Proposal: Montreal and Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
If you’re banking on Ellis. I think you’re going to be disappointed. I think he’s cooked.

I also have a feeling that G resigns in Philly in the off-season.
His wife (and her followers) wants to be in Florida? Ellis seems to have a « normal » season-ending not career-ending injury. Cant have that many career-ending injuries on same franchise…

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You do realize the speculation by all the major rumour guys was the asking price for petry was a second round pick, you aswell as me & every other person on this site overprice their players, petry last season was amazing this season is surely lacklustre to say the least, but according to everyone who spoke on this topic that has a blue check the asking price was a second for petry

He's MTL number 1 defenceman and he's sign for another 3 years at 6,25M. He's not getting trade for a 2nd round pick unless Kris Letang already told his friend Kent Hughes that he's coming to play in MTL.

Petry have been putrid this season like 90% of the roster but he's not going anywhere unless the deal is really good for our GM. His linemate from last season is set to come back and play his first game of the season soon and this will help his game tremendously.

Petry just said today that he hope to play for a long time for MSL so he might not want to leave anymore.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Jesus this would be terrible. Petry is making 6.25 for the next 3 seasons. I wouldn't take him along with Montreal's 1st for Risto alone.

LOL Montreal's first is a top 3 pick :facepalm:

Well aware. I'm just showing how badly Petry's value has diminished. Plus he's signed for 3 more seasons after this.

Sorry. Petry isn't worth 6.25 million at this point in his career. Plus the Habs have to pay him for the next 3 seasons as he continues his downward spiral.

Funny though...Provorov, Sanheim, and Ellis (when healthy) are all better options than Petry currently.

Put. Down. The. Shovel.

Jeeeeeezus...

Reactions: Curufinwe

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Yup because I don't want a 34 year old defensemen, who is on a decline, who is signed for 3 more seasons, who has a cap hit of 6.25
Petty is on a decline, based on what? Playing on the worst team in the league or HFBoards stat-watching logic?

Petry has been dealing with lingering injuries, family issues and has been playing on the worst team in the league. If you bothered to watch, his play has been much improved of late since the coaching change. Also, I guess you forgot he received Norris consideration and was one of the best D on his team during the playoffs.

If you forget his last three seasons and base your opinion on how he played at the start of the season, his age and contract maybe I can see your point of view, but IMO that would be a fairly ignorant view.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
If you’re banking on Ellis. I think you’re going to be disappointed. I think he’s cooked.

I also have a feeling that G resigns in Philly in the off-season.

Well then Ellis will be off our books cap wise....and I don't have a problem with G resigning after we trade him .....that is fine as long as it is reasonable.....I have a strong feeling we are going to be making a splash in this off season free agent wise......

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well then Ellis will be off our books cap wise....and I don't have a problem with G resigning after we trade him .....that is fine as long as it is reasonable.....I have a strong feeling we are going to be making a splash in this off season free agent wise......
Yeah....re-signing a shit Dman in Risto and giving him 6+ million.

Fletch is a cuck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad