Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Harris is a slightly bigger Jacob Bryson. I thought the Jackets would at least get back a prospect like Beck or Mesar or Heineman in the deal plus a body.

Instead they also throw in a 2nd for an undersized third pairing defender?

Woof.

Great flier for the Habs here.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
good trade overall for habs, if he flames out, he only has a few years left and will be leaving that contract by the time the rebuild is almsot done. If he succeeds, they got a guy with huge upside.

Reactions: The Don Hughes

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Holysh**.

+ a 2nd... For Harris?

He had negative value, obviously, no matter what Columbus fans were telling us.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Always knew Waddell was still a clown just like his days in Atlanta. Tulsky was pulling the strings in Carolina.
They didn’t retain and offloaded a player that needed to move on. Panthers added to Yandle, Connolly and Stralman to offload the contracts and that helped them to a Cup.

Granted we all thought Laine had more value, and I couldn't care less about Waddell, but I’m not so sure this is as bad as some are making it out to be. No retention is huge.

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The 2nd is just a little bit of gaping-blackhole-utter-suck-cap-destroyer insurance.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It seems like Columbus's ownership wanted a trade that would completely dump Laine's cap hit. I'm sure that Laine would've had some trade value if their organization was willing to retain 50%, but because ownership didn't want to do that, teams like the Canes stayed far away, their hands were tied, and they had to dump a 2nd to make the contract go away. Tough situation for Waddell and the new FO, but this was likely their only real choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad