Proposal: MTL & CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
No thank you, Mr Definitely wasn’t Slafy. Maybe you could find another forum to post these in, preferably on another site? The Habs pollution would drop 98%

Habs aren’t giving up a bunch of ELC’s, and a total of 3 1st rounders for Andersson. Even for you, and any other username that you may have had in the past, that’s pretty awful.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I think CGY says no for two reasons:
1. They already have Parekh and Brzustewicz on the right side.
2. They want a blue chip back, not a couple B level prospects.

• Haha
Reactions: jfhabs

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think CGY says no for two reasons:
1. They already have Parekh and Brzustewicz on the right side.
2. They want a blue chip back, not a couple B level prospects.
This trade only goes down if Panthers are out of the playoffs at American Thanksgiving

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
In terms of value, it probably isn't far off but there are likely teams willing to give up just a bit more.

That first is going to be the Panthers' pick so is likely very late again.

Reactions: dgibb10

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Mailloux is better then Brzustewicz

you don't know that ,,,, don't speculate
If the Flames are selling, which would be the case of they are trading one if their best D, their pick is almost certainly top 10 which means it becomes the Florida pick.

Last edited:

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Flames would get better offers from contenders with limited cap space and narrow winning window.

Reactions: McJedi

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No thank you, Mr Definitely wasn’t Slafy. Maybe you could find another forum to post these in, preferably on another site? The Habs pollution would drop 98%

Habs aren’t giving up a bunch of ELC’s, and a total of 3 1st rounders for Andersson. Even for you, and any other username that you may have had in the past, that’s pretty awful.
Mesar most definitely does not have 1st round value.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Mailloux is a blue chip
Don’t want to argue about definitions but I don’t think he is. Not to say he isn’t good. He’s just not in the same tier as other prospects around the league, or even within the Habs system. I consider Reinbacher and Hutson blue chips.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Don’t want to argue about definitions but I don’t think he is. Not to say he isn’t good. He’s just not in the same tier as other prospects around the league, or even within the Habs system. I consider Reinbacher and Hutson blue chips.
If he's not blue chip he's extremely close. He's generally underrated on these boards.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
MTL : Mailloux + Mesar + CGY first 2025
for
CGY : R, Anderson
That's a weak offer from the Habs.

The real offer here is the Florida pick around 27th OA, a B level dime a dozen guy in Mesar and a solid B+/A- guy in Mailloux with some bad noise around him that will always be in the background.

Easy no from the Flames if I'm their GM. I'd be a hard no on Mesar as part of the deal and I'd want the Habs 2025 1st instead. And someone/thing better than Mesar.

Habs 2025 1st (top 5 protected / assume ~13th OA value range) + Mailloux + better prospect than Mesar.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
mmmm no
Not even that close tbh

Once again, Montreal does not have Calgary 1st round pick 2025. They might get it, but most likely the pick they get from Monahan trade will be Florida 1st round pick.

Really not sure how many times this needs to be stated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad