Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Truth. I've had the same experience with multiple players, past and present. Players are discussed in the Montreal media, but never bugged in everyday life. If Laine doesn't spend his days Googling his name he'll easily avoid the pressure of this market, which will be even easier since he doesn't understand french.
I have forgotten all the french I once learned in school…except:
Je suis désolé mais je ne parle pas français.
My problem is, that I‘m able to say it almost without any accent…and people are like…yeah right.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
My problem is, that I‘m able to say it almost without any accent…and people are like…yeah right.
I don't speak any French, but I'm going to guess it's the same as my ability to say

No hablo Espanol, pero yo se un pequito well enough for people to think I actually can speak Spanish 😂

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Visit Paris and they won't understand a word :D

My french isn't perfect, but it is more than good enough to get around where French is spoken. Except Paris.

In Brussels everyone answered me back in French and even asked follow-up questions, understanding full well that my grasp of the language was good enough :D

West Africans in Sweden also have no issue with my French.

Would love to visit Montréal someday. I hear people there are nice!

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Okay then. Kovalev was like that. Won a Cup and was always elite when it mattered.
funny you list another player often thought of as being an underachiever. I also think those HOF's in NY played a pretty big part in Kovalev getting that Cup

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
funny you list another player often thought of as being an underachiever. I also think those HOF's in NY played a pretty big part in Kovalev getting that Cup
Yeah maybe you don’t quite understand how Cups are won seeing as how you’re a Blue Jackets fan, not your fault. But typically it takes more than one player. Kovalev was a big part of that.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yeah maybe you don’t quite understand how Cups are won seeing as how you’re a Blue Jackets fan, not your fault. But typically it takes more than one player. Kovalev was a big part of that.
You are right there in the basement with us but if youd like to act superior because your team was successful before many of us were alive then great.

If you cant handle criticism, especially when you are competing at the highest level you are going to have issues, which Laine has without a doubt had. Laine yelling at an assistant coach for example is not a "moron Torts" issue

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
So? That was 30 years ago in a wildly different NHL. We’re very sorry you lost your team, but a franchise with very stable ownership in a state with laws on the books preventing relocation isn’t moving anywhere even if suddenly not a single fan showed up (which clearly isn’t going to happen either, see the post you’re quoting and look at the dates).

Frankly wish BJ's stay in Columbus is long and prosperous. Still, the NHL - Bettman specifically - has a track record. It has demonstrated that it will have it's way. If someday to service the interest of the NHL, BJ's need to relocate, they'll be relocated.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You are right there in the basement with us but if youd like to act superior because your team was successful before many of us were alive then great.

If you cant handle criticism, especially when you are competing at the highest level you are going to have issues, which Laine has without a doubt had. Laine yelling at an assistant coach for example is not a "moron Torts" issue
The thing is your team’s been in the basement since 2000, so go ahead and somehow talk about another team’s lack of success, but you won’t be taken seriously.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The thing is your team’s been in the basement since 2000, so go ahead and somehow talk about another team’s lack of success, but you won’t be taken seriously.
being a random fan that wears a jersey with a certain emblem on it doesnt change the quality of your opinion :laugh:. Kinda like when Montreal fans came to the Columbus board after you guys got Anderson and proceeded to tell us about his game and 1 guy proclaiming him as the next LeClair. Guess we can be right once in awhile

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
being a random fan that wears a jersey with a certain emblem on it doesnt change the quality of your opinion :laugh:. Kinda like when Montreal fans came to the Columbus board after you guys got Anderson and proceeded to tell us about his game and 1 guy proclaiming him as the next LeClair. Guess we can be right once in awhile
I predict no fewer than three comments every week this coming preseason and season from Habs fans on the CBJ board telling us all about Laine. Because what could we possibly know after nearly four years of watching him? Is there even wifi in Ohio?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I predict no fewer than three comments every week this coming preseason and season from Habs fans on the CBJ board telling us all about Laine. Because what could we possibly know after nearly four years of watching him? Is there even wifi in Ohio?
Wait, do you guys have wifi? :sarcasm:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Damn the first time the Habs have rebuilt in their 100+ year history and somehow the fan of a team that’s been rebuilding for 25 years thinks they have something to say about it.

By the way, how was Domi? Did he work out?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Damn the first time the Habs have rebuilt in their 100+ year history and somehow the fan of a team that’s been rebuilding for 25 years thinks they have something to say about it.

By the way, how was Domi? Did he work out?
The points you are trying to make are so far out in leftfield they make no sense. Domi didnt work out so the he was moved and now the team has no $ on the cap wasted by having him around still

• Haha
Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The points you are trying to make are so far out in leftfield they make no sense. Domi didnt work out so the he was moved and now the team has no $ on the cap wasted by having him around still
When the only positive of a move is just moving $, your team is insignificant.

Since 2021:

Max Domi 166 points
Patrik Laine 141 points

🤷‍♂️
For the Blue Jackets? I must have missed that

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I mean, I was right there with you until you opted to throw shade on my team. I agree that positive reinforcement is a valid approach, but c'mon. We don't need that kind of crap.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's not going to happen.

Source: I'm a HFCBJ moderator and there are rules against trolling other teams' boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad