MrB1Ps top 50 drafted prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He fell out the first round for the same reason the only other 150 pounder fell out the first round. Hint: its because of size.

Hutson is the same case, tools all over but 150 lbs so he goes 62. Both are easily first round talent and Firkus is a much better shooter that adds a lot of deception to his shot with a great release.
You didn’t answer my any of my points. He has a lot of shortcomings. Do you just ignore them? Back checking? Playmaking? Turnovers? Consistency? Are those all 10’s? Hutson fell because size is important in a defenseman. Caufield is literally 5’7 and was weaker than Firkus but he still went as a lottery pick. It’s just not true. Firkus has flaws besides the strength and he definitely did not dominate the WHL.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I don't have the guts or the knowhow to post my own list, so props to you there..... but based on this list it is pretty apparent which teams you like and dislike.

Reactions: themelkman

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
40 Game cut-off, no age cut-off.

As usual, offensive impact is the main driver of my lists, bias on center, goalscoring, physical play. No goalies, that shits voodoo and not fun.
RankNamePositionTeam
1Owen PowerDBuffalo
2Shane WrightCSeattle
3Matthew BeniersCSeattle
4Simon NemecDNew Jersey
5David JiricekDColombus
6jack QuinnFBuffalo
7Mason MactavishCAnaheim
8Simon EdvinssonDDetroit
9Frank Nazar IIIFChicago
10Logan CooleyCArizona
11Kent JohnsonCColombus
12Juraj SlafkovskyFMontréal
13Lukas ReichelFChicago
14Luke HughesDNew Jersey
15JJ PeterkaFBuffalo
16Bobby BrinkFPhiladelphia
17Cole PerfettiFWinnipeg
18Wyatt JohnstonFDallas
19Alexander HoltzRWNew Jersey
20Marco RossiCMinnesota
21Pavel MintyukovDAnaheim
22Jonathan LekkerimakiFVancouver
23Matthew SavoieCBuffalo
24Jagger FirkusFSeattle
25Brandt ClarkeDLos Angeles
26Mavrik BourqueCDallas
27Jack DruryCCarolina
28Brennan OthmannLWNew York Rangers
29Dylan GuentherRWArizona
30Joakim KemmelRWNashville
31Denton MateychukDColombus
32Luke EvangelistaRWNashville
33Jake SandersonDOttawa
34Justin BarronDMontréal
35Alex TurcotteCLos Angeles
36William EklundCSan Jose
37Ville HeinolaDWinnipeg
38Kaiden GuhleDMontréal
39Pavel DorofeyevFVegas
40Jonathan BerggrenFDetroit
41Connor GeekieCArizona
42Nick RobertsonCToronto
43Sean FarrellFMontréal
44Samuel PoulinFPittsburgh
45Joshua RoyFMontréal
46David GustaffsonCWinnipeg
47Gleb TrikozovCCarolina
48Brendan BrissonCVegas
49Thomas BordeleauCSan José
50Aatu RatyCNew York Islanders

Mattias MacceliJordan SpenceIvan MorozovBrad LambertMattias HavelidMarco KasperNoah OstlundIvan MironischichenkoNils LundkvistRdiley GreigScott PerunovichVasily ponomaryovMattias MacceliLogan Stankoven

Previous lists: I skipped 2021 for... REASONS.
Where's Lane Hutson ?

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
It’s so funny when people bring up @Mrb1p list and his ranking of Seider.

You can place a bet on black at the roulette table and place a bet on 7. Just because it hits the red 7 doesn’t mean that black was a bad bet or that 7 was a good bet. People confuse chance of outcome with actual outcome.

If anyone knew what Seider would become he would’ve been drafted top two.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It’s so funny when people bring up @Mrb1p list and his ranking of Seider.

You can place a bet on black at the roulette table and place a bet on 7. Just because it hits the red 7 doesn’t mean that black was a bad bet or that 7 was a good bet. People confuse chance of outcome with actual outcome.

If anyone knew what Seider would become he would’ve been drafted top two.
Tbh its deserved on Seider. I had him ranked higher than most on draft day (10 I think) and somehow completely ignored his D+1, mostly because the bulk of AHL game I watch are Lavals, but also because I fall in love with players hard.

He was 25th on my 2020 list, the 8th D on my list, after his great season in the AHL. Shouldve been higher, but then again theres like two or three busts overall ahead of him, not too bad.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How you could have Luke Hughes outside the top 10 with the season he just had… blows my mind.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You didn’t answer my any of my points. He has a lot of shortcomings. Do you just ignore them? Back checking? Playmaking? Turnovers? Consistency? Are those all 10’s? Hutson fell because size is important in a defenseman. Caufield is literally 5’7 and was weaker than Firkus but he still went as a lottery pick. It’s just not true. Firkus has flaws besides the strength and he definitely did not dominate the WHL.
The only shortcomings he has are that of being a 150 lbs offensive minded player. Those things always sort themselves out.

Caufield had literal record breaking seasons and still went 15th. Not a good example, lol.

His production is very good for a player with his size, the dub is the toughes CHL league to score in, 1.22 as a u18 is actually pretty rare.

What I refer to as a player with no weaknesses is that hes a 10 all over on a skill level, and being 5'10 at 17 isn't scary at all to me. Worst case he doesnt grow and he adds a dozen pounds to his frame and hes still miles bigger than Gaudreau, best case he grows and he's 5'11? Theres no size drawbacks.

Also I think you underrate his defensive ability, I havent seen him get beat outright on reads, he obviously has limitations that stems from size and playstyle.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
The only shortcomings he has are that of being a 150 lbs offensive minded player. Those things always sort themselves out.

Caufield had literal record breaking seasons and still went 15th. Not a good example, lol.

His production is very good for a player with his size, the dub is the toughes CHL league to score in, 1.22 as a u18 is actually pretty rare.

What I refer to as a player with no weaknesses is that hes a 10 all over on a skill level, and being 5'10 at 17 isn't scary at all to me. Worst case he doesnt grow and he adds a dozen pounds to his frame and hes still miles bigger than Gaudreau, best case he grows and he's 5'11? Theres no size drawbacks.

Also I think you underrate his defensive ability, I havent seen him get beat outright on reads, he obviously has limitations that stems from size and playstyle.
He doesn’t have a 10 overall skill level and anyone who’s watched him play can tell you that. He’s got great skills but I’m not sure how serious you think a 10 is. Players like Patrick Kane, Jack Hughes, Connor McDavid possess 10/10 as an overall skill level. If Firkus had that, regardless of his size he’d put up 120 points in the WHL. Anyone can have their own opinion about potential but when it comes to facts he doesn’t have game breaking skill and has more flaws than just his strength. Caufield is a great example if you could understand what I was getting at. You said Firkus’ only flaw and category that’s not a 10 is his strength/build which can be said exactly the same as Caufield. If that was really the case why didn’t he go in the lottery like Caufield? His defense in a nutshell is fine but he’s a lazy backchecker and loses focus.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He doesn’t have a 10 overall skill level and anyone who’s watched him play can tell you that. He’s got great skills but I’m not sure how serious you think a 10 is. Players like Patrick Kane, Jack Hughes, Connor McDavid possess 10/10 as an overall skill level. If Firkus had that, regardless of his size he’d put up 120 points in the WHL. Anyone can have their own opinion about potential but when it comes to facts he doesn’t have game breaking skill and has more flaws than just his strength. Caufield is a great example if you could understand what I was getting at. You said Firkus’ only flaw and category that’s not a 10 is his strength/build which can be said exactly the same as Caufield. If that was really the case why didn’t he go in the lottery like Caufield? His defense in a nutshell is fine but he’s a lazy backchecker and loses focus.
Because while Firkus is a great goalscorer, hes not a near-generational goalscorer like Cole.

Another great example is Savoie, who barely outproduced Jagger and was drafted as a lottery pick. The difference between him and Jagger talent wise is negligible, Savoie gets the nod on skating.

You're using Mcdavid, Kane and Hughes as examples but these guys are literally 11s across the board. I dont think Firkus is among those, or Id have him 1st overall.

Maybe not you though, maybe youd have Kakko ahead of him 😇.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Because while Firkus is a great goalscorer, hes not a near-generational goalscorer like Cole.

Another great example is Savoie, who barely outproduced Jagger and was drafted as a lottery pick. The difference between him and Jagger talent wise is negligible, Savoie gets the nod on skating.

You're using Mcdavid, Kane and Hughes as examples but these guys are literally 11s across the board. I dont think Firkus is among those, or Id have him 1st overall.

Maybe not you though, maybe youd have Kakko ahead of him 😇.
Your points are just flawed. There's no such thing as an 11, you're just fudging your way out of saying something wrong. Savoie did not barely outproduce Jagger, and Savoie is superior in most of all offensive categories, not just skating. Not sure what you're referring to with Kakko there, doesn't help your points though.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Your points are just flawed. There's no such thing as an 11, you're just fudging your way out of saying something wrong. Savoie did not barely outproduce Jagger, and Savoie is superior in most of all offensive categories, not just skating. Not sure what you're referring to with Kakko there, doesn't help your points though.
Just a quick jab about your 2019 rankings buddy.

My points arent flawed. Youre using absolute exceptions to say Im wrong about Firkus being a player with elite offensive tools.

Savoie is very similar to Firkus in tools, Matt just has faster execution and is a better skater overall. I think that may make people overrate Savoies tool, but yeah? Savoies a better prospect than Firkus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad