Proposal: Montreal offer for Rick Nash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
BREAKING NEWS:

This just in......Rick Nash STILL lists all Canadian teams in his no trade clause.
Story at 11:00!

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Would rather hold onto Nash. He's only got 2 years left and the forward depth he gives us can make real matchup problems, giving the team 4 lines to run that can score. Plus, if he's not scoring, he's usually creating offense and playing very good defense.

Unless they're getting a good defenseman for him back, I'd rather hold onto him.

GUY 10

May 26, 2016
TN, USA
Could we just close this thread please?
It's been said many times that Nash has included all the Canadian teams in his NTC. Let's face it, guys, HE DOESN"T WANT O COME !!
Also, MTL does not ave the cap space for him. They have several youngsters that are NHL ready and will put up a good fight for the 2 LW spot.

enough said, please put this one to bed.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
With the Rangers adding Pirri and Vesey it seems they have a surplus of forwards, plus they have been rumoured for a while to be shopping Nash around. Since they have a pretty complete line-up even without Nash, I will assume that the Rangers would be incline to accept a picks/prospects type of deal, and save some cap space for in-season dealings.

Now as a Habs fan I would be willing to pay a fairly high price for Nash, even given his 7.8M cap hit. For this to happen though, Montreal would likely need to ditch Desharnais and Emelin (yes, both). There might be suitors around the league, but it may not be realistic to think that Bergevin could pull it off. Unless the NYR take on one of them in the Nash deal, which could make sense. So yes in instance this deal is a pretty long shot, but I still wanna put it out there.

My offer:

-MTL 1st round pick 2017 (not lottery protected)
-Your choice of Martin Reway or Arturri Lehkonen
-Your choice of Sven Andrighetto or Daniel Carr
-Possibly one of Desharnais/Emelin

Comments?

Wow are you really a Habs fan? This deal is pretty bad for the Habs. You must really like you some Nash cause that's an overpayment for sure.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
How about you keep Nash as WE don't want him.

Not only that, but the OP was by a Habs fan.

You think any Rangers fan would trade Nash for the garbage you offer? Guy isn't a cap dump. The fact that you try to put Desharnais in the same boat as him shows you know nothing about Nash.

Stick to Montreal, seeing that your lack of knowledge outside of your own city is apparent.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Simple as this. Montreal is actually a good landing spot for him though.

Agree Montreal would be a great spot for him, But unfortunately it doesn't sound like he's willing to waive for them.

Why do you guys say this? Montreal has a long story of inconsistent forwards (Eller, Bourque, Cammalleri, Kostitsyn) and we got rid of all of them because of that. What Montreal needs more of is forwards like Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Carr who give their 100% every shift. Also the Habs have 1.4M of cap space at the moment and need to sign Galchenyuk to a long term contract next year so I'm not sure how he would fit.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
why would The Habs want to help the Rangers out of their cap troubles again?

Unless The Rangers are taking The Habs garbage in return, big time pass.....

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
How about you keep Nash as WE don't want him.

You do understand that Montreal fans are the ones who keep bringing up these silly proposals for Nash not the other way around....so there is that.

Rangers fans know he has a NTC to all Canadian teams and we don't want Emelin, DD or whatever scrap or cap dump you would offer for Nash.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
why would The Habs want to help the Rangers out of their cap troubles again?

Unless The Rangers are taking The Habs garbage in return, big time pass.....

The Rangers aren't in cap trouble this season. In fact, they have more cap space than 7 other teams with 25 players signed, as much or more than every other team in the league. Once they make their camp cuts, they'll be about middle of the pack in payroll.

Nash is signed for two more seasons. His possession numbers were still beastly despite being injured and snakebitten last season. Ranger fans wouldn't be looking to get rid of him if he was a couple years younger. The fact of the matter is that most of us expect to take a step back for a couple years, get younger, and reload. Nash doesn't fit that time line. He'll be at least 35 by the time we're ready to compete again.

With all that being said, our GM has made it known that he's not going to take pennies on the dollar for Nash. A deal isn't going to happen just to get rid of him. If it takes until the trade deadline and Nash having a bounce back season, I expect Gorton to wait. He's shown nothing but patience thus far. If it doesn't work out, oh well. Having Nash on the roster for the next two seasons is much better than taking back a terrible contract.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
You do understand that Montreal fans are the ones who keep bringing up these silly proposals for Nash not the other way around....so there is that.

Rangers fans know he has a NTC to all Canadian teams and we don't want Emelin, DD or whatever scrap or cap dump you would offer for Nash.

Well the only way the Habs would even consider taking Nash is for the Rangers to take
Emelin, DD and whatever scrap or cap dump we seem fit to offer you and yes you would have to take retention on that terrible contract of his or like i said keep him.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Well the only way the Habs would even consider taking Nash is for the Rangers to take
Emelin, DD and whatever scrap or cap dump we seem fit to offer you and yes you would have to take retention on that terrible contract of his or like i said keep him.

The only way YOU would consider it maybe......some other Habs fans seem to want it as this proposal implies.......but of course that is irrelevant if he has a NMC that prevents it.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
The only way YOU would consider it maybe......some other Habs fans seem to want it as this proposal implies.......but of course that is irrelevant if he has a NMC that prevents it.

You mean the other 2 or 3 Hab fans.Most of us Hab fans want nothing to do with Nash and his contract. We're quite happy that he has a NMC especially to any Canadian team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad