Speculation: Most likely team to trade before season starts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Yak should be moved BUT the OIL won't do it, Oilers still think Yak is a 30-40 goal 1st overall prospect. They refuse to believe what their own eyes see and what ALL other gm's say. SO they won't trade him and then watch him get less then 10 goals AGAIN. Someone over there in oil land needs to get fired.
Well here's a big ol' pile of BS.
Back this crap up and post links to all the GM's calling out Yakupov or even a recent post calling Yak a 30-40 goal scorer. You can't so run along

http://oilogger.com/yakupov/2016/09/12/double-standards-and-nail-yakupov/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Well here's a big ol' pile of BS.
Back this crap up and post links to all the GM's calling out Yakupov or even a recent post calling Yak a 30-40 goal scorer. You can't so run along

http://oilogger.com/yakupov/2016/09/12/double-standards-and-nail-yakupov/

Good link . I been saying this all summer . I just did not have the numbers or the time to break them down and post them . It is pass most people bedtime in the east . I am not saying this to be smart . People have to get up for work so they really don't see Yak play . They look at the stat line and conclude he a bust . Glad there some numbers to back this up

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
Hawks are poised to move one of TVR, Pokka or Gustafsson. Would hope that they could turn one (in a package) into a middle six/bottom six with potential cost controlled forward.

NYR: Fast
Boston: Spooner
Toronto: Kapanen
Detroit: ??

Who else needs D?

With respect to the OP, this move could easily happen in season - so, I wouldn't bet on the Hawks without nice odds. Too many other teams seem that much more poised to make moves now(ish)

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I keep hearing whispers of Calgary looking for defenseman.

I don't see how you can do that without sending off Wideman, Smid or Engellend though.

I would love to see all three of them gone. I'll accept one of them gone and Smid on LTIR though.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'm strongly of the opinion that 24 year old top pairing D (yes, Fowler would be top pair here) are a Hell of alot harder to come by then wingers. I like JVR, but i'm willing to give up 10-15 points of production from him (PAP scored 20 goals last season...) to solidify our top pair. Leivo may be a 40-50 point winger...if not, those are not hard to find.

It's just my beleaf of building from the net out.

Fowler just isn't the right target for the leafs. We have more than enough offensive defenseman and prospects.

This season we have Rielly, Gardiner and Carrick as offensive defenseman. Fowler is the last thing we need.

JVR is important as a building block to give Matthews a legit top pairing winger to jumpstart his career.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Anyone have a mid 20s aged winger who :

1.) Loves to drive to the net
2.) has Character and sticks up for his team mates
3.) Hits hard and punishes other teams' players

Regardless of how much he scores or doesn't score, we'll probably throw in a second and a good prospect for him :sarcasm:

Micheal Ferland, perhaps you've heard of him ?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yak should be moved BUT the OIL won't do it, Oilers still think Yak is a 30-40 goal 1st overall prospect. They refuse to believe what their own eyes see and what ALL other gm's say. SO they won't trade him and then watch him get less then 10 goals AGAIN. Someone over there in oil land needs to get fired.

Yes, Chia needs to be fired because he didn't trade Yak for a 3rd or 4th :shakehead
Where do some of you people come up with this rubbish?

Anyway, my guess is Anaheim. Something has to shake loose there one would think.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Back it up with actual proof. No one one in oiler land had suggested anythimg like that. . We just don't want to give him away at this point in time. Right we would be happy with a 3rd for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Yeah Canucks do need a top 6 LW very bad or a top 9 LW at the very least.

and apparently if someone turns injuries off in nhl17 for us we 'could' make the playoffs. so with that in mind.

I'd like Benning to target one of:
Hartnell
Comeau
Kulemin
Abdelkader
Bailey
Pulkinen

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK

Regardless of how much he scores or doesn't score, we'll probably throw in a second and a good prospect for him :sarcasm:

Winnipeg might have something for you if you have a mid 20s left d that can move a puck and decent corsi

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Kings have two. Nolan and Clifford.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

So Yakupov is horrible and everyone else but the Oilers management knows it, therefore he should be traded... to folks who know that he's horrible. And they would do this because...?

Seriously. Even if one buys into your initial premise of Yakupov being inevitably doomed (bit premature) or the Oilers thinking he's an imminent superstar (don't be absurd) your reasoning just doesn't make much sense.

Roughly6Owls

Dec 11, 2015
From Calgary's perspective, I could see Wideman or Engelland going to a team that wanted to solidfy their bottom pair with a right handed defenseman with either offensive ability or physicality and leadership. If we do end up needing to clear salary for Gaudreau, I think a trade like this is something that almost has to happen.

Neither player is particularly valuable, but neither is completely useless.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Anaheim.
RFAs Lindholm and Rakell still need to be signed and an internal cap add up to a trade....Definitely.

FOWLER for a 1st/2nd line LW
and/or
DESPRES/STONER + a sweetener (young D and/or a pick) for a salary dump with a pick/cheap player coming baCK

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wish it was the Wild, but I think Fletcher is standing pat till the TDL. Makes no bloody sense to me, but ...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Leafs are moving a waiver eligible body.

Could be hunwick, could be holland.

too many bodies, and rather get a 5th instead of losing them for nothing.

There will be better players that hit the waiver wire than those two. Don't see anybody paying any price for them. In fact I think they clear, so probably not a big deal.

Which is a part of this. Virtually every franchise has fans in here saying they have too many forwards. Beginning of the year it is actually pretty easy to get guys through waivers. It is in season once the injuries start that this gets tougher along with better tape and pro scouting at that point. But tons of guys make it through waivers right now and the glut of Leafs forwards or Detroit forwards are likely to pass through waivers. Heck a decent amount of us assume the Wings will waive quite a few guys to do the LTIR dance just like Philly and Boston used to do.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
I think the Habs will make a move before the season opener they could make a move for a upgrade on D or they may be looking for a 2nd line LW if they dont think the kids are ready

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad