OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This whole scene is pure genius with Sellers.
From the slide rule bit
to "Mein Furhrer"
but I especially love the way he says the animals will be "slaughtered".

My father loved Peter Sellers. Nobody made him laugh harder.

It's a bomb! Were you expecting one?

:laugh:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Saw Blue Beetle because my 14-year old wanted to see it.

Knew nothing about it heading in... hadn't seen a trailer and hadn't read any reviews.

It's not going to win Best Picture at next year's Oscars, but I was pleasantly surprised. Nice way to spend a couple of hours with my daughter. 7/10.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Fail Safe is criminally underrated

President Kennedy had read the novel Seven Days in May shortly after its publication and believed that the scenario could actually occur in the United States. According to director John Frankenheimer, the project received encouragement and assistance from Kennedy through White House press secretary Pierre Salinger, who conveyed to Frankenheimer Kennedy's wish that the film be produced. In spite of Defense Department opposition, Kennedy arranged to visit the Kennedy Compound in Hyannis Port for a weekend when the film needed to shoot outside the White House.[6]

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

President Kennedy had read the novel Seven Days in May shortly after its publication and believed that the scenario could actually occur in the United States. According to director John Frankenheimer, the project received encouragement and assistance from Kennedy through White House press secretary Pierre Salinger, who conveyed to Frankenheimer Kennedy's wish that the film be produced. In spite of Defense Department opposition, Kennedy arranged to visit the Kennedy Compound in Hyannis Port for a weekend when the film needed to shoot outside the White House.[6]

Another great film.

The underrated Edmund O'Brien was great as the southern Senator.

It seemed to get a big revival around the end of 2016.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015

John Frankenheimer often gets overlooked when discussing great directors that helped bring “New Hollywood” along but Birdman of Alcatraz, Manchurian Candidate, Seven Days in May, The Train and Seconds is a seriously great run for any filmmaker and a few of those titles ended up being very influential as cinema entered a new era.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
John Frankenheimer often gets overlooked when discussing great directors that helped bring “New Hollywood” along but Birdman of Alcatraz, Manchurian Candidate, Seven Days in May, The Train and Seconds is a seriously great run for any filmmaker and a few of those titles ended up being very influential as cinema entered a new era.
He also did the sequel to the French Connection which (while very different than the original film) was absolutely crushing. One of Hackman's greatest performances and I say that as an admirer of his work.

Supremely difficult film to make a sequel from, but I loved it.

EDIT: Speaking of which, has no one mentioned the passing of the great William Friedkin?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Seconds (1966) is an interesting nightmare,

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i might have posted this previously. but Clear History with larry david and john hamm. friggin hilarious and underrated movie.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Meg 2 sucked ass but then again after like 10 minutes I lost any interest and it was merely background to what I was doing. But lmao at one part Jason Statham is being chased by sharks and some dudes shooting at him.

Ridiculousness…..

Tried to watch the new Star Wars trilogy again but after getting midway of the second I lost interest. They dropped the ball with FINN.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
watched The Whale yesterday, wonderful and powerful performances by so many in it, so happy for Brendan Fraser, have to love an underdog story

I greatly appreciated it, too. Even had a tear in my eye at the end. Very well cast.

Not a flick to pass the time.

Meg 2 sucked ass but then again after like 10 minutes I lost any interest and it was merely background to what I was doing. But lmao at one part Jason Statham is being chased by sharks and some dudes shooting at him.

Ridiculousness…..

Tried to watch the new Star Wars trilogy again but after getting midway of the second I lost interest. They dropped the ball with FINN.

I got off the Star Wars train in 1977. Saw it in the theater and I'm good.

The "franchise" reminds of nothing so much as the Marvel business. No thanks.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We just watched Rumble, The Indians Who Rocked the World, on Netflix. It is excellent and I learned a lot. Worth watching and timely with Robbie Robertson passing recently. I love documentaries on music.

Babajingo

I greatly appreciated it, too. Even had a tear in my eye at the end. Very well cast.

Not a flick to pass the time.

I got off the Star Wars train in 1977. Saw it in the theater and I'm good.

The "franchise" reminds of nothing so much as the Marvel business. No thanks.
When I was a kid (long time ago) I was a Marvel kid (hated DC). Tobey McGuire spidey was real good and then they overkilled it. Then Iron Man came out and I loved it (even though I wasn't a comic fan of him). I wont even mention the X-Men/Fantastic 4 movies :(
Everything after has been horrible. Its a shame cause they just could've done a movie every few years but they've overkilled it.

Oh and no one should watch the War of the Worlds attempt on Hulu. One of the worse movies I've seen in a long time.

Reactions: GordonHowe

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
documentary but found myself watching the Unauthorized story of American Gladiators, pretty fun watch, during it`s time I watched precisely 0 minutes of the show but am finding this doc pretty good, it`s on Netfilx if anyone interested

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad