Line Combos: Your 2024-2025 D pairings are?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Thoughts on the Bruins Defense:

Zadorov: Watching video of him, he might be a better skater than Zdeno Chara? These Russian players really learn skating fundamentals as kids and they usually are above average skaters. Seems like Zad’s issue is positioning and playing within the system. Sometimes he likes to go for the big hit. That’s ok, once in a while and it is intimidating. He can play up with Charlie or lower in the pairings. He replaces Forbort’s size and then some. He’s 6’6” and 248. Seems a little too heavy ? I think he’d be even quicker at around 240. But man, he is a thick dude! So maybe that is not realistic? Scary! What a presence.

Lohrei: I love this kid. He’s got skill and size. Maybe he (and Carlo) will develop additional snarl as they watch Zad punish forwards in front of the Bruins net. I think Mason is adding some weight and strength this off-season. He got a taste of the physicality in the playoffs. He’s going to be a beast once he fills out and develops his man strength! He played great in the playoffs! On the uptrend!

Basically, you can rotate Zad and Mason with Charlie all season long. Mason when the Bruins are trailing and Zad when they have a lead. One thing I love about what Sweeney has done with the defense, is the obvious increase in size. No more Gryz! I think the Vegas D last season (size wise) was the template for dethroning the Panthers:

Vegas 2023:
Hague 6’6” 230
Martinez 6’1” 21
McNabb 6’4” 215
Pietrangelo 6’3” 215
Theodore 6’2” 197
Whitecloud 6’2” 207

BRUINS 2024:
Carlo 6’5” 217
Lindholm 6’4” 224
Lohrei 6’5” 211
Zadorov 6’6” 248
McAvoy 6’1” 209
Peeke 6’3” 214

Looks like Sweeney gave up on the “small” lineup? Players with size must be good skaters in the NHL. Seems like everyone is a good skater, although Lindholm has slowed a little bit. Maybe his load will be lighter with the addition of Zad? Lohrei will be bigger, probably 215 this year. This is a formidable defense. Zad is going to add attitude and snarl. Yes, the Bruins did not find their 2 RW yet, but the defense is much deeper! Forwards must tread carefully in front of Swayman.
I really like this D, you have some real flexibility with group. I think who ever partners with McAvoy will be a positive Mc, I think he has had to much responsibility with some of his recent partners, this season should be a good opportunity see Charlie, play his game, we tend to forget he was coming off shoulder surgery last year that I, think effected his play. Lindholm got hurt two years in a row in the playoff and one of the injuries being a concussion and which for every player has different timeline for full recovery, I think and hope we see the real Lindholm this year. I, have to confess I was not sure talent aside if Loheri was ready yet and if might need more time to develop, but his playoff run really opened my eyes. Carlo, does not get the love he should get in this town, and sadly he might be one of those guys that will not be appreciated until he is gone. Zadorov, I promise will help the forwards with presence by just opening up the ice more for them to play, guy like that can have that effect. Peake gives what he has and nice bottom 6 D-man.

Reactions: sarge88

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Making and thinking up if lines is a moot point since Monty changes them every shift. Isn’t that one of the complaints we have?

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad