GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Columbus Blue Jackets- 1/25/16 7:00pm EST SNE, RDS, TSN 69

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
these people have hated every habs regime tho, at some point it's just them being haters

That's a huge generalization. There are plenty supporters of the previous regime who are currently unhappy with the MB's. Also, there are a whole slew of posters who used to be supporters of MB and who have now had their mind changed.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
When healthy, the Canadiens have been among the best in the NHL under Bergevin.

That's a little skewed though. Record-wise, yes, they've been one of the best teams, but Price has masked a ton of issues. For the better part of two years (2013-2014 and 2014-2015) the Habs didn't play like a top team. This year is a mixed bag and 2012-2013 was excellent for the most part.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
You're proving that there are several shades of tanking as well as booster-type fans:

You have:

Tank for Auston at all costs fan.
Tank for Auston and don't fire the coaching Foxholer in order to help tank.
Tank for Auston but fire the coaching Foxholer, can't take him anymore.
Tank for Auston but fire both Foxholers.
The rabid positivist, cheer for the Habs or you're not a real fan, approach.
The realist -- cheer for the team but don't get your hopes too high.
Make the playoffs fan but make sure you don't miss them by so little that you end up with too low a pick, fan.
Make the playoffs but fire the coaching Foxholer.
The fire everyone fan, cause he can't stand waiting any longer for a Cup run and no longer trusts current regime.
The fan who issues medical prognosis, without having access to medical records. :sarcasm:

Probably lots more variations.

Add the select group of posters who rarely ever talk about hockey but come here saying how unbearable and embarrassing the board.

The poster who reappears as soon as galchenyuk or Price has a bad performance. Player fan/hater but not a true hab fan

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
And, for the record. No I'm not a hater. Yes, I hate tanking and wouldn't want my team to tank. Some haters around here are just happy because all they care about is the draft, which is so misguided I won't even bother arguing about.

So no, I'm not a hater and won't promote losing. I was even somewhat of a Therrien fan after the first 20-25 games. I really thought, wow, the guy sure changed his approach to systems and coaching. We were playing a real possession game, with our defensemen carrying the puck and our centers gaining the zone with possession. You can go and read my post history. I was always one of the first to praise Therrien for that.

But then, some challenges came up and he just went to his old antics of shuffling the lines and asking his players to dump the puck, take perimeter shots, do the safe play all the time and such. This is where I draw the line. I was willing to give the coach a chance, but now it's over.

So my conclusion is pretty simple. The first 20-25 games was probably Ramsay's influence and it faded quickly. And now the players are just fed up with that coach. If he's there for the rest of the season, there's nothing to be done, really. The guys don't want to play for this moron. I can see it from my couch and yet, it seems Bergevin can't.

We're not winning the Cup this year, guys. But I still believe that we're in business next year with a new coach and a fully healed Price. Any additional asset we can get this year would be a plus.

So now, I'm on the fence regarding Bergevin. This is the first time he faces adversity and so far, he's not doing that good. Worse 25 games stretch in history, and he doesn't come close to firing someone. In my mind, the timeframe has changed. I was rooting for the team to lose so we'd get a new coach and come back stronger this year. But this ship has sailed. Now I'm thinking about next year. And yes, Bergevin still has time to do the right things for that. But again, the clock is ticking.

I just don't want a half-ass solution with Price coming back, re-injuring himself and us finishing 9th, or 8th with a quick exit in first round. That would be a nightmare. We'd be back next year with the same old stuff, but with Price missing or diminished. If you're OK with that, you're a pretty shortsighted fan.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I figured we could sweep the Jackets, but with Subban out I have my doubts now. Only good thing is they're playing an ECHL golaie, so who knows maybe we score some goals tonight.

Of course, we might be playing Scrivens, so...

4-3 Habs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I figured we could sweep the Jackets, but with Subban out I have my doubts now. Only good thing is they're playing an ECHL golaie, so who knows maybe we score some goals tonight.

Of course, we might be playing Scrivens, so...

4-3 Habs.

Subban is questionable for tonight, not officially out.

Have they announced the starting goalie?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Has any of you ever taken the time to read some of the comments on Habs related stuff on RDS?

It's almost unreal.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Has any of you ever taken the time to read some of the comments on Habs related stuff on RDS?

It's almost unreal.

Non, merci.

3VBjL59.jpg

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
That's a little skewed though. Record-wise, yes, they've been one of the best teams, but Price has masked a ton of issues. For the better part of two years (2013-2014 and 2014-2015) the Habs didn't play like a top team. This year is a mixed bag and 2012-2013 was excellent for the most part.

What scares me, is we've proven our utterly dependency on Price isn't enough to win a cup. Each year, Price starts to look a little sluggish in the playoffs. So at the moment, we're stuck in this perpetual cycle of not doing anything because "we're too good," but going nowhere. It's the San Jose effect.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
I wonder if we could have a 2nd line of Fleischmann-Galchenyuk-Carr at least all 3 players can get points. Let DD feast with Weise and Eller against the other 3rd line

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
So now, I'm on the fence regarding Bergevin. This is the first time he faces adversity and so far, he's not doing that good. Worse 25 games stretch in history, and he doesn't come close to firing someone. In my mind, the timeframe has changed. I was rooting for the team to lose so we'd get a new coach and come back stronger this year. But this ship has sailed. Now I'm thinking about next year. And yes, Bergevin still has time to do the right things for that. But again, the clock is ticking.

I just don't want a half-ass solution with Price coming back, re-injuring himself and us finishing 9th, or 8th with a quick exit in first round. That would be a nightmare. We'd be back next year with the same old stuff, but with Price missing or diminished. If you're OK with that, you're a pretty shortsighted fan.

And this is why I support a tank. I hate cheering for losses, but my concern is they attempt a half-assed solution and ride the coattails of Price when any good team worthy of the name shouldn't be as utterly dependent on any one players, let alone the goalie. Like I said in the Therrien thread, I suspect part of why Bergevin is waiting out the season is to see if AV or Julien become available. Either is worth the gamble, frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad