Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Juraj Slafkovsky signs extension with the Canadiens (8 years, $7.6M AAV; begins 2025-26)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
hahaha this sounds like the leafs trying to force dion phaneuf to be their #1 RHD defender and captain lol
habs have a few of these contracts
will be fun watching this go=ing forward
suzuki 8mil for covid playoff run
this guy gets 8 for 20 goals on a decent 2nd half of the season I guess and Canfield get paid for scoring a few power play goals ...nice

at least our overpaid players are top of the league in scoring every year
Yeah and what do they accomplish when it matters? Because the two you named smoked your team despite being at the beginning of their development. I can only imagine now.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Slafkovsky is already a beast physically, so there's probably not as much as upside as there is for the typical 20 year old to improve from that aspect. I would've preferred the Habs to wait a little more, but meh.

Can't imagine how the kid is feeling. 60M dollars.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
hahaha this sounds like the leafs trying to force dion phaneuf to be their #1 RHD defender and captain lol
habs have a few of these contracts
will be fun watching this go=ing forward
suzuki 8mil for covid playoff run
this guy gets 8 for 20 goals on a decent 2nd half of the season I guess and Canfield get paid for scoring a few power play goals ...nice

at least our overpaid players are top of the league in scoring every year
Leafs fans are the most delusional people when it comes to hockey knowledge.

" His covid run" had 41 points in 56 games and 16 points in 22 playoff games
61 points the year after
66 points last year
77 points this season

Never missed a single game in his career.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Kent Hughes has everyone tied to the Suzuki contract. 7.875 for Suzy. Caufield signs one year later... 7.85. Slaf signs 1 year later... 7.6

It might take a new Suzuki contract to see any forward, or any player, get signed above that number. Once we get rid of the deadwood contracts left by Bergevin, there will be a ton of space available.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
You just know deep down inside, the haters are furious that the Habs locked up the Chadkovsky at such a great contract and I'm loving all their bitter comments. And better yet, everyone is falling in line behind Suzuki's contract.
That's how you build a winner. It's gonna be a fun ride in about 3 years from now.
AWESOME!

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Kent Hughes has everyone tied to the Suzuki contract. 7.875 for Suzy. Caufield signs one year later... 7.85. Slaf signs 1 year later... 7.6

It might take a new Suzuki contract to see any forward, or any player, get signed above that number. Once we get rid of the deadwood contracts left by Bergevin, there will be a ton of space available.
Internally sure but if they go for a very big fish in UFA the levy is gonna break

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
This probably makes some sense according to someone.
Confirm action  HFBoards - NHL Message Board and….png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad