Speculation: Morgan Rielly (Reporting to Marlies march 20th!) 2nd Star in Debut

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snizzbone*

When Gunnarson or Liles are moved, Rielly could be up here as soon as Moose Jaw are gone, he may get a game or 2 with the Marlies, but I see him getting the call over Gardiner.

Gunnarsson won't be moved.. Rielly will not get the call over Gardiner..

Apr 1, 2010

Totally agree. Rielly might replace Gards on the Marlies. But he won't be bumped ahead of him to teh LEafs.

I hope somethign happens so Gards can come up soon.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Totally agree. Rielly might replace Gards on the Marlies. But he won't be bumped ahead of him to teh LEafs.

Something did happen it is called Hozler should not be playing top line minutes.

Leafs For Life*

Honestly can we deal Komisarek, Kostka, and Liles? Get a 1st with all.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

He's a RFA and has been playing for dirt cheap the past 2 years, he's in for a big raise. I can see him being moved, we have a tonne of contracts that are being re-upped.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

You 2 guys remember me if Rielly does get the call before Gardiner, but if Liles or Gunnar are moved Gardiner will be up before the Moose Jaw season is over. Some said Rielly was better than Gardiner was at training camp.

Apr 1, 2010
You 2 guys remember me if Rielly does get the call before Gardiner, but if Liles or Gunnar are moved Gardiner will be up before the Moose Jaw season is over. Some said Rielly was better than Gardiner was at training camp.

Was Gardiner even at camp? :huh:

Apr 1, 2010
Gardiner was actually slated by some to make the opener in Montreal on Saturday night, RC said if Gardiner was ready he could be in the line up, I recall this pretty clearly.

Except Gards was still seeing starrs from his hit behind hte net while on the Marlies.

He never was at camp. So how can anyone say Rielly was better than him AT camp?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Except Gards was still seeing starrs from his hit behind hte net while on the Marlies.

Ok, I checked just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating here it is.

He was at camp:

ttp://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/01/15/toronto_maple_leafs_training_camp_will_jake_gardiner_be_ready_for_montreal.html

Apr 1, 2010
Ok, I checked just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating here it is.

He was at camp:

ttp://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/01/15/toronto_maple_leafs_training_camp_will_jake_gardiner_be_ready_for_montreal.html

Thanks for the link.;)

Even if he skated for a few days he was never going to play.

EDIT: HE skated for the first time in a month 4 days before the start of the season. C'mon man. That don't count.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
It would be pretty silly to call rielly to the leafs, just save him for next year, Gardiner is a somewhat similar player only much more developed.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario

and then the team started winning and the need for Gardiner wasn't great.

He came back, hes playing well in the AHL right now, just leave him be if the team is winning and let Nonis spin some deals for picks and we will be good going into the playoffs/draft.

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Selfishly I'd like to see Rielly get a few games minimum this year. Give him something to work from in the offseason. He's the kind of player that changes the look of your team immediately.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Would be nice to see Rielly get some NHL time, but I fully expect him to spend the rest of the year with the Marlies. That will be a good experience for him.

Let him play some time in the AHL and see where he is at camp next season. With all that talent, no need to rush it.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Idk if he'll play for the leafs this season but he'll be here next season. Will probably get a few games with the marlies

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Percy had played 4. I checked. My brother and Percy's parents are friends. Smart player Percy. Has a great hockey IQ.

This is Percy's 4th season, which means that last season would've been impossible for it to be his 4th. And no, you don't need to play 4 years of Jr to play in the AHL if your Jr teams season is over.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for the link.;)

Even if he skated for a few days he was never going to play.

EDIT: HE skated for the first time in a month 4 days before the start of the season. C'mon man. That don't count.

Why bother arguing with a guy who thinks Galchenyuk is a bad prospect?

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Four years of junior or be 20 years of age. Look it up for cripes sake!

And they would be Pejorative Slured to have him play in the NHL against some of the men they have here, as this NHL season is winding down. A great way to get a kid killed!

You need 4 years of junior or to be 20 years old to play in the AHL during the junior season.

The actual transfer agreement says any player with less then 4 years of junior hockey and under 20 MUST be offered to the junior club that holds their rights before they can play in the AHL, so if for some reason Moose Jaw ok'd it he could play with the Marlies now but it'd be up to them.

Once their season is over however he is free to play in the AHL untill the junior season starts up again in the fall then he must be a Leaf or a Warrior.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Id love Rielly to get a few NHL games too, just to see how he matches up... Like what Kadri did his first year... but i understand our blue line is crowded...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad