(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
fairly sure it was Foligno that fought Perry after Tavares injury and he squared up with him, something your boy failed to do.

it's because at that moment Xhekaj was nothing more than a coward
Interesting....

Perry had the stones to fight even thought it was an insanely obvious accident. Something your boy failed to do and his was intentional. Pare is the one who punked out

. Id be curious about your thoughts on current Leafs Matthews and Rielly and former Leafs Spezza. Are they cowards too?

Last edited:
Reactions: CTHabsfan

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Perry fought Nick Foligno. But they had a chat at the FO circle and squared off with an understanding which is about as gentlemanly as you can handle a situation like that.

Xhekaj was correct in knocking on Pare’s door to ask for a fight. Where he got it wrong was he got frustrated with Pare’s refusal and ended up attacking the guy with his gloves on.
So Cedric Pare carelessly (not intentionally) injures an NHL player, doesn't get called for a penalty, likely won't get suspended (wouldn't have mattered since he's not an NHL player), and refuses to fight, but Arber Xhekaj should have just let Pare off the hook with a good lecture? Sounds like something the pre-Xhekaj Canadiens would have done.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
So Cedric Pare carelessly (not intentionally) injures an NHL player, doesn't get called for a penalty, likely won't get suspended (wouldn't have mattered since he's not an NHL player), and refuses to fight, but Arber Xhekaj should have just let Pare off the hook with a good lecture? Sounds like something the pre-Xhekaj Canadiens would have done.
Pionk, Dahlin and Grieg weren't even given a chance to answer the bell when they were attacked....

But somehow Xhekaj is the coward....

Leaf fans are too much :laugh::laugh:

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
The league is inviting Montreal to do something really stupid when these two teams play next, and I can't say it would be undeserved on all sides.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Interesting....

Perry had the stones to fight even thought it was an insanely obvious accident. Something your boy failed to do and his was intentional. Pare is the one who punked out

. Id be curious about your thoughts on current Leafs Matthews and Rielly and former Leafs Spezza. Are they cowards too?
both were accidents, and Im not arguing that pare shouldn't have fought,
but Xhekaj should have squaed up with him over attacking from behind, see that's the diffference. Foligno squared up with him. not attack from behind like a coward.

what about Matthews, Rielly and Spezza? well scratch Rielly yes I think he's a coward for what he did to grieg. or atleast in that moment he was just like Xhekaj was in that moment. was as well.

drawing blanks on Mattthews and Spezza though

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Pionk, Dahlin and Grieg weren't even given a chance to answer the bell when they were attacked....

Don't forget Nemec who was jumped by Domi out of nowhere for nothing. He was praised by those leafs fans who have now their feelings hurt by Xhekaj

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
both were accidents, and Im not arguing that pare shouldn't have fought,
but Xhekaj should have squaed up with him over attacking from behind, see that's the diffference. Foligno squared up with him. not attack from behind like a coward.

what about Matthews, Rielly and Spezza? well scratch Rielly yes I think he's a coward for what he did to grieg. or atleast in that moment he was just like Xhekaj was in that moment. was as well.

drawing blanks on Mattthews and Spezza though
Spezza kneeing Pionk and got 6ish games I think and Matthews crosschecked Dahlin in the head/neck. Pretty sure he got a few also..... Must have been where Rielly got it from.....

Don't forget Nemec who was jumped by Domi out of nowhere for nothing. He was praised by those leafs fans who have now their feelings hurt by Xhekaj
I am sure there are many of those situations on all or most teams but its rich that Leafs fans are in here crying about Xhekaj when there are several examples of the same or even much worse from guys on The Leafs.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
The league is inviting Montreal to do something really stupid when these two teams play next, and I can't say it would be undeserved on all sides.

I don't really think they're inviting anything. A preseason minor leaguer accidentally injured a star player and was subsequently pummeled for it when he refused to engage. I'd say whatever beef the Leafs and Montreal show up with on opening night (Oct 9th) was likely already there. MSL doesn't really strike me as the kind of person to coach his team to goon it up, Berube might though.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Can’t really say what was running through Pare’s mind but Xhekaj didn’t even initiate a normal hockey fight. He just landed a series of gloves on rabbit punches and hauled a guy down when his invitation went unanswered. Don’t think that’s the retaliation Habs would even be looking for.

Reactions: Rob Brown

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

I don't really think they're inviting anything. A preseason minor leaguer accidentally injured a star player and was subsequently pummeled for it when he refused to engage. I'd say whatever beef the Leafs and Montreal show up with on opening night (Oct 9th) was likely already there. MSL doesn't really strike me as the kind of person to coach his team to goon it up, Berube might though.

I see it the other way around. The Leafs will try to go after Xhekaj and Reaves will try to earn his 1.35

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Seems pretty backwards and counter productive to do something to a Leafs player. If they really wanted to 'do something really stupid' they would be better off retaliating when Laval plays the Marlies.

I see it the other way around. The Leafs will try to go after Xhekaj and Reaves will try to earn his 1.35
Good chance the two of them would have fought anyway without all this.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

If the Leafs are the instigators, it's probably because Berube is just looking for an edge to tilt Montreal off their game on home ice. I doubt they give two shits about a guy who'll likely never play another game for them.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I don’t think Xhekaj is a coward but is responsible for his own escalatory actions and that’s why the league fined him. If the league is was interested in diffusing the situation between Leafs and Habs they’d suspend him for the opener, but now the door is open for more chaos… and there’s 20+ guys on both sides who could be hurt as a result. Probably don’t what we want sitting on opposite sides.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
lol I couldn’t give two shits about some Hab depth player beating on another Frenchie no namer in pre-season. Pare will never play a game as a Leaf.

The tears are coming from one fanbase and it’s been hilarious to watch.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Seems pretty backwards and counter productive to do something to a Leafs player. If they really wanted to 'do something really stupid' they would be better off retaliating when Laval plays the Marlies.

Not hardly, Laine is not an AHLer. If you don't want to get your comeuppance for targeting a top six forward with a dirty knee, your team shouldn't throw them in the first place.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Not hardly, Laine is not an AHLer. If you don't want to get your comeuppance for targeting a top six forward with a dirty knee, your team shouldn't throw them in the first place.
I don't believe I said that Laine was an AHLer, but rather that if you want revenge against the player that hurt him, that player will be playing in the AHL.

I love that people like you suggest that a) this was intentional and Laine was 'targeted' b) that the Leafs collectively decided that they should hurt Laine and the 'team' threw the hit instead of one player and c) a player completely unrelated to this incident that didn't even play in the same game should be hurt because of a) and b). Not to mention that Xhekaj already retaliated.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
I love that people like you suggest that a) this was intentional and Laine was 'targeted'

Wasn't the only Leaf to throw a knee in that game so sure seems like it.

b) that the Leafs collectively decided that they should hurt Laine and the 'team' threw the hit instead of one player and

See above.

c) a player completely unrelated to this incident that didn't even play in the same game should be hurt because of a) and b).

I never said hurt, but hey, if it wasn't intentional or meant to cause harm, why would you be opposed to Habs players sticking their limbs out every which way with Matthews Marner Nylander etc. on the ice? What's good for the goose...

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Wow, so much money, how can he afford this?
Wonder how they decided on that amount. 5K is max right? Wonder how many more punches to the back of the head he needed to for the full 5K? Must be a quota thing

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Xhekaj looked angrier at the refs than the Leafs. He pretty much had to respond to the incident, intentional or not, and he did his job. He clearly wasn't trying to hurt Pare. He could have done much more damage. I feel like the wheel of justice actually got this one right for a change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad