Montreal Impact Thread LIII - Shipp'ing up to Montreal! - 6/03|530PM: @VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Oof, Brett going out on a limb here...

6a22ec1372350bb64757502d070d8492.jpg

(Since most of my replies with only a picture get deleted/disappear, here's some text)

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Oof, Brett going out on a limb here...

Oyongo and Camara on that right :laugh:

If one had number 6 and the other number 5, 8 or 9, I would always mix those two guys up. That said, I can't remember if IMFC ever played Oyongo as a RM/LM. Anyways, I'd rather see Ontivero or Venegas first on that spot. To me, it's still:

Bush
Oyongo - Cabrera - Ciman - Toia
Donadel
Alexander - Shipp
Ontivero - Piatti
Drogba

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I remember Oyongo playing a game at left mid vs Chicago I think. This confirms it

Oyongo a débuté ses trois premiers matchs chez #IMFC à 3 positions différentes. Latéral gauche, milieu gauche et latéral droit. Polyvalent.

Also this tweet by Brett from last October

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
So, just for fun. Who are the good and bad soccer journalists/analysts in Montreal?

Here are my nominees (I left some out because I am lazyiness).

Good: Brett, Lord, Destouches, Leduc, Marcuzzi, Barker, Milano.

Bad: Filosa, Douville, Gounelle, Martineau.

What are yours?

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
So, just for fun. Who are the good and bad soccer journalists/analysts in Montreal?

Here are my nominees (I left some out because I am lazyiness).

Good: Brett, Lord, Destouches, Leduc, Marcuzzi, Barker, Milano.

Bad: Filosa, Douville, Gounelle, Martineau.

What are yours?
I'd add Dave Levesque to the good ones. His coverage is pretty good usually. Martineau is so-so for me. He's a terrible interviewer, can be a bit of a ****** at times but he's pretty good for stories like the Oyongo one I posted yesterday. Il me tombe quand meme sur les nerfs des fois par exemple.
I would throw in Joey Alfieri as a good reporter
I like his IMFC/Habs/Als coverage.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey guys.... so is it confirmed that Drogba won't play in your home opener when the Red Bulls go up there? I'll be at the game supporting NYRB obviously but I wanted to see Drogba.

Sorry he's being such a headcase for you guys. We dealt with the same thing with Henry. He and Jamison Olave wouldn't play on turf two years ago..... so we didn't have Henry and our best CB at the time for some big games. At least they played in Foxboro in the conference finals but still...

Also I wanted to ask.... how reliable is Uber in Montreal? I plan on using that to get around the city for the three days that I'm there. I love Uber and use it all the time in NJ/NYC... but I just want to make sure it's good in MTL too.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Hey guys.... so is it confirmed that Drogba won't play in your home opener when the Red Bulls go up there? I'll be at the game supporting NYRB obviously but I wanted to see Drogba.

Sorry he's being such a headcase for you guys. We dealt with the same thing with Henry. He and Jamison Olave wouldn't play on turf two years ago..... so we didn't have Henry and our best CB at the time for some big games. At least they played in Foxboro in the conference finals but still...

Also I wanted to ask.... how reliable is Uber in Montreal? I plan on using that to get around the city for the three days that I'm there. I love Uber and use it all the time in NJ/NYC... but I just want to make sure it's good in MTL too.
He's definitely not playing vs NYRB in our home opener.

And I personally don't use Uber (don't use taxis either), but some of my buddies do and they love Uber. So I assume they're pretty reliable!

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

yeah Uber works just fine! Don't worry about it. Or you could just take the metro, Metro Viau is where it's at!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Thanks guys. Sucks about Drogba. I'm staying at the SpringHill Marriott in Old City so I'll have to figure out the Metro. Does it go right to the stadium?

Edit: I just checked the map and the green line goes right from the hotel to the stadium. That's awesome haha.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Thanks guys. Sucks about Drogba. I'm staying at the SpringHill Marriott in Old City so I'll have to figure out the Metro. Does it go right to the stadium?

Edit: I just checked the map and the green line goes right from the hotel to the stadium. That's awesome haha.

Yes, you wont even step outside.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal

If you get off at Pie-IX, you don't even have to step outside. It brings you straight into the stadium.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Wow that's great. RBNY fans are pre-gaming at a bar..... I'm not sure I should say which one haha.... and it's right on the green line. So from bar to subway will be ridiculously easy. Thanks for the help.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
oh right we're talking about the Stade Olympique, my bad about Viau... I mean you'd still be right by it, but Pie-IX is where you want to go

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Wow that's great. RBNY fans are pre-gaming at a bar..... I'm not sure I should say which one haha.... and it's right on the green line. So from bar to subway will be ridiculously easy. Thanks for the help.
The way you're talking it doesn't sound like it, but just make sure you don't go to bar 99 because that's where our Ultras go pre-game

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006

Oh dont worry we know which it is
Jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad