or the Leafs bench.

Get some real fans in the building

Btw who remembers this? ;)

Marner will get similar treatment IMO sooner or later... Fans don't have much patience anymore....

Doubt it

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think it goes a bit deeper than just being bad in front of the mic. The attacks on the media and fanbase blaming them for putting shambles in their brain is unnecessary and just more excuse making.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard him or Matthews say I need to be better, or that my level of play is unacceptable or something along those lines.

It’s always we had looks, we were right there, blah blah, followed by some random unprovoked rant about the media/fans.

I think he is just immature
Marner, just like the rest of the core don’t take accountability for years of failure, they wouldn’t be despised anywhere near what they are if they just took ownership of their failures……..

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
If we start bad I think him and Shanny would be the first to get booed, but we all have short memories as well when things are going good

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Management created the media fiasco.
They should have just said he was staying if that’s their intention.
If they end up signing him for 12+, they just caused all this media speculation on the player for nothing. It’s bad management.
Even if the plan was to trade him, they could have said he was staying and traded him the next day. No speculation. They created the clown show.
Winner winner chicken dinner………

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Like Kyper said, when there was no cap, players were happy when another player got paid. With the cap when a player is paid, they say less money for me. Seriously, how can any teammate like seeing these 3 losers get all the money after watching them in the playoffs?

Gary's cap has turned this league into more of a business for the fans. I remember the days when we had no clue what a player was earning, nor did we care and it was never talked about. Thank you Gary.
I miss those days.

The Toronto maple leafs make so much damn money, we pay higher ticket prices than any other teams fans, but can’t keep our guys/build a real contender because of salary cap. Meanwhile our dollars keep teams afloat in lower tax areas that can pay our players more than we can, at a lower cap %, because of taxes.

Who wouldn’t want to live in florida, make more money, and burden your teams cap less?

Sad cruel landscape of being a leaf fan I guess.

Reactions: ToneDog
Oct 18, 2010

It's the owner's cap. Gary just does what the owners want. Including the penny pinching Leaf owners. Got Milk?

Reactions: ToneDog

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

I expect Marner to get massive cheers on opening night. Why wouldn't he? He never asked to be traded. If he leaves in Free Agency, then he'll be booed the following season. And will go down as one of the most hated Ex-Leafs ever. He might get booed when he does his invisible man impression again in the Playoffs.

After the lack lustre effort and awful playoffs he had last year why would he get massive cheers. He has not earned that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad