MrB1Ps top 50 drafted prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
40 Game cut-off, no age cut-off.

As usual, offensive impact is the main driver of my lists, bias on center, goalscoring, physical play. No goalies, that shits voodoo and not fun.
RankNamePositionTeam
1Owen PowerDBuffalo
2Shane WrightCSeattle
3Matthew BeniersCSeattle
4Simon NemecDNew Jersey
5David JiricekDColombus
6jack QuinnFBuffalo
7Mason MactavishCAnaheim
8Simon EdvinssonDDetroit
9Frank Nazar IIIFChicago
10Logan CooleyCArizona
11Kent JohnsonCColombus
12Juraj SlafkovskyFMontréal
13Lukas ReichelFChicago
14Luke HughesDNew Jersey
15JJ PeterkaFBuffalo
16Bobby BrinkFPhiladelphia
17Cole PerfettiFWinnipeg
18Wyatt JohnstonFDallas
19Alexander HoltzRWNew Jersey
20Marco RossiCMinnesota
21Pavel MintyukovDAnaheim
22Jonathan LekkerimakiFVancouver
23Matthew SavoieCBuffalo
24Jagger FirkusFSeattle
25Brandt ClarkeDLos Angeles
26Mavrik BourqueCDallas
27Jack DruryCCarolina
28Brennan OthmannLWNew York Rangers
29Dylan GuentherRWArizona
30Joakim KemmelRWNashville
31Denton MateychukDColombus
32Luke EvangelistaRWNashville
33Jake SandersonDOttawa
34Justin BarronDMontréal
35Alex TurcotteCLos Angeles
36William EklundCSan Jose
37Ville HeinolaDWinnipeg
38Kaiden GuhleDMontréal
39Pavel DorofeyevFVegas
40Jonathan BerggrenFDetroit
41Connor GeekieCArizona
42Nick RobertsonCToronto
43Sean FarrellFMontréal
44Samuel PoulinFPittsburgh
45Joshua RoyFMontréal
46David GustaffsonCWinnipeg
47Gleb TrikozovCCarolina
48Brendan BrissonCVegas
49Thomas BordeleauCSan José
50Aatu RatyCNew York Islanders

Mattias MacceliJordan SpenceIvan MorozovBrad LambertMattias HavelidMarco KasperNoah OstlundIvan MironischichenkoNils LundkvistRdiley GreigScott PerunovichVasily ponomaryovMattias MacceliLogan Stankoven

Previous lists: I skipped 2021 for... REASONS.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Without commenting on the rankings itself...how do you expect people to have a conversation about the second half of your top-50 rankings? How are we supposed to compare them to the people ranked higher if we don't know who they are?

Reactions: Sting and Dominance

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So you had Mateychuk ranked #27 in the ranking in the other thread, and Kasper ranked #18.

But for this list Mateychuk comes in at #31 and then Kasper is not ranked????????

Explain how that makes any sense. Or if you have another ranking out there you ended up with for this last draft.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
No respect for record breaking dmen olen zellweger
Yeah, that’s egregious. His D+1 was as impressive as Luke Hughes’ and it is very clear now he was only drafted as late as he was due to playing so few games that year.

Despite the complaints, thanks for posting your list @Mrb1p

At the end of the day, you know it will turn out better than the efforts of the HF hive mind on the NHL Polls sub-forum.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So you had Mateychuk ranked #27 in the ranking in the other thread, and Kasper ranked #18.

But for this list Mateychuk comes in at #31 and then Kasper is not ranked????????

Explain how that makes any sense. Or if you have another ranking out there you ended up with for this last draft.

Yep, good catch. I changed my rankings slightly before the draft after watching more and more. Kasper didnt move, Mateychuk got up to 12.

No respect for record breaking dmen olen zellweger
Yeah its tough leaving him off. 😕 my guess is he ends up in the top 15 next year and I regret it.
CHL mvp Logan Stankoven doesn't crack the top 50?

Right there in the HMs, same as Zellweger. Sucks to leave him off. I did go off my rule book and ranked some lower ceiling guys ahead, I dont know why I guess Im getting old.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah, that’s egregious. His D+1 was as impressive as Luke Hughes’ and it is very clear now he was only drafted as late as he was due to playing so few games that year.

Despite the complaints, thanks for posting your list @Mrb1p

At the end of the day, you know it will turn out better than the efforts of the HF hive mind on the NHL Polls sub-forum.
I dont know if Id call it better than Hughes, but it was for sure impressive. At the end of the day, I want to see him produce more from a NHL standpoint, hes one of the best at keeping the puck in but I find he jumps in the play more often than he defers to his teammates, something you have to absolutely do in the NHL. Well, unles youre Makar, and shit Zellweger might be.

Buffalo with 4 in the top 23, not bad!
Best prospect pool in the NHL by far IMO.

Ostlund, Kulich, Lindgren and Neuchev are all personal favorites.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yep, good catch. I changed my rankings slightly before the draft after watching more and more. Kasper didnt move, Mateychuk got up to 12.

Yeah its tough leaving him off. 😕 my guess is he ends up in the top 15 next year and I regret it.

Right there in the HMs, same as Zellweger. Sucks to leave him off. I did go off my rule book and ranked some lower ceiling guys ahead, I dont know why I guess Im getting old.
Ok that makes a heck of a lot more sense.

I’d push back on Poulin over Kasper, but I didn’t even Kasper super high myself.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Firkus wasn't even selected in the top-32 of his draft class but you have him at 24
I had him top 10 this draft. 🤓
Ok that makes a heck of a lot more sense.

I’d push back on Poulin over Kasper, but I didn’t even Kasper super high myself.
I think Kasper and Poulin both have similarish ceilings of 2nd line or 3rd best forward on a first line, hes just closer and has a more unique skillset but it is 100% debatable.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
gustafsson as a top 50 prospect is certainly an interesting choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad