Speculation: Most likely team to trade before season starts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
For MTL it all depends on if Sergachev makes the team, if so - Beaulieu/Emelin will be moved imo.

IF he does, someone has to be moved.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The kings hopefully will make a move or 2 before the season opens. They have drew mcnabb muzzin martinez on the opening day roster. gravel gilbert and tortman greene forbort and sucedri fighting for 3 spots Not including possible surprises from a rookie in camp
We also have extra forwards as our lineup will look something like
brown kopitar gaborik
pearson carter toffoli
purcell dowd lewis
clifford shore andreoff
*extras nolan king latta
not to mention kempe mersch are pushing for a roster spot A upgrade at 3 c could be addressed Altho i see us trying for picks as we need to start getting more propects.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Still would love to see Cam Fowler come home to Detroit.

Detroit Red Wings Cam Fowler

Anaheim Ducks either Tatar+Detroit's 2017 2nd round pick or Tatar+Jurco.

With both Kronwall and Ericsson hurting Holland needs to be on the phone and try and make a deal to upgrade the D, Rather it be Fowler or Shattenkirk we need to do something here.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007

With both Kronwall and Ericsson hurting Holland needs to be on the phone and try and make a deal to upgrade the D, Rather it be Fowler or Shattenkirk we need to do something here.
I have a feeling fowler will be in det.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs. corrado,holland,greening,michalek, lupul among others could be moved.

Soshnikov,Hyman, Carrick probably earned a spot at the end of the season. a couple moves need to be made to make room

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

If they did, any idea what wings will do to stay under cap when everyone returns?
Just curious bc I know even with Vitale and Franzen on LTIR they're just under the cap.
So something like Fowler for Tatar + and they'll need to clear another $1.5M or so in cap space?
Unless one of Ericsson/Kronwall is injured truly long-term

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
leafs. corrado,holland,greening,michalek, lupul among others could be moved.

Soshnikov,Hyman, Carrick probably earned a spot at the end of the season. a couple moves need to be made to make room

I read a report yesterday that Lupul failed his physical and will probably start the season on IR.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If they did, any idea what wings will do to stay under cap when everyone returns?
Just curious bc I know even with Vitale and Franzen on LTIR they're just under the cap.
So something like Fowler for Tatar + and they'll need to clear another $1.5M or so in cap space?
Unless one of Ericsson/Kronwall is injured truly long-term

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me, If one of Kronwall or Ericsson do eventually spend some time on LTIR if not both. Kronwall with his bad knee pretty much said that he might not be ready for the start of the season. He pretty much should know in about 2 weeks and with Ericsson's bad hips and it's not getting any better. I expect both to spend time on the LTIR there's just no way around it. Wish Ericsson would just retire and save us $4.25 million for the next 4 years and Kronwall can go on LTIR for the next 3 years or so.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
For MTL it all depends on if Sergachev makes the team, if so - Beaulieu/Emelin will be moved imo.

IF he does, someone has to be moved.

Moving Emelin is not going to be easy before the season starts.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me, If one of Kronwall or Ericsson do eventually spend some time on LTIR if not both. Kronwall with his bad knee pretty much said that he might not be ready for the start of the season. He pretty much should know in about 2 weeks and with Ericsson's bad hips and it's not getting any better. I expect both to spend time on the LTIR there's just no way around it. Wish Ericsson would just retire and save us $4.25 million for the next 4 years and Kronwall can go on LTIR for the next 3 years or so.

Man, I didn't know Ericsson was in such bad shape.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Leafs because we have to many players

Wouldn't shock me to see another Grabner type deal where we deal a few contracts for 1

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yak should be moved BUT the OIL won't do it, Oilers still think Yak is a 30-40 goal 1st overall prospect. They refuse to believe what their own eyes see and what ALL other gm's say. SO they won't trade him and then watch him get less then 10 goals AGAIN. Someone over there in oil land needs to get fired.

At this point there is no reason to trade him because he will net so little in return. As long as he doesn't disrupt the dressing room, EDM might as well keep him around. A gamble that costs EDM a second rounder...big deal.

Alex Mills

Tampa Bay.

Kucherov still not signed and...

I think Filpulla is a candidate to be traded.

With Wisniewski in camp, it’s possible that Garrison could be the first to go. Speculation has swirled around Bishop all summer, but they may opt to keep him for one more run.

Filppula will be the toughest to move. If he’s unwilling to go or they’re unable to find a taker before the expansion draft, his NMC may force them to buy him out next summer. Anaheim and Winnipeg could face the same fate with Bieksa and Enstrom.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
With Wisniewski in camp, it’s possible that Garrison could be the first to go. Speculation has swirled around Bishop all summer, but they may opt to keep him for one more run.

Filppula will be the toughest to move. If he’s unwilling to go or they’re unable to find a taker before the expansion draft, his NMC may force them to buy him out next summer. Anaheim and Winnipeg could face the same fate with Bieksa and Enstrom.

cant see garrison waiving his no movement clause.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think the Bruins move Spooner + for a defenseman that's been rumored to be on the move. Which one? I don't know.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
JVR (50% retained - 2.125M) for Fowler + 2017 2nd (From Andersen trade)

- JVR and Fowler are probably a wash value wise. The 2nd buys 50% retention on JVR in order to help with the Ducks cap squeeze. This move could open up room to sign Hampus Lindholm.

Gardiner + Dermott + 2017 2nd for Trouba (Sign at 5.5Mx8Yrs)

- The Fowler move loads the Leafs up on the left side. Making Gardiner and Dermott expendable for a RH upgrade. If Trouba continues to hold out, dealing him for a cheaper LHD of a similar talent level, with some extras may be their best play.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
E. Kane for Wideman + Hickey + 2nd + a 1st(if Kane has 40/50% retention)
:laugh: so the Flames get to dump Wideman(5.25m) for Kane(2.8m) I dislike E.Kane but a mid 1st and 2nd plus a C level prospect doesn't come close

At this point there is no reason to trade him because he will net so little in return. As long as he doesn't disrupt the dressing room, EDM might as well keep him around. A gamble that costs EDM a second rounder...big deal.
Someone posted a few photos from his Instagram on HFOil and it looks like he's enjoying his time with his teammates. He never came off as a bad teammate but I get what you're saying

Alex Mills

cant see garrison waiving his no movement clause.

Garrison had a NTC when he signed with Vancouver, but it may have been voided when he waived it to go to Tampa:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/no_trade_list.html

Coburn also had a NTC when he re-signed with Philly, and waived it to go to Tampa. NTCs are waived more often than NMCs, and once they’re waived, their conditions are sometimes modified or voided depending on the contract terms.

With Hedman, Stralman and Coburn all locked up long-term with a combined cap hit of over $16 million starting next year, Garrison could be more open to move sooner if he knows he won’t be protected in expansion or extended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad