OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Yes

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room"

"Sir, you can't let him in here. He'll see everything. He'll see the big board!"

"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Reactions: GordonHowe

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
I grew up reading Marvel comics, especially Spiderman. With few exceptions (like Spiderman 2), I have little use for the "M.C.U." Most of it is, imho, crap.

FWIW on a mid August day,

I liked many of the early MCU movies better than any of the Spiderman movies, but the MCU has gone dowhill quite a bit for me.

Starting from Iron man on for 2-3 years, I loved almost everything. By the Avengers, I was 'entertained' but not as much as the hype said I should have been. In the past 2-3 years, we have hardly even seen any of the new marvel movies and the ones we did see (Thor love and Thunder) to me were awful.

Once things have run their course, I tend to move on. I don't want to see 'the next' movie in a series simply out of a sense of obligation because of how much time I put in to what came before them.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's a masterpiece and Peter Sellers should have won three Oscars for it.

Not to mention Slim Pickens in his 2nd best role ever.

Yes

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room"
“Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.”

Reactions: EverettMike

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Yoooo who knew DeNiro was so jacked (pictured here with Scorsese on the set of Cape Fear)

IMG_1419.jpeg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Re-watched Short Term 12 today.

Should of won an Oscar. Brilliant performances. Hits me deep personally. If you haven't seen it before, I highly recommend it.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Streaming somewhere?
Amazon Prime!

Also Peacock. But I'm not sure the equivalent of that in Canada. I guess Google and see what's available to you up north! Genuinely one of my favorite movies. I guess maybe because I can relate to certain aspects of it. But the story and acting is truly...phenomenal.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Anyone wanna jump on this opportunity?

It has to be available somewhere in Canada for you to watch it.

Here's the trailer if you want an idea of what it's about. But there's a lot not in the trailer for good reason. I know people seem to hate on Brie Larson, but this is her best role to date and she and the movie should of been nominated for an Oscar. Truly.

Let me know if you need help further. I can probably try to find it ...in other ways. Lol

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
It has to be available somewhere in Canada for you to watch it.

Here's the trailer if you want an idea of what it's about. But there's a lot not in the trailer for good reason. I know people seem to hate on Brie Larson, but this is her best role to date and she and the movie should of been nominated for an Oscar. Truly.

Let me know if you need help further. I can probably try to find it ...in other ways. Lol

Oh it is, we have prime here. I just meant there was a Canadian joke to be made there lol

• Haha
Reactions: Mione134

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I watched the Netflix documentary You Shall Not Grow Old by Peter Jackson. The stories and footage were amazing.

If you're into war docs and hearing from the boots on the ground what they thought about war, this should be a must watch for you. 9/10

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ladies and gentlemen, George C. Scott.

Patton was a favorite of NIxon's.

Patton came out in 1970.

Seeing it as an 18 year-old during a time of a very unpopular war, it was like a completely different movie from what I saw some 30 years later.

But weather Patton was seen as hero or villain, Scott was absolutely brilliant in the part.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Patton came out in 1970.

Seeing it as an 18 year-old during a time of a very unpopular war, it was like a completely different movie from what I saw some 30 years later.

But weather Patton was seen as hero or villain, Scott was absolutely brilliant in the part.
It's an all-time great performance. Absolute death-grip of the viewer's attention.

When I worked at the video store, I put this on the store's TV screens one night in the closing hours and there were customers who came in and ended up sitting on the floor to watch it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad