Proposal: Moving up a few spots in the draft

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I don't think it's remotely possible either (to keep 3)

I asked the question because the position someone took was confusing to me.re-read what I was replying to

I completely agree with your 2nd paragraph

I see now. Did you ninja edit at all, because I swear it only said "can I get to #2 without giving up #3?"

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
I'm not sure I understand your question.

It was poorly worded, sorry- I was wondering if the insight the scout gave on drafting a top center over a top defenseman, if their perceived value was the same, was dumber than your Regier-esque obsession over value and falling in love with our own prospects to the point where you wouldn't make the 3 1st's and Grigs trade for Eichel.

ZeroPT*

You disagree with the definition of "ceiling"... Lol
what do you think Eichel will end up as?
It was poorly worded, sorry- I was wondering if the insight the scout gave on drafting a top center over a top defenseman, if their perceived value was the same, was dumber than your Regier-esque obsession over value and falling in love with our own prospects to the point where you wouldn't make the 3 1st's and Grigs trade for Eichel.

Are you serious? Just because I wouldn't make one trade I'm obsessed with value? Were you around when the Fasching deal happened?

Seriously dude.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
what do you think Eichel will end up as?

Nice try. Don't change the topic

You already acknowledged that Eichel was on another level than Hanifin, but when labeling them with ceilings, you have them comparables (Suter/Getzlaf).

It was a weak move.

ZeroPT*

Nice try. Don't change the topic

You already acknowledged that Eichel was on another level than Hanifin, but when labeling them with ceilings, you have them comparables (Suter/Getzlaf).

It was a weak move.

I'm not trying to do anything. I think his ceiling is Getzlaf. What do you think it is

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'm not trying to do anything. I think his ceiling is Getzlaf. What do you think it is

If Eichel is "far and away" better than Hanifin like YOU said... Then your Suter ceiling to Getzlaf ceiling is a ******** move.

Correct yourself. Getzlaf is not "far and away" better than Suter. They are pretty damn equal. Some
Might even give the edge to the 39 min defensemen.

Until then, you're just making **** up, to make yor position seem stronger.

Dishonest

ZeroPT*

If Eichel is "far and away" better than Hanifin like YOU said... Then your Suter ceiling to Getzlaf ceiling is a ******** move.

Correct yourself.

Until then, you're just making **** up, to make yor position seem stronger.

Dishonest

You're being petty over the smallest thing but fine, I'll play along. Far and away is wrong, He's better and it's clear but it's not far and away.

Now answer the question.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You're being petty over the smallest thing but fine, I'll play along. Far and away is wrong, He's better and it's clear but it's not far and away.

Now answer the question.

Lol

So now because the flaw in your attempt to make them comparable has been exposed, you want to change the statement acknowledging the difference between them. Lol

Not interested in feeding your dishonesty any longer

ZeroPT*

Lol

So now because the flaw in your attempt to make them comparable has been exposed, you want to change the statement acknowledging the difference between them. Lol

Not interested in feeding your dishonesty any longer

You asked me to frickin correct myself

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Eichel's ceiling is higher than Getzlaf. His ceiling is a multiple Hart trophy player. Hanifan isn't in that company, and neither is Getzlaf.

Once you get Eichel (or McDavid), everything becomes easier to accomplish. Filling the roster is easier because he makes everyone better. Without that player, there is less room for error. That is why I would be willing to trade all of those assets for one of them.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You asked me to frickin correct myself

Yea, it was the Suter and GetLaf comparisons that needed correction.

Your proposed ceilings that made Eichel and Hanifin equals... And you did it (subconsciously or not) to make your position seem stronger

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Eichel's ceiling is higher than Getzlaf. His ceiling is a multiple Hart trophy player. Hanifan isn't in that company, and neither is Getzlaf.

Once you get Eichel (or McDavid), everything becomes easier to accomplish. Filling the roster is easier because he makes everyone better. Without that player, there is less room for error. That is why I would be willing to trade all of those assets for one of them.

It doesn't make everything easier (aside from scoring wingers)

ZeroPT*

Yea, it was the Suter and GetLaf comparisons that needed correction.

Your proposed ceilings that made Eichel and Hanifin equals... And you did it (subconsciously or not) to make your position seem stronger

Okay and what would have been better? What could I have done that wouldn't have been dishonest?
I'm not trying to bend this in any way to fit my narrative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad