Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Juraj Slafkovsky signs extension with the Canadiens (8 years, $7.6M AAV; begins 2025-26)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Disagree with boom or bust posts.

Even if he tops as the 55-60 points forward he is right now, as power forward who put up that point is gonna get 7M on the open market easily. This is the market now.

Then if he become a 80 points guy it's a big steal but unless there's injuries I dont see how can that deal sours in any way
Following the Ottawa approach of locking in their guys long term post ELC. Suzuki and Caulfield signed for max term. Just need to begin making something of it.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Fair enough...I meant to and for some reason I didn't.
I know what you're saying, but he doesn't have the franchise level upside of Mackinnon. This is also being signed in a world where RFAs are typically doing a lot better after their ELC so different context just don't think you're really ever going to see a deal like that again for a player of that calibre

Else Ermine

Jun 1, 2024
What's the sense in this for Slafkovsky really? I'm not oblivious to it being a huge amount of money but if I'm his agent and I know he's healthy I'm not jumping to sign this now with a year to go on his ELC.
Love it for Montreal and their fans though.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The
What's the sense in this for Slafkovsky really? I'm not oblivious to it being a huge amount of money but if I'm his agent and I know he's healthy I'm not jumping to sign this now with a year to go on his ELC.
Love it for Montreal and their fans though.
60m guaranteed. At most he’s leaving 12-15 on the table over 8 years

shows he buys in to the culture in Montreal and isn’t in it to scrape every single dollar he can from his position

Opportunity and solid character I think

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The reactions in this thread show how little people actually watch the Habs.

Most Habs fans were going to be happy if it was under 8.25 and some members of our media were speculating 8.5+.

This is a great contract, he put up 50 points as a 19 year old. If he progresses at all given his physical and defensive game its fair value if he gets to 60-65 points. This is going to be a steal.
Why would anyone watch the Habs

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Guess and Demigod11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad