MrB1Ps top 50 drafted prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, that’s egregious. His D+1 was as impressive as Luke Hughes’ and it is very clear now he was only drafted as late as he was due to playing so few games that year.

Despite the complaints, thanks for posting your list @Mrb1p

At the end of the day, you know it will turn out better than the efforts of the HF hive mind on the NHL Polls sub-forum.
Hes a prospect that prob wont get the love he deserves until he shows he can do it at NHL lvl.

Reactions: Dominance

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yeah I don’t see what you see in Heinola and Robertson. I love Barron but maybe a tad too high.

Where Cale Addison? I guess Boldy made the 40 game cutoff. He and Jarvis were the best AHL prospects I’ve saw in 2020.

Sadly Turcotte has become the next Vilardi and Glass. Injuries have derailed him badly.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Brink? He shouldn't be in the top 50. Guenther should be in the top 10. Poulin should be somewhere around 70th.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah I don’t see what you see in Heinola and Robertson. I love Barron but maybe a tad too high.

Where Cale Addison? I guess Boldy made the 40 game cutoff. He and Jarvis were the best AHL prospects I’ve saw in 2020.

Sadly Turcotte has become the next Vilardi and Glass. Injuries have derailed him badly.

Heinola is one of the smartest D prospect Ive seen. He has trouble sticking because of his size and lack of physical tool but if he does hes gonna be a good one. Robertson is a surefire NHLer. Im a bit lower on both of them than I was on draft day but its still there for me.

Addisson was in the next 15 names on the list. Another one I felt bad leaving off, but I cant see who Id drop for him.

Jarvis was 7th on my list on draft day, love thay player.

2019 draftees are on their last legs for me, next year theyre dropping off the list.

Brink? He shouldn't be in the top 50. Guenther should be in the top 10. Poulin should be somewhere around 70th.
Yep, pretty sure Brink gets more point than Guenther over the next 3 years.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This definitely is a list, and it has 50 players.

Some of these rankings are pretty out there. And the inconsistency between this list and your NHL draft rankings is strange.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Making a list like this is a tough task. Good effort. I definitely don't agree with it but I'm sure most wouldn't agree with mine either.

Reactions: Static

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
According to the trade forum, Knies should be #1.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Did you consider #16 Bobby Brink's hip injury and possible surgery with this ranking?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Making a list like this is a tough task. Good effort. I definitely don't agree with it but I'm sure most wouldn't agree with mine either.

Making a list is actually one of the easiest tasks around. For example:

Top 10 numbers between 1 & 10
1) 7
2) 2
3) 5
4) 9
5) 3
6) 1
7) Tie: 4 & 8
9) 6
10) 10

It took me some time to make sure I had every number in there, and that there were no duplicates. I suspect it took about 1/5th of the work that this list did.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Heh you use to have lists with hotter takes but still always like those.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This definitely is a list, and it has 50 players.

Some of these rankings are pretty out there. And the inconsistency between this list and your NHL draft rankings is strange.
It has been adressed already, I changed my draft rankings, I felt bad having Mateychuk so low and suspected it was from bad viewings. The rest didnt really move.

According to the trade forum, Knies should be #1.
Knies is good but theres a lot of players ahead of him right now. I dont see how he could rank above anyone here and I left a lot of people off the board that Id much rather have.
Pelletier?
Pelletier was another one that I had trouble leaving off... That AHL production and his game should make him a player for sure.

Did you consider #16 Bobby Brink's hip injury and possible surgery with this ranking?
I made the list before I knew Brink had to have surgery, thats lame as f***. Shouldve known not to have Flyers on this list. At least its hips and Brink isnt too reliant on his full stride but rather his edges.

Heh you use to have lists with hotter takes but still always like those.

Ive grown old, Im not as feisty.

Sanderson seems low.
Don't get him started
Damn, are you Ottawa fans or hockey fans?

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Surprised to see Trikozov but not Scott Morrow. Morrow had a great year in the NCAA.

Drury is going to surprise a lot of people next year. He's the best Center on this list right now. As he should be at 22 years old, but his development has been very encouraging. Top player on the SHL champions directly to being a top player on the AHL champions. 24 points in 18 AHL Playoff games.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
It has been adressed already, I changed my draft rankings, I felt bad having Mateychuk so low and suspected it was from bad viewings. The rest didnt really move.

Knies is good but theres a lot of players ahead of him right now. I dont see how he could rank above anyone here and I left a lot of people off the board that Id much rather have.

Pelletier was another one that I had trouble leaving off... That AHL production and his game should make him a player for sure.

I made the list before I knew Brink had to have surgery, thats lame as f***. Shouldve known not to have Flyers on this list. At least its hips and Brink isnt too reliant on his full stride but rather his edges.

Ive grown old, Im not as feisty.

Damn, are you Ottawa fans or hockey fans?
You see like more of an Ottawa hater, considering you had the same perspective of Brady Tkachuk on your old list.

I'm a Buffalo fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad