Proposal: Montreal and Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Haha sure Sanheim..... That's pretty funny!!!

Downward spiral? You clearly didn't look MTL games since MSL took over this team. Petry is back to be dominant last the last 3 years.

Sanheim? My god that's
Sanheim and G are the only Flyers playing well and up to their abilities.

Its only takes one team to like Petry and take his 35+ years. I sure hope it isn't the flyers.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
There have been multiple reports that the Flyers are trying to trade for Petry.

But Philly is on his 15 team no trade list. Philly still trying though.

And Habs fans should love this news as Fletch overpays
I thought there was talk that Fletcher wants to resign Rasmus Ristolainen, That would make the Petry trade rather redundant.

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
They want to transform the team by trading away bad players on bad contracts. Poster claims Petry back to top play.
Not a bad player, not a bad contract, sorry. He doesn't have health issues and he still skates very well. Maybe Philly is not the right team for him though.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Not a bad player, not a bad contract, sorry. He doesn't have health issues and he still skates very well. Maybe Philly is not the right team for him though.
No need to be sorry. Not disputing any of these claims. Maybe Mtl is the right team.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Haha sure Sanheim..... That's pretty funny!!!

Downward spiral? You clearly didn't look MTL games since MSL took over this team. Petry is back to be dominant last the last 3 years.

Sanheim? My god that's
Sanheim is our best D-man this season and probably last too.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I thought there was talk that Fletcher wants to resign Rasmus Ristolainen, That would make the Petry trade rather redundant.
Flyers offered Risto 6x6.5 and he rejected. Wants to be traded to a playoff team and blowup his offseason stock that way since he’s suited for physical playoff hockey.

Yea, I know, Fletcher needs to be fired yesterday. Brain trust still thinks this team is in a compete window. They all need to be fired and a major rebuild is needed. Don’t need an aging Petry unless it’s to help us reach the salary floor, which we don’t need.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Rumours is his wife wants to return to USA according to her online post... Don't know if it's true but I like Jeff and hope we keep him.
His wife and kids have already returned to their Farmington Hills home, And plan on staying there for the current duration. All the more reason why i can't see Petry waiving for Philly to be 600 miles from his family.

Reactions: EveryDay

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Sanheim is our best D-man this season and probably last too.
Loss of Ellis was a blow to Provorov who plays too many minutes with old reliable Braun. Sanheim-Ristolainen pairing took long time to click and this is mostly on Ristolainen.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Rumor mill
Flyers made large offer to Risto.
Risto wants to be traded to make a playoff run and try to increase his value.

Decide which one is dumb and which one is dumber.
Okay this makes sense, I just know i saw somewhere that Fletcher wanted to resign Ristolainen. but obviously he didn't offer enough and Risto wants to go where he can win. Which makes tons of sense.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Not a fan of Ristolainen or Frost...so no from me. I'd rather take the chance that Petry continues showing the level of play he has since Marty St Louis has taken over.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
His wife and kids have already returned to their Farmington Hills home, And plan on staying there for the current duration. All the more reason why i can't see Petry waiving for Philly to be 600 miles from his family.
Just looked at a map. PA is one of closest states no?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Philly and Detroit is nearly 600 miles apart. Montreal much closer. I could see Pittsburgh, Columbus perhaps Chicago as they're much closer to Detroit then others that have been listed. Unless he just wants to play in the States and doesn't care where he goes.
Montreal « much » closer than Philly from Farmington Hills by 15 miles according to Google maps. Lets agree this is not an issue like at all.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You got to be kidding me?! Every games I've seen the Flyers play this year he was the best player on the team. I would love Provorov MTL! Would a top 5 pick this year be enough to get him in MTL?
Top 5 pick for Provy? You can have him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He does, because he is an idiot. Risto has been awful.

Apparently Risto turned down 6 years x 6.5 and now it seems Fletch it trying for Petry instead.

He is such a bad GM.....though I expect Petry to bounce back. I just know he will overpay for Petry.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He does, because he is an idiot. Risto has been awful.

Apparently Risto turned down 6 years x 6.5 and now it seems Fletch it trying for Petry instead.

He is such a bad GM.....though I expect Petry to bounce back. I just know he will overpay for Petry.
Well we can all agree that he vastly overpaid for Ristolainen, So yeah he'll overpay for Petry as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad