Speculation: Most likely team to trade before season starts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Yak should be moved BUT the OIL won't do it, Oilers still think Yak is a 30-40 goal 1st overall prospect. They refuse to believe what their own eyes see and what ALL other gm's say. SO they won't trade him and then watch him get less then 10 goals AGAIN. Someone over there in oil land needs to get fired.

Mad Brills*

Leafs are moving a waiver eligible body.

Could be hunwick, could be holland.

too many bodies, and rather get a 5th instead of losing them for nothing.

member 157595

Anaheim and Vancouver I see interested in making some deals.

I would say Habs. They went after Dadonov and Shipacyov. They are taking calls on Bealieu. MB was probably told by Moulson if he doesnt win the cup hes gone...

Whatever Molson is smoking, college students would fight for it. :laugh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm strongly of the opinion that we leafs need JVR a hell of a lot more than we need Fowler.

I'm strongly of the opinion that 24 year old top pairing D (yes, Fowler would be top pair here) are a Hell of alot harder to come by then wingers. I like JVR, but i'm willing to give up 10-15 points of production from him (PAP scored 20 goals last season...) to solidify our top pair. Leivo may be a 40-50 point winger...if not, those are not hard to find.

It's just my beleaf of building from the net out.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I would think that Toronto needs JVR far more then Fowler, Seeing that the Leafs are pretty well set on the left side. Don't really see how losing JVR and gaining Fowler upgrades the Leafs all that much.

Easy, Rielly plays on the right. A Rielly/Fowler pairing is a big upgrade over Reilly/Hunwick-Marincin....no?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If Kronwall is still hurt heading into the season, I think we'll see Tatar or Nyquist jettisoned for a defenseman.

Even if both Kronwall and Ericsson were totally healthy and they're not. I would tend to think that Detroit could still use a major upgrade on D that's our achilles heal right now. It wouldn't shock me to see both Kronwall and Ericsson spending some time on LTIR this season. But still i bet Holland would just add Ouellet and call it a day. I'm not confident that Holland will make a trade to upgrade the D.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Anyone have a mid 20s aged winger who :

1.) Loves to drive to the net
2.) has Character and sticks up for his team mates
3.) Hits hard and punishes other teams' players

Regardless of how much he scores or doesn't score, we'll probably throw in a second and a good prospect for him :sarcasm:

Evander Kane? Remember, you didn't specify good or bad character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad