Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Ben Chiarot
Jake Allen

:edmonton

Mikko Koskinen
Dylan Holloway
1st round pick

Allen has been good this year just the team has been a tire fire in front of him. He's often bombarded with shots. I believe Koskinen would help the tank more than Allen. Allen tends to keep the team afloat and hanging around games which the Habs don't need at this point. Allen would help shore up that crease. Give the Oilers some reliable and consistent goaltending.

Chiarot well he would bring what the Oilers want. A physical dman who can skate and get chippy. The guy is great in the playoffs and can play top minutes if in a bind.

Montreal just needs a goalie between the pipes right now who won't steal games for them or keep them in it like Allen. Also needing more skill up front which Holloway could add to that part of the future. Plus familiar with Caufield. The first well it's a first and will be nice to have multiple with the draft being in Montreal this year. Gorton is likely looking to make a homerun to start of his tenure with the team and start the rebuild day 1 from the draft.

Last edited:

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
:habs

Ben Chiarot
Jake Allen

:edmonton

Mikko Koskinen
Dylan Holloway
1st round pick

Allen has been good this year just the team has been a tire fire in front of him. He's often bombarded with shots. I believe Koskinen would help the tank more than Allen. Allen tends to keep the team afloat and hanging around games which the Habs don't need at this point. Allen would help shore up that crease. Give the Oilers some reliable and consistent goaltending.

Chiarot well he would bring what the Oilers want. A physical dman who can skate and get chippy. The guy is great in the playoffs and can play top minutes if in a bind.

Montreal just needs a goalie between the pipes right now who won't steal games for them or keep them in it like Allen. Also needing more skill up front which Holloway could add to that part of the future. Plus familiar with Caufield. The first well it's a first and will be nice to have multiple with the draft being in Montreal this year. Gorton is likely looking to make a homerun to start of his tenure with the team and start the rebuild day 1 from the draft.
Take out Holloway.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
As a Habs fan, you won’t get a prospect the quality of Holloway or Bromberg in a deal for players like Allen and Chiarot.

2 things you need to change:
-Retain 50% on Chiarot to make the cap work
-Change Holloway for a guy like Bourgault or other equivalent prospect.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Adorable, you think you can get a Holloway AND a 1st for two rentals. With Edmonton’s depth issues and cap concern, Holloway is going to play a big role with this team. Going to take a lot more than a couple of meh rentals to move him.
Allen is not a rental

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
As a Habs fan, you won’t get a prospect the quality of Holloway or Bromberg in a deal for players like Allen and Chiarot.

Sorry I wouldn't trade Bourgault alone for that package, definitely not adding a 1st on top of that.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Bourgault may end up better hen Holloway ,Time will tell but even if he doesn't Yamamoto should be on the 3rd line and if Bourgault has improved on his training camp showing , he will replace Yamamoto sooner rather then later on the second line . The problem with Edmonton is we needs our prospects as we still aren't deep enough at the NHL level and have no cap to work with . If our prospect work out the team will be much better going forward

Hyman McD Puljujarvi
RNH Draisaitl Bourgault
Foegele Holloway Yamamoto 3rd line has all players that give 100% every shift
Archibald McLeod Kassian Yes I hope Arch comes back

Nurse Bouchard Bouchard still needs a year or 2 to be on the top pairing
Broberg Ceci
Samorukov Barrie altho I would like to trade him of a better defender

XXX
Skinner 20 to 30 games a year

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Chiarot is not worth a 1st, but knowing GM's, he might very well get that or something like 2 2nds. I doubt GMs are dumb enough to give up more. Allen however is definitely not worth a 1st in the eyes of any GM, especially when he's more suited as a backup. Maybe a 2nd round pick from a desperate team, but I feel a 3rd is more realistic.

Holloway and Bourgeault (since they were mentionned) are two recent 1st round picks who haven't done anything to see their value tank already. Habs are not getting a 1st and one of those two for Chiarot and Allen. I doubt the Oilers even entertain the idea of dealing either of them (even straight up, with no accompanying picks) considering their forward depth issues.

From the Oilers, I feel like a 1st and a guy like Benson (good AHL numbers but not performing at the NHL level as a 23 years old), Lavoie (dunno if he's been has bad as his stats line imply in the AHL), or McLeod (though I've heard he has improved from last season and his advanced stats seem to show he's been great defensively, so maybe the Oilers want to keep him) would make more sense.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Chiarot is not worth a 1st, but knowing GM's, he might very well get that or something like 2 2nds. I doubt GMs are dumb enough to give up more. Allen however is definitely not worth a 1st in the eyes of any GM, especially when he's more suited as a backup. Maybe a 2nd round pick from a desperate team, but I feel a 3rd is more realistic.

Holloway and Bourgeault (since they were mentionned) are two recent 1st round picks who haven't done anything to see their value tank already. Habs are not getting a 1st and one of those two for Chiarot and Allen. I doubt the Oilers even entertain the idea of dealing either of them (even straight up, with no accompanying picks) considering their forward depth issues.

From the Oilers, I feel like a 1st and a guy like Benson (good AHL numbers but not performing at the NHL level as a 23 years old), Lavoie (dunno if he's been has bad as his stats line imply in the AHL), or McLeod (though I've heard he has improved from last season and his advanced stats seem to show he's been great defensively, so maybe the Oilers want to keep him) would make more sense.
Would you give the Habs a 2nd and one of your goalies for Allen?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Would you give the Habs a 2nd and one of your goalies for Allen?
I'm a Habs fan, but no. Because I've said a 3rd is more realistic.

There's obviously a big difference between what I value these players at and what GMs value them at. This is especially true for Chiarot. The guy is absolute dogshit and I wouldn't even want to give up anything for him if he were not on my team. But GMs see a big physical d-man who just went to the stanley cup finals (experience! leadership!) and who they think is great defensively (even though he's not - he and Weber were just getting their asses saved by Jesus Price in last year's playoffs), and who can contribute a little on the offense... And yeah, they might be willing to part with a 1st.

If Holland is desperate to find a goalie, and Allen is the only interesting one on the market, I could definitely see him give up a 2nd. But despair doesn't always translate in actions.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Inflation be hiiiigh in Montreal.
I think the 1st for Chiarot is workable but EDM likely want some term on the player if a 1st is moved.

Someone like Graves or Gavrikov if they were available, who both have an additional year of term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad