Proposal: Montreal offer for Rick Nash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Ok... this is like the 3rd Nash proposal on the first page. Can a mod just merge them all? I get it, nyr want to see what value they can get for nash; other fans say not as much as NY wants, NY crap on the proposal, other teams fans crap on nash- rinse repeat. Just merge it all into one all encompassing bash thread. For giggles though, I'd give a b prospect and a 1st for him.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Most likely one of the more realistic offers on this board, inb4 the "he's a worthless cap dump" brigade show up.

Just a downright terrible offer for the Habs .
If the Rangers are willing to eat 50% of his contract than come back and we will talk otherwise keep your cap dump.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
and again, Nash has a no trade clause to all Canadian teams, so no matter what the proposal, no matter how it would be for either team involved, it just ain't gonna happen.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Really don't think you'll see Nash returning more than Kessel... From Montreal I'd do Emelin + Ghetto + conditional 2nd (based on either Nash or team's performance)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
With the Rangers adding Pirri and Vesey it seems they have a surplus of forwards, plus they have been rumoured for a while to be shopping Nash around. Since they have a pretty complete line-up even without Nash, I will assume that the Rangers would be incline to accept a picks/prospects type of deal, and save some cap space for in-season dealings.

Now as a Habs fan I would be willing to pay a fairly high price for Nash, even given his 7.8M cap hit. For this to happen though, Montreal would likely need to ditch Desharnais and Emelin (yes, both). There might be suitors around the league, but it may not be realistic to think that Bergevin could pull it off. Unless the NYR take on one of them in the Nash deal, which could make sense. So yes in instance this deal is a pretty long shot, but I still wanna put it out there.

My offer:

-MTL 1st round pick 2017 (not lottery protected)
-Your choice of Martin Reway or Arturri Lehkonen
-Your choice of Sven Andrighetto or Daniel Carr
-Possibly one of Desharnais/Emelin

Comments?

That's not bad value wise at all.

I'll take the 1st, and Reway.

I'll take a contract, or two no problem. One like Desharnais, another like Redmond/Pateryn.

Juulsen.

I'll throw in Fast, and a good pro prospect. Tambo, Fogarty (think Paul Gaustad). With Nash.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
That's not bad value wise at all.

I'll take the 1st, and Reway.

I'll take a contract, or two no problem. One like Desharnais, another like Redmond/Pateryn.

Juulsen.

I'll throw in Fast, and a good pro prospect. Tambo, Fogarty (think Paul Gaustad). With Nash.

not happening. just keep nash

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
outch

With the Rangers adding Pirri and Vesey it seems they have a surplus of forwards, plus they have been rumoured for a while to be shopping Nash around. Since they have a pretty complete line-up even without Nash, I will assume that the Rangers would be incline to accept a picks/prospects type of deal, and save some cap space for in-season dealings.

Now as a Habs fan I would be willing to pay a fairly high price for Nash, even given his 7.8M cap hit. For this to happen though, Montreal would likely need to ditch Desharnais and Emelin (yes, both). There might be suitors around the league, but it may not be realistic to think that Bergevin could pull it off. Unless the NYR take on one of them in the Nash deal, which could make sense. So yes in instance this deal is a pretty long shot, but I still wanna put it out there.

My offer:

Comments?

Terrible deal for the habs man i'm i glad you have nothing to do with decision making for my habs.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
This proposal was from a Habs fan, BTW. Rangers fans know Nash has his all Canadian team no trade clause.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The heck is this offer?

Nash's is an albatross contract and he's on the decline. Canadiens need a top 6 LW but they aren't so desperate as to overpay massively for an albatross like Nash when Lehkonen has a real chance of being a better player in a year or two.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Are people intentionally ignoring the fact that Nash has no Canadian teams on his list of acceptable teams?

Enough with the Nash to (insert Canadian team here) threads.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

My offer:

Comments?

That's not a "fairly high price"
That's a dented, scuffed, scratched bargin-basement price for Nash. :laugh:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

My offer:

Comments?

nope, not giving up carr, lehkonen, a 1st and emelin for nash

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Didn't Nash already provide a list that included NO (zero!, 0) Canadian teams on it?

people creating these threads, and mods allowing it is exactly why this site is a train wreck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad