Montreal now has the 4th best odds for Bedard...

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
... after they lose to Dallas and Florida's loss to the Islanders.

Now it seems that Ekblad injured his shoulder again and he did not come back in yesterday's game after heading to the bench in the 1st. That defense is thin and will sorely miss him.

Florida's goaltending has been poor since the beginning of the year and Allen/Montembault start to show signs of regression after a good start.

Could they pull a Edmonton and draft #1 OA in consecutive years?

Can you imagine these boards if Chiarot somehow becomes Bedard+? Could Bill Zito survive such an outcome?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Screenshot_2022-12-24-09-52-23-987.jpg

Last edited:

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Hopefully both Florida and Montréal can keep on losing. Yesterday was a nice day for the tank. Was worried about Habs getting that useless point yesterday.
Imagine we drafted 1st pick and another top 5 from Florida. One can dream...

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I'd feel really bad for Bedard if he ended up a Hab.
His father would thrilled, though!

His grandfather was a Bédard from Quebec City that moved west.

"Montreal, it would incredible! I know it is a place where the pressure is big, but I grew up watching the Canadiens of the 70s and it would fantastic to see Connor land with the Habs!"
----
«Montréal, ce serait incroyable! Je sais que c’est un endroit où la pression est grande, mais j’ai grandi en regardant les Canadiens des années 70 et ce serait fantastique de voir Connor atterrir avec le CH.»

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I'd feel really bad for Bedard if he ended up a Hab.
cool, thanks for sharing. :thumbd:

I will add that as of today The Habs have the 2nd hardest schedule left and The Panthers have the 5th hardest.

NHL Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon

Even if it's not Bedard, it is possible that The Habs end up with 2 top 10 picks in a really really good draft. Amazing!!!

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
Teams should not be allowed to win 2 years in a row.

The NHL keeps monkeying with the lottery rules and never get it right.
If they win with Florida's pick it has nothing to do with the lottery but everything with the Panthers being dumb.

Otherwise I don't really disagree but not all draft are created equal and I doubt Slafkovsky would be top 5 this year.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If they win with Florida's pick it has nothing to do with the lottery but everything with the Panthers being dumb.

Otherwise I don't really disagree but not all draft are created equal and I doubt Slafkovsky would be top 5 this year.
That I agree with. So dumb of Florida.

And Slavkosky might go 6th if he was drafted this year?

Reactions: David Suzuki

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
And this is why you lottery protect every first you trade, even if at the time your team is great because you never know what could happen in the future.

After what Burke did I can't believe there's still GMs out there that are cool with not lottery protecting a first.
The Panthers had the best record last year I don't blame them for thinking it would be a late round pick.

But they still should have insisted it be protected just incase

yea the site would crash for sure....

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
That I agree with. So dumb of Florida.

And Slavkosky might go 6th if he was drafted this year?
I think anywhere from 5 to 10 for Slaf, probably closer to 5. I think there's no way he'd crack the top 4 this year.

Reactions: Fenris

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If that happened:
1 - the NHL should just abandon the draft and
2 - I probably just become a fan of the Habs again (I was a fan in the 70's before Jets 1.0)

Imagine the offense!

Slavkovsky - Bedard - Dach
Dubois - Fantilli - Anderson
Dvorak - Suzuki - Caulfield

3 year window until entry level deals for Bedard and Fantilli forces trades.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
The idea that first place team would be dump to not manage has if it was likely to be a lottery team the next season seem an extreme case of not taking opportunity cost into account

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad