Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Hard to trust others when there is limited talent around you. Look at Gaudreau's point totals between the Flames and Blue Jackets.

I think Scheifele was the best center Laine has played with. Who's the 2nd best? Seems to be a massive drop to the quality.

I think MSL is going to work with him on the flaws or areas of improvement. When to take chances and when not to.

In terms of maturity/experience, he can grow in that area. Puck management areas
Yet he was more productive in Columbus. He had talent around him, he just tried to do it all. Injuries just constantly derailed him.

They owe us for this

10 times that darn cannon went off, surprised they did not run out of gun powder

I was there for that game :naughty:

We had gotten there late and just trying to get to our seats we heard it go off multiple times 😂

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
[MOD]

that Cryptopsy pfp is such a throwback :D
I know their guitarist/producer Christian Donaldson quite well, really cool dude.

But ya back to Laine, I honestly don't know how anyone can look at this and see anything negative from a Habs perspective but hey, it is HF where people would rather be emotional (Habs haters) than rational. It gets really exhausting tbh.

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He played 400 minutes with each of them 5v5, making them his most common linemates by far.

In that time he put up 4 goals and 10 points alongside them. or a points/60 of 1.5, good for 280th in the league that year

He produced well on the power play (which he will likely no longer be on thanks to the addition of Patrick Laine).

If Cotter is a 4th line forward what does it say that he produces better than kirby dach?

Are you somehow incapable of feeling embarrassment?

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
I know their guitarist/producer Christian Donaldson quite well, really cool dude.

But ya back to Laine, I honestly don't know how anyone can look at this and see anything negative from a Habs perspective but hey, it is HF where people would rather be emotional (Habs haters) than rational. It gets really exhausting tbh.
The metal scene in montreal is a such a small world, I've met a lot of great musician like Dan Mongrain, Dominic Lapointe back when I'd hang out at every shows and the cafe chaos 15 years ago. So many great death metal bands from here like Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy (lord worm era), Gorguts, Martyr to name a few.

Reactions: Favster

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Yet he was more productive in Columbus. He had talent around him, he just tried to do it all. Injuries just constantly derailed him.

People sell his Columbus linemates short, it's not like Gaudreau, Voracek, Jenner or Nyquist are/were not very good hockey players. The biggest difference by far comparing to his WPG years is the D-men, their top-4 pairings were Morrissey-Trouba (who was actually pretty good back then, especially in that pairing they complemented each other very well) and Byfuglien-Enström/Chiarot. Compare that to CBJ defense he played with in 21/22 & 22/23...

That said, the difference to WPG is Laine in his productive CBJ seasons had the best P/GP of the team and his individual points percentage was crazy high, practically anytime the Jackets scored with Laine on ice, he had a point on it. CBJ has not been an easy environment to produce in, look at what happened to Gaudreau's totals, or conversely what happened to Nyquist once he got to Nashville.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
The metal scene in montreal is a such a small world, I've met a lot of great musician like Dan Mongrain, Dominic Lapointe back when I'd hang out at every shows and the cafe chaos 15 years ago. So many great death metal bands from here like Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy (lord worm era), Gorguts, Martyr to name a few.
You might have seen my band play lol, must've played there like 20 times. I remember that crappy ''arghhhh'' beer too, man that stuff tasted like dog piss :laugh:

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
You might have seen my band play lol, must've played there like 20 times. I remember that crappy ''arghhhh'' beer too, man that stuff tasted like dog piss :laugh:
Wow I had completely forgot about that beer, for good reasons
Foufs was the best with the $1 buds on saturdays, while cafe chaos always smelled damp and bad to me, it was small too but I had a lot of fun, don't think I've many shows there thought as it was so small.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

I was there for that game :naughty:

We had gotten there late and just trying to get to our seats we heard it go off multiple times 😂
Huh?
his lowest points total with the Jets was 50 when he scored 30 goals. He hasn't scored 30 goals in a season since he left the Jets.
Even his ppg is higher with the Jets.
How was he more productive in Columbus?

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Huh?
his lowest points total with the Jets was 50 when he scored 30 goals. He hasn't scored 30 goals in a season since he left the Jets.
Even his ppg is higher with the Jets.
How was he more productive in Columbus?

Two of his best p/60 seasons were in Columbus in 21-22 (3.2 p/60) and 22-23 (3.0 p/60) where he had 109 points in 113 games. Second place was 17-18 in Winnipeg (3.1 p/60).

He was far from useless, let's put it that way. The talent is still there if St. Louis and Montreal can help him love hockey again.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This looks a lot like the Taylor Hall to NJ trade in how it plays out. Team trying to rebuild adds a prime wing. Has a couple of years left in his deal. Assume he bounces back and in thr last year of his deal MTL has a decision to make. Do they extend and pay him long term or do they ultimately accept he isn’t the fit they want? Smart move by MTL but maybe a bit premature.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Wow I had completely forgot about that beer, for good reasons
Foufs was the best with the $1 buds on saturdays, while cafe chaos always smelled damp and bad to me, it was small too but I had a lot of fun, don't think I've many shows there thought as it was so small.
5$ pitchers on Tuesday at Foufs was my go to in the early 2000's

Reactions: barbu and Lazytrout

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
He's 26. He's not going to develop anymore. He is a finished product.
Wrong.

Look at Martin St Louis, he kept on developing and only broke out at 27 in Tampa. The Habs philosophy is based on players developing over their whole career, they've specifically said that they will hammer it into the heads of the players that development doesn't stop in your early twenties (not saying it will happen to everyone, like Josh Anderson who isn't capable of adapting, but no reason to think Laine cannot develop his defensive game and consistency).

Keep with those outdated beliefs, and I'll keep to mine thanks. Not saying it's bound to happen, but no reason to outright reject it like that.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Two of his best p/60 seasons were in Columbus in 21-22 (3.2 p/60) and 22-23 (3.0 p/60) where he had 109 points in 113 games. Second place was 17-18 in Winnipeg (3.1 p/60).

He was far from useless, let's put it that way. The talent is still there if St. Louis and Montreal can help him love hockey again.
I didn't say he was useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad