Proposal: MTL/DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: Filip Hronek and Robby Fabbri

Vs

To Detroit : Alex Romanov, Tyler Toffloli and 4th round pick 2023

MTL pov: Hronek is a RHD with some offensive upside and Habs need this badly. Fabbri have a lot of potentiel can play C/LW.

DET Pov: Toffloli can put 30 goals and with Vrana out for many months he can be useful. Romanov have some potential but Habs have many LHD in the pipeline.. Detroit are in rebuild/retool so they dont need to rush him

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
No thanks from Detroit. Detroit is stacked with LHD prospects and needs Hronek

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Romanov is an interesting piece but Toffoli doesn't do much for the Wings, Raymond has more than covered for Vrana's absence and wing is where we have the most NHL depth. I think if Detroit was to make a move they'd be looking for a top-four LD or top-six C. Our LD prospect pool is already very strong.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I agree that Romanov would be an interesting piece for the Wings, but I don't think it makes any sense for Detroit to give up both Hronek and Fabbri in an attempt to replace Vrana for 3 months.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
...if you're content with DDK playing top-four minutes. Out prospect pool is strong but acquiring an LD would improve the team this season. Don't think we should be buying yet though.
The Wings aren't going to carry 3 very strong LHD unless you are sure one of them can play the opposite side?

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
The Wings aren't going to carry 3 very strong LHD unless you are sure one of them can play the opposite side?

Not sure what you mean. On the left we have Leddy who looks like he belongs in the top-four, then DDK, Staal, and Osterle who hold their own but I'd call them bottom pair guys. Right side is Seider, Hronek, Lindstrom/Stecher.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Not sure what you mean. On the left we have Leddy who looks like he belongs in the top-four, then DDK, Staal, and Osterle who hold their own but I'd call them bottom pair guys. Right side is Seider, Hronek, Lindstrom/Stecher.
oh im mainly talking about the future. Wings have Johannson, Wallinder, McIssac, Edvinsson all on the left hand side. Its not hard to think at least 2 of them will make for decent NHL'ers. If Yzerman is giving up Hronek and Fabbri, I don't think its for a LHD as good as Romanov is.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
oh im mainly talking about the future. Wings have Johannson, Wallinder, McIssac, Edvinsson all on the left hand side. Its not hard to think at least 2 of them will make for decent NHL'ers. If Yzerman is giving up Hronek and Fabbri, I don't think its for a LHD as good as Romanov is.

Ah, sure, I agree. I'd like to leave an opportunity for Edvinsson (maybe McIsaac or Johansson) to jump into the NHL next year. With Leddy, Staal and DDK expiring I think there's still room to acquire a younger, top-four-ready LD.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I'd prefer keeping Romanov. Give him more ice time and see what we got with him. Trust him and coach him, he's a NHL player.
If we're to trade Toffoli I'd expect some futures.
Don't see Detroit wanting to part ways with Hronek either.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
This is a very fair proposal. But I agree, the fit is not ideal for Detroit, since they have a few LD prospects and little need for Toffoli.

Gruß,
BSHH

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
It's not terrible value, and kudos for making the money make sense to an extent, it makes the trade even more realistic. Fabbri is a UFA so getting anything of value out of him in an interesting player like Romanov is gravy. I also don't hate the idea of taking a gamble on Toffoli, he's only got two more years at a pretty reasonable cap hit. The question is the cost of losing Hronek worth it given that in theory he's a .5 PPG RHD and in return we'd be getting another LHD which we have plenty of, and useful depth scoring player, which we do need but not yet - we're still a year away from being a bubble team afterall. I would say that it's still a year too early for us to be making moves like this without a significant future asset attached.

Counter offer: take out Romanov, upgrade the pick to a 2022 or 2023 1st with the condition that if Montreal's pick falls inside the top 10 in 2022, they can defer the pick to 2023.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
To Montreal: Filip Hronek and Robby Fabbri

Vs

To Detroit : Alex Romanov, Tyler Toffloli and 4th round pick 2023

MTL pov: Hronek is a RHD with some offensive upside and Habs need this badly. Fabbri have a lot of potentiel can play C/LW.

DET Pov: Toffloli can put 30 goals and with Vrana out for many months he can be useful. Romanov have some potential but Habs have many LHD in the pipeline.. Detroit are in rebuild/retool so they dont need to rush him

Montreal reject this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad