OT: Movie Thread

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Q.: Have you seen Rob Zombie's "Halloween" entries, and if so, what's the verdict?

I haven't viewed "House of a Thousand Corpses." No plans to ✅ the " Saw" franchise.

I love pitch black humor & enjoy horror but have little use for gratuitous violence or cruelty as entertainiment.

On the other hand, an occasional sledgehammer trumps a scalpel,

Speaking of which,

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
As im watching Cobra with Sylester Stallone im reminded why as a fire arm owner I hate movies.

Dude had a sawed off shotgun with like 8 bullets

Like cmon 😂😂😂

And Cobra is ridiculous serial killer guy killing like 4 people in one night like hes michael

Oh lawd

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Question:

I like horror flicks, but don't enjoy meditations on human cruelty or absurdly gratuitous violence. Hence, I have never viewed the
"Saw" 🪚 franchise, etc.

What do you think of Rob Zombie's "House of a Thousand Corpses" and "Halloween" entries?

Further, I have not been able to bring myself to watch the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974), "Last House on the Left (1972), or "The Hills Have "Eyes" (1977).

Have you guys seen any or all of the above? You could probably throw "Straw Dogs" (1971) in there as well.

These films, however cheaply made, are of much greater cinematic significance than the Rob Zombie directed movies.

As with George Romero's original "Night of the Living Dead" (1968), director Toby Hooper's "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" apparently draws upon the American experience with racism and the effects of the Vietnam War.

That's not me talking. That's Romero and Hooper commenting on their work.

What do you think?

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Question:

I like horror flicks, but don't enjoy meditations on human cruelty or absurdly gratuitous violence. Hence, I have never viewed the
"Saw" 🪚 franchise, etc.

What do you think of Rob Zombie's "House of a Thousand Corpses" and "Halloween" entries?

Further, I have not been able to bring myself to watch the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974), "Last House on the Left (1972), or "The Hills Have "Eyes" (1977).

Have you guys seen any or all of the above? You could probably throw "Straw Dogs" (1971) in there as well.

These films, however cheaply made, are of much greater cinematic significance than the Rob Zombie directed movies.

As with George Romero's original "Night of the Living Dead" (1968), director Toby Hooper's "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" apparently draws upon the American experience with racism and the effects of the Vietnam War.

That's not me talking. That's Romero and Hooper commenting on their work.

What do you think?

Texas Chainsaw was creepy. Prob would pass. Never watched Saw for the reason you didn't. Rob Zombie's Halloween was ok but the worst of the all the Halloweens. It was too violent Had a terrible rape scene as well. Pass

The original Halloweens were classic. I even liked 4 and H20 was good.

Here's a list for scary movies this season,

Pro horror movie watchers.... Hell House LLC, Autopsy of Jane Doe, Host (short but great), Terrified (Argentina). Sinister, Conjuring 1 and 2, Insidious....Haunting of Hill House (great series).

Great ghost story I just watched Oddity. Very good.

The new Salems Lot was fun. Worth the watch. The First Omen was pretty cool as well.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I watched MaXXXine last night, the third movie in the XXX trilogy.

I still think XXX was the best of the three but the other two are still strong and worth a watch. 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Caught Megalopolis

Weird ass movie. Ambitious, occasionally fun, but not all that good I think? Who knows maybe in 50 years ppl will look back and think it’s a masterpiece.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Caught Megalopolis

Weird ass movie. Ambitious, occasionally fun, but not all that good I think? Who knows maybe in 50 years ppl will look back and think it’s a masterpiece.

I wrote this like I was in the middle of a fever dream because that's how the movie made me feel. A crazy piece of art that might totally suck but is never boring.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I wrote this like I was in the middle of a fever dream because that's how the movie made me feel. A crazy piece of art that might totally suck but is never boring.
Yeah I felt like I drank a bottle of robitussin. Definitely not boring, I could see it becoming a cult classic tbh…there isn’t anything that I’ve ever seen quite like it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad