Proposal: MTL/DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Wings should want to trade for Romanov at the expense of Hronek especially factoring in our LHD pipeline: Edvinsson, Johansson, Wallinder, Buium, McIsaac, and Viro. The age difference between Hronek is 2.18 years as Romanov turns 22 in Jan and Hronek turned 24 two days ago. Not exactly a major difference specially when you factor in production/development difference at their respective years so not sure how that is selling low by your statement.

I'm not sure but I don't believe the Habs are pushing Romanov on the Wings. Maybe some are but most from what I see are interested in a Hronek/Romanov swap but not at the cost to Toffoli and a pick. Fabbri doesn't help us any more than Romanov on your LD side narrative.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I'm not sure but I don't believe the Habs are pushing Romanov on the Wings. Maybe some are but most from what I see are interested in a Hronek/Romanov swap but not at the cost to Toffoli and a pick. Fabbri doesn't help us any more than Romanov on your LD side narrative.
I don’t think either team is pushing for this and I don’t believe OP is a fan of either team. I also believe Romanov gets overhyped by some Hab fans and the age difference between Hronek and Romanov is immaterial given the difference in development/production.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t think either team is pushing for this and I don’t believe OP is a fan of either team. I also believe Romanov gets overhyped by some Hab fans and the age difference between Hronek and Romanov is immaterial given the difference in development/production.

Romanov would have the same hype or hope in potential that Hronek had at age 20/21. We are not going to give him up for low value even if anybody thinks he will disappoint. Wings would say the same thing if the situation was reversed.

Romanov needs maturity time that Hronek has already had. That's the guess work. Nobody can predict the future that accurately. Habs are not that desperate to move Romanov cause we think he will disappoint when he is 24. We are loaded at LD and we might consider a LD/RD swap if the deal made sense but that has to work for both teams involved.

I personally also don't see why the Wings would trade Hronek and maybe that's why the OP tried to include Toffoli but that's going over the top and giving up both Toffoli and Romanov is too much

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Romanov would have the same hype or hope in potential that Hronek had at age 20/21. We are not going to give him up for low value even if anybody thinks he will disappoint. Wings would say the same thing if the situation was reversed.

Romanov needs maturity time that Hronek has already had. That's the guess work. Nobody can predict the future that accurately. Habs are not that desperate to move Romanov cause we think he will disappoint when he is 24. We are loaded at LD and we might consider a LD/RD swap if the deal made sense but that has to work for both teams involved.

I personally also don't see why the Wings would trade Hronek and maybe that's why the OP tried to include Toffoli but that's going over the top and giving up both Toffoli and Romanov is too much
You failed to miss the point. Selling Romanov for Hronek isn’t selling low. They’re essentially two years apart so if you compare Hronek 19-20 season to Romanov currently you’d see the difference in production/GP which is why neutral fans are asking why Detroit would do it. There’s no incentive for Detroit to downgrade in defense for winger depth and it sounds like you don’t mind the LD/RD swap. I’ve already posted our LHD pipeline so your argument doesn’t really make sense.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You failed to miss the point. Selling Romanov for Hronek isn’t selling low. They’re essentially two years apart so if you compare Hronek 19-20 season to Romanov currently you’d see the difference in production/GP which is why neutral fans are asking why Detroit would do it. There’s no incentive for Detroit to downgrade in defense for winger depth and it sounds like you don’t mind the LD/RD swap. I’ve already posted our LHD pipeline so your argument doesn’t really make sense.

No, I do understand your point and were not 100% on the same page or in agreement. One of them has 64 NHL games at age 20/21 on a team trying to make the playoffs and the other has 175 NHL games at the age of 21-24 on a team that is bottom of the NHL and more open to playing youth while they learn on the job.

Your basically saying Romanov has no chance to mature and grow while at the same time, Hronek has had that time. Complete ignorance cause you think Romanov will disappoint or bust but I bet you had the same hope in potential for Hronek at the same age point. Go ahead, try to use his age 21/22 season of points production as your "proof"

I also think you are going to assume that I'm saying Romanov will be as good as Hronek or better down the road. If you do, it's false but I can't control your comprehension and I won't be held responsible for it either.

The main point? Neither team is desperate for the Hronek/Romanov swap even if the Habs should add a pick. The part where Toffoli is added for cap reasons is the real joke!

Last edited:

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
No, I do understand your point and were not 100% on the same page or in agreement. One of them has 64 NHL games at age 20/21 on a team trying to make the playoffs and the other has 175 NHL games at the age of 21-24 on a team that is bottom of the NHL and more open to playing youth while they learn on the job.

Your basically saying Romanov has no chance to mature and grow while at the same time, Hronek has had that time. Complete ignorance cause you think Romanov will disappoint or bust but I bet you had the same hope in potential for Hronek at the same age point. Go ahead, try to use his age 21/22 season of points production as your "proof"

I also think you are going to assume that I'm saying Romanov will be as good as Hronek or better down the road. If you do, it's false but I can't control your comprehension and I won't be held responsible for it either.

The main point? Neither team is desperate for the Hronek/Romanov swap even if the Habs should add a pick. The part where Toffoli is added for cap reasons is the real joke!
I never once said Romanov has a chance as progressing. I’m merely pointing out they’re only 2.18 years difference and you’re being a bit disingenuous in GP per age considering birth dates. I’m saying if you want a fair comparison then compare the correct respective seasons. You then use a main point that doesn’t include Fabbri which holds value. You may not want Fabbri but again disingenuous in your argument. Simply put there’s a reason why multiple neutral fans are asking why Detroit would do this trade.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I never once said Romanov has a chance as progressing. I’m merely pointing out they’re only 2.18 years difference and you’re being a bit disingenuous in GP per age considering birth dates. I’m saying if you want a fair comparison then compare the correct respective seasons. You then use a main point that doesn’t include Fabbri which holds value. You may not want Fabbri but again disingenuous in your argument. Simply put there’s a reason why multiple neutral fans are asking why Detroit would do this trade.

There was no disingenuous narrative. One is 21 and the other is 24. I don't care about 2 or 3 years as much as I care about context and circumstances of where they are at in development, how much games played they have, and optertunity due to team circumstances as well.

I also don't care about popular believes but you can if you wish. Might make you feel better in the end but it's not factual information. It's all subjective opinions and the Habs are not going to add Toffoli on top of Romanov to get Hronek. We would consider a LD/RD swap if the deal fit for both sides. This one does not work out

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
There was no disingenuous narrative. One is 21 and the other is 24. I don't care about 2 or 3 years as much as I care about context and circumstances of where they are at in development, how much games played they have, and optertunity due to team circumstances as well.

I also don't care about popular believes but you can if you wish. Might make you feel better in the end but it's not factual information. It's all subjective opinions and the Habs are not going to add Toffoli on top of Romanov to get Hronek. We would consider a LD/RD swap if the deal fit for both sides. This one does not work out
Like I said in my initial post one turned 24 2 days ago and the other turns 22 in 2 months. GP in their respective years also was stated incorrectly. This isn’t an opinion is quantitive data which I provided since someone talked about experience. Your rationale also doesn’t make sense like I pointed out. You haven’t addressed a single point but seem to use blanket statements to provide support for your claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad