Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
7ma0ais3wmrd1.jpeg

Edit: Never mind, he sticks his leg out.
Par
7ma0ais3wmrd1.jpeg

Edit: Never mind, he sticks his leg out. Refs don't call it but xhekaj fed the guy his lunch in retaliation and somehow got a call.

Not even a fan of either of these teams but holy incompetence, batman
Incompetent reffing doesn't undo the injury. Pare is a minor league forward out of his element. It's time for the NHL to cap pre-season rosters. Eliminate these players in over their heads looking to make a name for themselves and get 'noticed'.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Is it possible to sue a player if you can prove intent to injure? I feel like that would be the best way to stop players from trying dirty stuff.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Par

Incompetent reffing doesn't undo the injury. Pare is a minor league forward out of his element. It's time for the NHL to cap pre-season rosters. Eliminate these players in over their heads looking to make a name for themselves and get 'noticed'.
Well-said; preseason games have devolved into a meaningless sideshow and blatant cash-grab by owners to the detriment of players and the game.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Ive said it so many times, Patty isn't injury prone. He's prone to getting himself in injury positions through no fault of his own. Dudes walking dangerous lumber.

Reactions: CBJx614

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ive said it so many times, Patty isn't injury prone. He's prone to getting himself in injury positions through no fault of his own. Dudes walking dangerous lumber.
That's not really fair to say on this one. A guy sticks his leg out to catch him. Laine had both guys beat on that play if not for that.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
That's not really fair to say on this one. A guy sticks his leg out to catch him. Laine had both guys beat on that play if not for that.
Again. Not saying its his fault. Ive seen him get rocked shooting on an empty net. He tore up his elbow going for a routine hit getting his arm in a position I've never seen an arm do on the ice. Just weird shit follows him.

Reactions: CBJx614

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Well-said; preseason games have devolved into a meaningless sideshow and blatant cash-grab by owners to the detriment of players and the game.
They can have 8 games if they want. That doesn't bother me. The players that are actually going to play in the NHL need to get in games. It's about the players that have no business being there that I take issue with.

What chances are there that Pare actually plays a game this year? Really. 23-man roster. 12 more guys with NHL contracts. That's it.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Hopefully it's not as bad as it's looks but yet again, Columbus fans warning Montreal fans about something, getting laughed at but it eventually becomes true. Maybe he comes back and figures it our but this is exactly what we watched for a few years

Reactions: squashmaple

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Ouch, that looks like it hurt. Hopefully he's alright, but this seems to be par for the course. It's almost as if he finds a new way to get hurt every year.
Garbage. That has nothing to do with him. Whoever took that cheap shot would be hurt.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it's looks but yet again, Columbus fans warning Montreal fans about something, getting laughed at but it eventually becomes true. Maybe he comes back and figures it our but this is exactly what we watched for a few years
NO one was positive he would stay healthy. It was a great move because it cost nothing.

It is more due to the NHL not giving a shit about the players.

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
He won’t play a single game with the Habs, I was a big fan of the trade though, it sucks

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Wut?

This isn't about being injury prone or questioning Laine's desire to play. He took a blatant knee on knee.

Reactions: SlafySZN

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Wut?

This isn't about being injury prone or questioning Laine's desire to play. He took a blatant knee on knee.
Which is exactly what CBJ fans have been saying this entire thread. It's not like he keeps getting hurt the same way, but he keeps finding ways to get hurt nonetheless.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Wut?

Yeah no shit, we all see it but again, this is the unfortunate situation that keeps following this guy year after year. All unrelated injuries but they keep happening

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Which is exactly what CBJ fans have been saying this entire thread. It's not like he keeps getting hurt the same way, but he keeps finding ways to get hurt nonetheless.

I'm so glad you are all here to "I told you so" on some mystical magic that makes Laine get hurt from career scrubs who stick a knee out.

Get real, this is gloating no matter how you all disguise it.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm so glad you are all here to "I told you so" on some mystical magic that makes Laine get hurt from career scrubs who stick a knee out.

Get real, this is gloating no matter how you all disguise it.
Yeah because from the moment the trade happened Montreal fans were gloating that they just stole a 40G scorer, but the entire time CBJ fans were saying to temper expectations because he can't stay on the ice long enough to put up 40.

Reactions: thebus88

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Yeah because from the moment the trade happened Montreal fans were gloating that they just stole a 40G scorer, but the entire time CBJ fans were saying to temper expectations because he can't stay on the ice long enough to put up 40.

I'm glad you can admit that you're gloating over a player getting injured on a dirty play, because you are angry at a handful of HFHabs posters.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm glad you can admit that you're gloating over a player getting injured on a dirty play, because you are angry at a handful of HFHabs posters.
When you watch Laine get hurt every season it starts to become an expectation. Nobody is surprised by this. It was like when the Jackets had Ryan Murray, nobody wanted him to get hurt, but we knew it was only a matter of time, be it 5 games or 30, it was only a matter of time.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I've rarely seen the red carpet of excuses get rolled out for a player more often than Laine. Sure it's another "freak injury" as his fan club would say, but at some point it's more than just a coincidence hes always hurt.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad