MrB1Ps top 50 drafted prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Knies is good but theres a lot of players ahead of him right now. I dont see how he could rank above anyone here and I left a lot of people off the board that Id much rather have.
What specifically do you like about Ferrell to rank him (at minimum) 21 spots ahead of Knies?

Both had very similar seasons, while one produced in a much tougher conference and led his team to the Frozen 4 Championship Game.

Wordofmouth

May 16, 2022
I dont know if Id call it better than Hughes, but it was for sure impressive. At the end of the day, I want to see him produce more from a NHL standpoint, hes one of the best at keeping the puck in but I find he jumps in the play more often than he defers to his teammates, something you have to absolutely do in the NHL. Well, unles youre Makar, and shit Zellweger might be.

Best prospect pool in the NHL by far IMO.

Ostlund, Kulich, Lindgren and Neuchev are all personal favorites.
And no mention of Levy who, if I was Buffalo, I would not trade for many of those players.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What specifically do you like about Ferrell to rank him (at minimum) 21 spots ahead of Knies?

Both had very similar seasons, while one produced in a much tougher conference and led his team to the Frozen 4 Championship Game.
He wears the right colors ?

(Big-Ten is a better conference but it is not any harder to score than the other ones, teams have scored like 30 more goals each vs other conference.

What Farrell did in the OG/WC is insane too, could probably play right now.
Farrells defensive game should see him translate to AT LEAST bottom 6 duties.
The line between the 30th spot and 65ish is nearly non-existant. The difference between Kemmel #30, and Ostlund as a HF is a whopping 8 draft slots and Ostlund is someone that spent a majority of the year in my top 10... There's a lot of good prospect out there, more than usual. )

Looks decent to me. Few qualms. Glad to see someone else isn't enamored with Sanderson.

Its not that Im not enamored with Sanderson, I just think he lacks a bit of upside, not unlike Guhle. It's easy to rank both of them super high and tap yourself on your back when they become 35 points D's and a guy like Zellweger gets 100 points and youre like "Welp everyone had them ahead?". Im trying to rank them at the end of their careers, not in 2 or 3 years. I think that Sanderson being a top 50ish player in the NHL isn't exactly being "low" on him.

PPG dman in the WHL, playoff MVP and team Canada captain at the WJC... I think he created his own hype

Actually its "Just missed PPG at 20 while being a physical beast with 139 games of WHL experience".

Being a captain does nothing for me, who cares. What about him being a second pair D on the same team ?

It's a lot of the same as Sanderson. He's good, he's gonna be in the NHL, I question his upside. Its super easy to project these guys but its as bad if you have them too high.

Guhle is currently 38th on my list, that means he's around a #2 prospect for most teams, is that unfair ? I don't think so. I expect him to be a good #3, like Sanderson. That means theres gonna be at least 64 players better than him in the NHL, just for hi position.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Firkus wasn't even selected in the top-32 of his draft class but you have him at 24?

I love interesting gut calls like this. Out-of-the-mainstream opinions can be interesting, especially when well-reasoned.

But this is just a list. Where are the insights?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
As a Rangers fan, Othmann is like our 5th best prospect

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As a Rangers fan, Othmann is like our 5th best prospect
NYR voted him 3rd best, behind Schneider (43 games) and Kravtsov who I do have close. (Unsure if Krav or Nils is 2nd.)

I love interesting gut calls like this. Out-of-the-mainstream opinions can be interesting, especially when well-reasoned.

But this is just a list. Where are the insights?
Thats why Im here.

Firkus is one of the most skilled players Ive seen. Hes basically a 10 everywhere except size. His hands are as good as anyone and his shooting is just under the elite group. Hes super aggressive and uses his IQ in the same way Kucherov beats oponent.

Hes shown a lot of play style too. Plus dominating the dub as a 150 lbs W is 100% impressive.

Reactions: slumpy43

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sanderson and Luke Hughes that far down the list?
Id say they are top 10 maybe even top5
Hughes couldve been swapped with Edvinsson and people would say the same thing about him. Sanderson is overhyped because of Button and Ottawa reaching for him in the top 5. He's good but he doesnt have high end upside, I expect him to be a very good #3. That alone means theres gonna be at least 64 better players than him in the NHL at his position only.

The annual battle of recency vs the Montreal Canadiens.
The annual Ottawa fans meltdown :)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
NYR voted him 3rd best, behind Schneider (43 games) and Kravtsov who I do have close. (Unsure if Krav or Nils is 2nd.)

Thats why Im here.

Firkus is one of the most skilled players Ive seen. Hes basically a 10 everywhere except size. His hands are as good as anyone and his shooting is just under the elite group. Hes super aggressive and uses his IQ in the same way Kucherov beats oponent.

Hes shown a lot of play style too. Plus dominating the dub as a 150 lbs W is 100% impressive.
Sorry, I hate to be that guy but this analysis is just false. He’s definitely not a 10 everywhere except strength, in fact he’s not a 10 in any facet of his game. His shot is his best asset, not his hands which are definitely NOT as good as anyone. He has solid hands and a great shot. The strength is not his only flaw either. If a player existed like the one you described, he would go 1st overall no question. Strength is fixable or at least manageable. He’s fairly inconsistent on the offensive end, his playmaking leaves something to be desired because he’ll often try too hard to force a pass or overplay his hand and turn the puck over. Going back to the shot, it’s his best asset because he’s always finding holes and has that scoring knack where he can find an opening and finish. He’s a solid player but he’s no where near a top prospect and he fell outside the first round for that reason.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sorry, I hate to be that guy but this analysis is just false. He’s definitely not a 10 everywhere except strength, in fact he’s not a 10 in any facet of his game. His shot is his best asset, not his hands which are definitely NOT as good as anyone. He has solid hands and a great shot. The strength is not his only flaw either. If a player existed like the one you described, he would go 1st overall no question. Strength is fixable or at least manageable. He’s fairly inconsistent on the offensive end, his playmaking leaves something to be desired because he’ll often try too hard to force a pass or overplay his hand and turn the puck over. Going back to the shot, it’s his best asset because he’s always finding holes and has that scoring knack where he can find an opening and finish. He’s a solid player but he’s no where near a top prospect and he fell outside the first round for that reason.
He fell out the first round for the same reason the only other 150 pounder fell out the first round. Hint: its because of size.

Hutson is the same case, tools all over but 150 lbs so he goes 62. Both are easily first round talent and Firkus is a much better shooter that adds a lot of deception to his shot with a great release.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hughes couldve been swapped with Edvinsson and people would say the same thing about him. Sanderson is overhyped because of Button and Ottawa reaching for him in the top 5. He's good but he doesnt have high end upside, I expect him to be a very good #3.

Jake Sanderson in his rookie season had as good a rookie season as Power playing minimal PP time.

Jake Sanderson in his sophomore season produced better than Makar, McAvoy, Werenski, etc... the only other defender in the last 25 years to have a higher PPG was Fox... and that was in significantly easier division.

Fun note: Sanderson's calling card is his immaculate defensive game--likely the best outside the NHL.

And you're saying no high end upside? Lmao, all he has done is show high end upside.

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad