Proposal: MTL & BOSTON

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I mean, our 2nd + 3rd might be pretty close/equal to Boston's first based on last year results. However with Swayman still unsigned and a very competitive eastern conference, there's no way Boston does this. Dvorak will need to play a lot better to have decent value, even at 50%. Otherwise he has the value of a 5th round pick right now at 50%.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If Hab fans would just try to put themselves in the shoes of boston fans, ask yourself if that was your team would you really want your GM trading for Dvorak. Not even the return forget about the 1st for a second, would you as a fan of a contending team really think he's the answer? A guy that's only played in 94 games over the last 2 years and makes almost 6M.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
If Hab fans would just try to put themselves in the shoes of boston fans, ask yourself if that was your team would you really want your GM trading for Dvorak. Not even the return forget about the 1st for a second, would you as a fan of a contending team really think he's the answer? A guy that's only played in 94 games over the last 2 years and makes almost 6M.
I don't see a fit for Boston, but the value isn't terrible given likely end of season standings.

I mean, our 2nd + 3rd might be pretty close/equal to Boston's first based on last year results. However with Swayman still unsigned and a very competitive eastern conference, there's no way Boston does this. Dvorak will need to play a lot better to have decent value, even at 50%. Otherwise he has the value of a 5th round pick right now at 50%.
Good point about Swayman.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't see a fit for Boston, but the value isn't terrible given likely end of season standings.

Good point about Swayman.

that's moving the goal posts though, as who knows what kind of season he will have after playing just 30 games last year, so that's kind of the point. Forget the value, for a second and say yes or no if you were a boston fan today would you want them to trade for Dvorak?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
that's moving the goal posts though, as who knows what kind of season he will have after playing just 30 games last year, so that's kind of the point. Forget the value, for a second and say yes or no if you were a boston fan today would you want them to trade for Dvorak?
Fans are terrible at rating players though. He could be a useful addition to plenty of teams, and depth at C is important. Boston fans don't see him filling a need, I see him going to a team like Chicago trying to build NHL caliber depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad