Speculation: Most likely team to trade before season starts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Since we see all these proposals on the board, as it is a trade board, after all. I've been curious to see which team most fans see as most likely to make a trade before the regular season.

My guess: Anaheim

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Vancouver.

Benning has said they'd like a top 6 LW to ease the pressure off Baertschi and that mixed in with the fact they(management) believe they can be a playoffs team. He also missed out on Hudler.

He's also been talking to teams since Free Agency and hasn't gotten anywhere with teams, but they want our young guys like Horvat, Boeser and Virtanen etc.

Something may give in negotiations and I'd guess it will be Benning.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
My guess is Detroit: They have 13 forwards on 1-way deals, another 3 who are on 2-way deals but could well make the Wings (Larkin, Athanasiou, Mantha) and another on a PTO (Cleary). There were rumors early in the summer that they were looking to move a forward to improve their defence but they never came to fruition. I wonder about something around Wideman, personally, but that's just me spitballing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My guess is Detroit: They have 13 forwards on 1-way deals, another 3 who are on 2-way deals but could well make the Wings (Larkin, Athanasiou, Mantha) and another on a PTO (Cleary). There were rumors early in the summer that they were looking to move a forward to improve their defence but they never came to fruition. I wonder about something around Wideman, personally, but that's just me spitballing.

Well Holland was originally targeting September in early talks. But lately it has been a this is our team kind of deal with them. I think they believe the prices are just too rich for their blood right now.

Most of the Wings fan-base is pretty livid over that being the direction they seem to be leaning in terms of no move on the back-end. Hard to understand to be honest Tatar/Nyquist seem like pretty good trade chips to have.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I would say Habs. They went after Dadonov and Shipacyov. They are taking calls on Bealieu. MB was probably told by Moulson if he doesnt win the cup hes gone...

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Flames lack forward depth. If Tkachuk and Shinkaruk dont earn spots the Flames could really use a second line LW.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Since we see all these proposals on the board, as it is a trade board, after all. I've been curious to see which team most fans see as most likely to make a trade before the regular season.

My guess: Anaheim

Habs or the Canucks. Both can't get out of their own ways....

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Tampa Bay.

Kucherov still not signed and...

The Lightning’s current cap number is around $6.2 million. The Lightning also need to sign defenseman Nikita Nesterov and add an extra forward.

I think Filpulla is a candidate to be traded.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'll say Anaheim. They have ridiculous defensive youth, very suspect offensive youth, and a budget that they're poised to blow by if they haven't already.

I'm guessing the hold up is just gamesmanship. They know they hold a gold mine with all their skilled young D and are waiting for someone to pony up their skilled young forwards, plus more, to complete a move.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
Even with Grabovski to LTIR, the isles are at 13 forwards + a 14th in Barzal who almost made the team out of camp last year. Wouldn't shock me to see a forward moved during camp.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Tampa Bay.

Kucherov still not signed and...

I think Filpulla is a candidate to be traded.
Filpulla will be a tough trade. First the matter of a NMC. Second the matter that any team would be forced to protect him in the upcoming draft.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Could be the Leafs. They have too many forwards and defensemen right now.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
I would say Habs. They went after Dadonov and Shipacyov. They are taking calls on Bealieu. MB was probably told by Moulson if he doesnt win the cup hes gone...

:laugh::laugh: best reasoning yet LOL...

- Vancouver's been hounding for a trade all summer.

You'd think Shattenkirk, Fowler, Kane, JVR, Trouba, Dumba, a few Detroit forwards dealt and a Tampa Bay cap clearing move would have been done by now.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a move from the Leafs. Just too many forwards right now and not all of them can be sent down. I don't see anything significant happening but a move seems inevitable before the season starts.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
i could see the avs making a move after the new coach gets to see what he's working with.

After them I'd pick NJD because Shero loves to wheel and deal. Tampa is 3rd because I'm sure they'd love to have the Kucherov situtation done. Wild card is the blues, armstrong has seemed reluctant to make a big time move but they have the pieces and the needs to really do something dramatic.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Anyone have a mid 20s aged winger who :

1.) Loves to drive to the net
2.) has Character and sticks up for his team mates
3.) Hits hard and punishes other teams' players

Regardless of how much he scores or doesn't score, we'll probably throw in a second and a good prospect for him :sarcasm:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
There's s few teams that will likely need to make trades to free up salaries for RFAs
Anaheim (Folwer?) for Lindholm
Buffalo (Franson?) for Ristolainen
Calgary (Wideman?) (potentially) for Gaudreau

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Anaheim and Tampa Bay don't have enough cap space to sign their RFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad