(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Wasn't the only Leaf to throw a knee in that game so sure seems like it.

See above.

I never said hurt, but hey, if it wasn't intentional or meant to cause harm, why would you be opposed to Habs players sticking their limbs out every which way with Matthews Marner Nylander etc. on the ice? What's good for the goose...
Lmao being intentionally obtuse or just how you normally are? “I didn’t say I want people injured…I just want to see them get hit knee on knee!”

Reactions: Rob Brown

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I don't get it. The league sets a precedent that players do not take justice in their own hands and then let this go.

Why? Because what happened to Laine was horrific? Because Laine is a big name? I'm not against that philosophy entirely as I do want the league to support stars more, but the league should know that now jumping players is now encouraged. Maybe they should be clear about when it's okay to jump someone with intent to injure and when it isn't
Don't forget "it was a hockey play" non-sense. I don't remember doing many drills where I would punch someone in the back of the head because I was mad. Must have missed that practice.

For the record, I will lose zero sleep over their decision but it does send a msg. Having a son playing high level hockey combined with far more education on concussions, I have completely changed my tune regarding these punches to the face. I loved it as much as anyone, but the damage even one wrong punch can do is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. And sadly it will explode one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Brown

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
"Give me evidence"

"This evidence is not good enough!"

The fact is, Xhekaj went after Reaves, and never the other way around. But keep believing the whole league is afraid of your skating liability.
If that's your evidence of supremacy go away. Side note, I am a leaf fan but I know Wifi. He is a really good guy. He was taking boxing lessons all last summer preparing for that fight. He had the Reaves game circled on his calendar once the schedule came out. Habs are lucky to have him because the rest of their team is really soft.

I will be at the Bell center opening night. Wonder if they took note of the Slafkovsky hair pull? Could be a new tactic amongst heavy weights.

Last edited:

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
If that's your evidence of supremacy go away. Side note, I am a leaf fan but I know Wifi. He is a really good guy. He was taking boxing lessons all last summer preparing for that fight. He had the Reaves game circled on his calendar once the schedule came out. Habs are lucky to have him because the rest of their team is really soft.

I will be at the Bell center opening night. See how it plays out.
I never at any point claimed that Xhekaj was a categorically better fighter than Reaves, or that that was even a good fight. It was simple proof that Xhekaj is not afraid of Reaves. The other guy just decided that’s not what the conversation was about anymore.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Can't believe there are people claiming that repeatedly punching an opponent in the back of the head is ok. Wow.
It’s only ok in some special instances. It’s the 24-25 version of an elbow/shoulder to the chin because the person throwing the hit is too big.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Wonder how they decided on that amount. 5K is max right? Wonder how many more punches to the back of the head he needed to for the full 5K? Must be a quota thing
Fines can’t be more than 50% of one days pay, with a max of 5k.
he got the 50%

Should get some tests done to assess for CTE: Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
He’s not dead, it can only be done post mortem.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Verdun, Montréal
lol I couldn’t give two shits about some Hab depth player beating on another Frenchie no namer in pre-season. Pare will never play a game as a Leaf.

The tears are coming from one fanbase and it’s been hilarious to watch.

All I'm reading is Leafs crying about X not having any suspension.

Bet your ass it's hilarious.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I am not sure what this 2nd time you are talking about but Pare should have gotten a kneeing penalty. But keep on cheering on for players to totally not get injured lmao
Should he have though?

someone explain to me what Laine is doing with his legs here. Why is he spread-eagle while trying to split 2 defending players? Pare's foot didn't move an inch. He would have to jump out of the way to avoid a collision with Laine's exposed and very vulnerable leg, which he probably wasn't even aware of as his eyes are tracking the upper body for a check.

Laine put himself in danger, and got an unlucky break. Feel bad for him, and also feel bad for Pare who is getting doxxed and threatened on social media for a play that wasn't even really his fault.

It's RIGHT HERE. Why are we still arguing about this? I know habs fans are emotional right now, but calling for intentionally injuring Leafs players and sending death threats is absolutely unhinged behavior

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Should he have though?

someone explain to me what Laine is doing with his legs here. Why is he spread-eagle while trying to split 2 defending players? Pare's foot didn't move an inch. He would have to jump out of the way to avoid a collision with Laine's exposed and very vulnerable leg, which he probably wasn't even aware of as his eyes are tracking the upper body for a check.

Laine put himself in danger, and got an unlucky break. Feel bad for him, and also feel bad for Pare who is getting doxxed and threatened on social media for a play that wasn't even really his fault.

It's RIGHT HERE. Why are we still arguing about this? I know habs fans are emotional right now, but calling for intentionally injuring Leafs players and sending death threats is absolutely unhinged behavior

It should have been a minor for kneeing I think.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
It should have been a minor for kneeing I think.
I wouldn't throw a fit over such a call, but Laine is inexplicably hanging his leg out and it's going to make contact with Pare whether or not he shifts his weight for what should be a perfectly legal body check. I can't see how he would have predicted Laine would be executing a tight zone entry between two players while half-way in the splits. It's just ridiculous.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Should he have though?

Agreed it was not intentional. But Pare still, even though an accident, seriously injured a Habs star on what could be seen as a questionable play. He needs to answer the bell for that. He refused to do that. That’s a problem around the league now. Too many players refuse to pay the price for trying to be a physical presence. If pare squared off and takes his beating from X like a man then this mess is in the rear view mirror.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Haven’t seen the jumping yet but looking at the knee on Laine, it’s a penalty but not malicious. Unfortunate result and if there were no injury it’s completely forgotten to history

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Leafs fans are so deluded. If this was Lucas Condotta throwing a knee out on Matthews or Marner you bet your ass you'd be up in arms and happy if Reaves retaliated as Xhekaj did. The hypocrisy is ludicrous.

Laine likely done for the season and maybe his career (missing two years consecutively).

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Leafs fans are so deluded. If this was Lucas Condotta throwing a knee out on Matthews or Marner you bet your ass you'd be up in arms and happy if Reaves retaliated as Xhekaj did. The hypocrisy is ludicrous.
Lots of neutral fans see this as a bad play but definitely not intentional. And did pare throw his knee out? Not really. He made a bad play and cause a serious injury. He should have fought though. That’s where this went bad.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Agreed it was not intentional. But Pare still, even though an accident, seriously injured a Habs star on what could be seen as a questionable play. He needs to answer the bell for that. He refused to do that. That’s a problem around the league now. Too many players refuse to pay the price for trying to be a physical presence. If pare squared off and takes his beating from X like a man then this mess is in the rear view mirror.
Meanwhile every non-leafs fanbase on hfboards were raising their pitchforks when Foligno started a fight with Perry after he knocked Tavares out of the playoffs with a knee to the head. Because it was "obviously an accident". I remember it well.

So many double standards for the Leafs, it's honestly just predictable and boring at this point.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Lots of neutral fans see this as a bad play but definitely not intentional. And did pare throw his knee out? Not really. He made a bad play and cause a serious injury. He should have fought though. That’s where this went bad.
He definitely sticks the knee out with the intent of stopping Laine's momentum. Perhaps not trying to injure him but the knee does flail out.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Meanwhile every non-leafs fanbase on hfboards were raising their pitchforks when Foligno started a fight with Perry after he knocked Tavares out of the playoffs with a knee to the head. Because it was "obviously an accident". I remember it well.

So many double standards for the Leafs, it's honestly just predictable and boring at this point.
Honestly to heck with the Leafs and the Habs. I hope they both have terrible seasons. But in this situation Pare made a bad play. The injury was not intentional. He should have squared off and took his beating like a man. We don’t have these threads if he fought instead of cowering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad