Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I am not a fan of the habs, current rebuild or fanbase so this hurts to say but this a great add. Of course with how toxic this very woke demographic here, most will shit on him, the Habs and somehow the leafs and nucks will get shit on too, lol.

In all seriousness, Laine has the pedigree to be the best player that team if they don't stick him with Dach.
Why? Dach played really well before he got injured last season, he was the best player on the team, better than Suzuki.

If he's healthy this season he could be a perfect fit for Laine, two big dudes who would be crazy hard to contain. He's a right shot C and we know how Laine likes to unleash that one timer on his offside.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
He's got to be on the ice enough to score 40+
More like he hasnt had a decent C since Scheifele. Suzuki, Dach >> Roslovic, Jenner. I`d also assume the 6 months away from hockey should have healed his body and mind. Well, we will see. Atleast he seem happy to get another shot.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
More like he hasnt had a decent C since Scheifele. Suzuki, Dach >> Roslovic, Jenner. I`d also assume the 6 months away from hockey should have healed his body and mind. Well, we will see. Atleast he seem happy to get another shot.
It's also on Laine who has been playing a more well rounded game and trying to do more. Yeah it hasn't helped that he's been playing with less than ideal centers.

But at the end of the day, he's not scoring 40+ if he can't stay on the ice for more than 50-60 games.

He can be a 40-40 guy, but he's gotta play 80 games to hit it.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Good deal for Columbus. They got out from under his contract for basically a 3rd in value. Excellent work. Horrific for MTL.
Looks like someone still salty from that spanking in the playoffs.

rich guy with mental problems swapped out for a Harris, feel like i've heard this one before
Pretty sure you're going to like it more hearing that this Harris is extremely well spoken and Habs fans have jested that he'd make a great POTUS in the future.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I assume you havent watched him since his rookie-season?
Can't say I've seen enough of him to know, I'm going off what CBJ HF posters say, though they've lost credibility with recent events.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Well, maybe the biggest Laine fanboys fit nicely in the Habs fanbase, lmao.

Good trade for the Habs. nothing to lose here for them.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I am not a fan of the habs, current rebuild or fanbase so this hurts to say but this a great add. Of course with how toxic this very woke demographic here, most will shit on him, the Habs and somehow the leafs and nucks will get shit on too, lol.

In all seriousness, Laine has the pedigree to be the best player that team if they don't stick him with Dach.
Huh ? Wdym?
Dach is a beast and has been fantastic as a hab. Injuries are the only thing that has prevented him from taking the next step.

Reactions: Guess

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Or a huge 4L jug of water. Brought to you by Laine lol
Hughes going for the jugular, but Laine content just downing a jug.

fivamMP.gif

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Laine to NHL.com:

"I`m super excited to go back to Canada. I really wanted to go to Montreal. I know the city, how much they care about the team and how passionate the fans are. I don't want to come back as a 30-goal scorer. I want to come back as a 40- to 50-[goal scorer]. I've done that previously and it's not by accident"

Sounds pretty excited to me?Laine ‘super excited’ for new opportunity in Montreal | Montréal Canadiens
means nothing...his problem is upstairs in his head not in the stands

give this a very low % of working out

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
It's only for two seasons, and the Habs have the cap space for those two seasons.
Honestly it's not a big salary. Potential goal scorers don't earn pennies and two years is just two years. Best case scenario: he scores tons of goals and is worth more than his contract. Worst case scenario: he doesn't play well enough and Habs move on. Of course there are cheaper players like Nick Cousins available but you don't get more than 10 goals from those type of players.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Gotta look back and laugh at the Laine trade rumor thread. I was right when I said he had negative value.

This almost feels like a lose-lose trade unless Columbus has something lined up for the cap space they've opened up. Because otherwise they could've simply sat on him and not paid to unload him. For Montreal, a 2nd doesn't seem worth it to take on two years of his cap. And if Laine couldn't handle the pressure of playing in two of the smallest markets in the league, I'm not sure how moving to Montreal of all places solves that

I feel like Laine was kind of a dick to Columbus with the timing of his demands as he'd been an easy 1st + prospect at the TDL in 2 years if 50% retained unless he gets injured at the wrong time.

For MTL it's all upside. A 2nd for Harris is fair, and taking on Laine's contract for 2 years for whatever we can get at the TDL then for free is not a loss as we're not pressured by the cap at the moment.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I think offensively, the center he plays with in Montréal will be better than the ones he had in Columbus even if Dach would somehow play wing.

The best playmaker he had in Columbus was Voráček on the other wing, but something seemed not to work out there.

Feb 19, 2018
Laine’s not being brought in with huge expectations. Those are the players that the media in Montreal eats alive. He’s a project and the price we paid to acquire him reflects that.
Any player making $9 million towards the Cap has huge expectations, don’t kid yourself. In a Canadian market that’s just the expectation and look at Gallagher and Anderson for reference.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
means nothing...his problem is upstairs in his head not in the stands

give this a very low % of working out
how would you define “working out” in terms of Laine in MTL? What #’s would he have to hit for it to be considered successful?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
The best playmaker he had in Columbus was Voráček on the other wing, but something seemed not to work out there.
He had 0 chemistry with Voracek or Gaudreau. He needs a playmaking center and preferrable a big wing that digs the puck from the corners. Thats why it worked so well with Scheifele+Wheeler or in Finnish youth team with Aho+Puljujärvi. Suzuki+Slafkovsky would be the perfect option.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If he's a 25-30 goal scorer, 2nd PP unit winger, who is tolerable defensively, he'll be worth extending at a lower salary.

I'm hoping for a slower but smarter Gurianov.
He's no rookie and he's going to be as much as he wants to be.

One of the few players who has proven elite and mediocre in a span of a few seasons. So which version did we get? I'm hoping elite because he along with Demidov, he will make our top 7 pretty scary. Or not.

In a span of 6 weeks, we went from begging for more top 6 talent to potential multiple 40+ goal scorers.

We'll see...

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He had 0 chemistry with Voracek or Gaudreau. He needs a playmaking center and preferrable a big wing that digs the puck from the corners. Thats why it worked so well with Scheifele+Wheeler or in Finnish youth team with Aho+Puljujärvi. Suzuki+Slafkovsky would be the perfect option.
You hear that? It's CC crying...

If Dach stays healthy then CC and Newhook makes for a decent line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad