GDT: Movember 3rd - Flames @ Blackhawks [5:30pm on Sportsnet West]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
i dont dislike any team... i dislike players tho

and i only cheer for the flames

i like the leafs and capitals tho (leafs cause i wore the same number as Sundin when i was a kid, and caps cause Brenden Witt was one of my favorite players along with Kolzig that was back in 2002 though so im kinda phasing them out)

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Fantastic game, Berra was an absolute game changer. Let's hope he didn't pull a Bachmann and keeps it up because he looks absolutely amazing.

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
Hate: Oilers, Canadians. Oilers obvious reasons now Canadians I hate majority of their fan base especially all the fools on NHL.com they all go around thinking they're the greatest people and using the "we have the most cups" excuse every time.

Like/hate: Toronto, Vancouver. I think a lot of their fan base is a bunch of fools but I generally don't mind the team and at least their fans are pretty loyal. Now Vancouver can be a annoying team and horrible fan base (lol burn down city) but I like the players they have and I really like any team with Torts.

Neutral: Ottawa and Jets.

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
Now a team that I really like almost as much as the Flames in some ways is the Tampa Bay Lightning (Odd choice huh?) well it's mostly because I was born in Tampa and lived their for quite awhile though I became a Flames fan for 1. My Dad grew up in Calgary so fell into it 2. Iggy and Kipper.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
This was me after Russell scored. Complete with the stickiness.

drpepperbro.gif

And as an added bonus, I put my vCash on the Flames. I figured they're overdue for a win some time and tonight just felt right.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Price should be brought to Calgary or Edmonton. The guy's a cowboy and even drives a truck in Montreal. :laugh:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Best game for a Flame goalie in almost 2 years. Backlund was a beast on that 5v3. Colborne had another good game. GlenX has really woken up. That shot by Russell was ridiculous.

All in all and awesome game.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I hate the: Canucks, Oilers, Canadiens
Neutral: Jets, Maple Leafs:
I like the: Flames, Senators

Of course i'm a Flames fan all the way, and the Flames are by far my favourite team, the Sens are probably the only other team I like.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Also, my least favourite Flame Chris Butler had one assist, over 26min and looked solid. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

It seems to me like since Giordano went down Russell and Butler have stepped it up the most, and Brodie not nearly as much. But I thought Brodie was better tonight.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I am neutral to all Canadian teams except Edmonton. I am Neutral towards the Sens, Canadiens, and Leafs because where I live Toronto is a four hour drive, Ottawa a 3.5 hour drive and 40 mins drive from the border of Quebec. Vancouver is alright in my books, but when we play them I forget about them.

Aug 3, 2010
Can't wait for our collective vCash dollars to roll in after tonight!

Fake drinks on me!

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I can't believe we got Kris Russell for a freaking 5th round pick. This guy is such a stud, he just needed an opportunity. His skating is quick, his passes are crisp, his positioning is solid, and despite his size, he battles hard along the boards. This guy has a lot of bite to his came and his overall decision-making is phenomenal. 8 points in 14 games, a team leading +5, and 23 minutes a night of excellent hockey. With Gio's injury and our weak defensive prospect pool, we needed someone to step up. With Russell, it doesn't seem like this is a streak as it has with other players (Colborne, Backlund, Bartschi). It seems like genuine progression into a better player. When Giordano comes back, I'll actually feel confident that we have four top-four defenders. And he's only 26, so he has the potential to be part of the solution in the short, medium, and long term. Kudos to Feaster and his scouting staff.

Also a big congrats to Reto Berra for the best goaltending performance this year for the Flames. I was a little skeptical given his average performance in the AHL, but he competed hard tonight. His glove hand was terrific and his rebound control wasn't too bad considering the quality of some of the shots (and to be fair, plenty of shots were deflected into the corner).

Baertschi is... struggling. I was pretty upset when Hartley benched him but he hasn't shown much since coming back. He's not creating much and worse, he's turning the puck over. It's a process and it'll take time, but this team needs more from Baertschi. There are lots of good wing prospects in our system (Hanowski and Reinhart are playing wing in Abby plus Gaudreau, Poirier, and Agostino turn pro next year), and while I still have the highest hopes for Baertschi, he just needs to bring more because there are other guys chomping ta the bits to take his spot.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If I'm watching a game with a Canadian team and another team, the teams I will cheer for include all Eastern teams and Winnipeg, and the teams I will cheer against are Edmonton and Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad