Proposal: MTL & CGY

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Oof. You're honestly such a bad poster. Bennett is in his 10th season. Pospisil has played part of 1. Do you want to trade us Slafkovsky for Backlund? Heck Backlund has more than 10 times the goals Slafkovsky does.
On his 24th birthday, Sam Bennett was waiting for the NHL to return from COVID so he could finish his fifth full season. On Martin Pospisil's 24th birthday he celebrated having been in the NHL for two weeks.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
On his 24th birthday, Sam Bennett was waiting for the NHL to return from COVID so he could finish his fifth full season. On Martin Pospisil's 24th birthday he celebrated having been in the NHL for two weeks.
In one breath you mention the concussions and in the next you talk about how he wasn't playing at age 18 like Bennett did like you're unaware of the issues. Just shows the type of gaslighting you enjoy. No integrity whatsoever.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
In one breath you mention the concussions and in the next you talk about how he wasn't playing at age 18 like Bennett did like you're unaware of the issues. Just shows the type of gaslighting you enjoy. No integrity whatsoever.
Martin Pospisil wasn't playing in the NHL at the age of 18 because 18-year-old, 4th-round picks don't play in the NHL. His being not good enough was the issue.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Martin Pospisil wasn't playing in the NHL at the age of 18 because 18-year-old, 4th-round picks don't play in the NHL. His being not good enough was the issue.
He had a concussion at 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 years old. Mainly because he was 160 pounds and fighting guys who were 225. It's why he doesn't fight anymore.

He's a better player at age 24 than Bennett was and I was the biggest Bennett guy in our forums.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Holy hell, I like posposil but he's being hillariously overrated in here.

Intriguing player who can skate and impact with physicality with some underrated skill, but pretty limited upside. bottom 6 winger, probably wont have a long career with how he plays.

i think it's a no brainer to move into Top5 from 9 for him

Reactions: viceroy

Gaud

May 11, 2017
lol. We are going to be trash next year.
After we traded Hanifin and Tanev we were like 8-12 or something like that.

Subtract Markstrom and this is going to be a tire fire.
I find your analogy ironic haha Flames going down in.... flames i guess

Gaud

May 11, 2017
It's a case of magic beans too. The young player who has already shown his worth should have more value than a crapshoot.

I agree with you; known values have more value than the potential of unknown ones. As i saw in another thread, i wouldnt trade a Guhle for a defenseman available at #6 on the off chance he is better. (I'd at least need more reasons like salary, congestion in that position, etc); the potential difference in skill wouldn't be worth the risk.

Pospisil seems like a hard worker in Calgary and seems to be getting a lot of love there. I thought he was a 3rd liner, but some posts have him as a 2nd or higher. Anyways, my point would be that if you have a known value whom you see as a 3rd liner and you can get a player with potential as top 6, then yes, i woudl say the difference in skill would be worth the risk. You could probably argue that this wouldnt be a "crapshoot" though

Reactions: viceroy

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Lol come on now ..

It Pospisil is worth the 13oA pick, so is a shit ton of players in the NHL.

We'll tive you Harvey Pinard for your 9OA considering he's younger and better than your plug
Love RHP's drive, but c'mon. Pospisil is much better.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
How?

Beside physical attributes, how is he better? And why is one worth nothing and the other one worth a top15 pick
"besides physical attributes" is already a big one - 6 inches is quite the difference.

I'd give the general hockey sense to RHP - He seems to be able to play every position effectively. Both players seem to be energy-types that give it their all.

However, Pospisil definitely has skating and physicality over RHP. He has awesome forechecking. Projections aside (MP was projected higher, but what does that mean now), id say the biggest difference is the role the players take. Pospisil has an agitator role (a pest) where physicality is involved. RHP is more versatile, but what one skill does he have that is elite? He is more of a player that you keep for versatility than one you put in specific situations.

RHP had one good season where i was hoping he'd manage to make it to a meaningful contributive role, but he also had way better opportunities then than Pospisil ever got, with the habs rebuilding. I think the difference between the two woudl be more evident if Pospisil didnt have a history of injury.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
"besides physical attributes" is already a big one - 6 inches is quite the difference.

I'd give the general hockey sense to RHP - He seems to be able to play every position effectively. Both players seem to be energy-types that give it their all.

However, Pospisil definitely has skating and physicality over RHP. He has awesome forechecking. Projections aside (MP was projected higher, but what does that mean now), id say the biggest difference is the role the players take. Pospisil has an agitator role (a pest) where physicality is involved. RHP is more versatile, but what one skill does he have that is elite? He is more of a player that you keep for versatility than one you put in specific situations.

RHP had one good season where i was hoping he'd manage to make it to a meaningful contributive role, but he also had way better opportunities then than Pospisil ever got, with the habs rebuilding. I think the difference between the two woudl be more evident if Pospisil didnt have a history of injury.
So again... Beside phyicality. Why is one valued as a top15 pick even if he's a 30pts 4th liner and the other one is worth nothing?

I mean... mcCarron was big as well... Is he worth a top15 pick?

Gaud

May 11, 2017
So again... Beside phyicality. Why is one valued as a top15 pick even if he's a 30pts 4th liner and the other one is worth nothing?

I mean... mcCarron was big as well... Is he worth a top15 pick?
? Top 15 pick and the other worth nothing - i said neither of those things nor do i agree to either. I just opined one player was better than the other.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
? Top 15 pick and the other worth nothing - i said neither of those things nor do i agree to either. I just opined one player was better than the other.
I was refering to the poster saying Posp was worth a top15pick.

Posp doesn't bring CGY anywhere close to the top5.

Unless CGY adds Zary in a 2v2 tradejke

Zary

Vs

Mesar

It aint happening

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I agree with you; known values have more value than the potential of unknown ones. As i saw in another thread, i wouldnt trade a Guhle for a defenseman available at #6 on the off chance he is better. (I'd at least need more reasons like salary, congestion in that position, etc); the potential difference in skill wouldn't be worth the risk.

Pospisil seems like a hard worker in Calgary and seems to be getting a lot of love there. I thought he was a 3rd liner, but some posts have him as a 2nd or higher. Anyways, my point would be that if you have a known value whom you see as a 3rd liner and you can get a player with potential as top 6, then yes, i woudl say the difference in skill would be worth the risk. You could probably argue that this wouldnt be a "crapshoot" though

Pospisil doesn't really have the skills of a top 6, but his jam and speed are so good that he can play with top six linemates and improve their game, if that makes any sense. I wouldn't rely on him to stir the offence, but if you've got a Kadri level player on the ice, Pospisil is charging the net, chasing down pucks, and making space everywhere else for Kadri. Pospisil is extremely effective at that. The Flames were a train wreck last year and Pospisil had 24 points in 63 games in that role. Pospisil's upside for more is there, and even if he does top out at just below .5 PPG the rest of his game is invaluable.

He plays a similar style to Sam Bennett. Not as skilled but also not as dumb.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Pospisil doesn't really have the skills of a top 6, but his jam and speed are so good that he can play with top six linemates and improve their game, if that makes any sense. I wouldn't rely on him to stir the offence, but if you've got a Kadri level player on the ice, Pospisil is charging the net, chasing down pucks, and making space everywhere else for Kadri. Pospisil is extremely effective at that. The Flames were a train wreck last year and Pospisil had 24 points in 63 games in that role. Pospisil's upside for more is there, and even if he does top out at just below .5 PPG the rest of his game is invaluable.

He plays a similar style to Sam Bennett. Not as skilled but also not as dumb.
I agree with you, someone was asking for a comparison. I love RHP and i figure his hockey sense makes him more versatile, but he doesnt have that elite skil that lets him have a role in a lineup, other than someone to plug holes. He's not good enough to be a top 6 long term, and i suspect most GMs would pick MP on their third line because of this.

Size is another issue - RHP plays bigger than he is, but its not comparable to how MP plays.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The only Calgary player i'm interested in, as a Habs fan, is Rasmuss Andersson. Would fit perfectly on the right side with Reinbacher.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
A lot of clueless people who have never seen Pospisil play before in this thread. He’s going to be a 40 point ev strength guy, arguably the most physical forward in the league.

Definitely no value there :sarcasm:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
A lot of clueless people who have never seen Pospisil play before in this thread. He’s going to be a 40 point ev strength guy, arguably the most physical forward in the league.

Definitely no value there :sarcasm:
I value Pospisil higher than any prospect/young player in our system besides Wolf. Higher than Coronato, Zary, Honzek ect. I know I'll be in the minority on that, but I also know I'm right. Injury concern is the only way I think he could not be a very important player for us moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad