Proposal: Montreal and Philly

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Yup and supposedly Ristolainen turned down 6 x $6,500,000 from Philly. If he thinks he's getting more on the open market he's only kidding himself.

Yea that's not gonna work. I won't get into the value debate but The Habs will need actual assets that will be around for a while in any deal for Petry or any of their vets for that matter.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yea that's not gonna work. I won't get into the value debate but The Habs will need actual assets that will be around for a while in any deal for Petry or any of their vets for that matter.
Good I don’t want to give you frost for Petry anyways

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Habs have no interest in here.

Petry is a valuable piece that'd bring a 1st+ on his own. Frost value has been going down drastically, and Risto is jist terrible.

Between Risto @ 6.5 for 6 years and Petry @ 6.25, the choice is EASY AINEC

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Petry is a valuable piece that'd bring a 1st+ on his own. Frost value has been going down drastically, and Risto is jist terrible.

He doesn't anymore. Age and the fact that he's making 6.25 for 3 more seasons make him less valuable, not more.

Reactions: Devonator

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Hab fans, we Flyers are just like you....terrible...and we are heading into a full rebuild....we are on the verge of even trading Giroux.......we want to shed old players contracts...not add......

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
There have been multiple reports that the Flyers are trying to trade for Petry.

But Philly is on his 15 team no trade list. Philly still trying though.

And Habs fans should love this news as Fletch overpays
gotta love an honest fan . petry's still got some good game in him but can't see a place in philly for him .

Reactions: Tripod

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Flyers don’t rebuild. We’re going to retool. Chuck thinks we’re close.
Well I know my fellow Flyer fans are a cynical lot but if we land a top 3 draft this year and make some good change on Giroux and with our other youngsters coming up, I think we can turn this around fairly quick....not to mention to have Ellis back next year and not get hit so hard with injuries to so many of our prospects....that has been an appalling year for injuries....and with any luck, we will sign one of the big free agents this off season....so I remain cautiously optimistic in a league that has such close parity.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hab fans, we Flyers are just like you....terrible...and we are heading into a full rebuild....we are on the verge of even trading Giroux.......we want to shed old players contracts...not add......

I thought this very same thing but that rumor was once again brought forward by the media (not Habs fans).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not even sure if Provorov has been our third best defensemen this year. He hasn't been the Flyers best defensemen in like 4 years, either.

Stereotypes really do die hard.

His best season by far was the 19/20 season.
* 36 pts with 13 goals in 69 games.
* 53% corsi for with 52% of D zone starts (very solid)
* Age 25 and I would consider him a solid top 4D even with his rollercoaster ride of production.
* 25 min a game over the last few seasons. Usage is high where others are played less.

If I was the Flyers, I'd be careful with moving Provorov. Signed from age 25-28 and another guy that will try to cash in when the cap rises significantly once the NHLPA pays of their outstanding balance.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
* Age 25 and I would consider him a solid top 4D even with his rollercoaster ride of production.
* 25 min a game over the last few seasons. Usage is high where others are played less.

If I was the Flyers, I'd be careful with moving Provorov. Signed from age 25-28 and another guy that will try to cash in when the cap rises significantly once the NHLPA pays of their outstanding balance.

I never said he wasn't good. I just said he hasn't been our best. Look at his splits with /away from Niskanen that year. A generally small sample size, but...

It's no different than his fantastic year when he played with Ghost - but again, look at his with/away splits.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He doesn't anymore. Age and the fact that he's making 6.25 for 3 more seasons make him less valuable, not more.

Age? Buddy, He's 34, signed signed until he's 37. Pretty sure Mark Giordano was still a VERY good dman (Norris candidate) between ages of 34 and now. They aren't the type to go down that fast as they use their hockey IQ in order to be effective.

@ 6.25, for a #2 Dman, it's still a very good deal no matter how you put it. Fact that Philly fans dont want him is not a problem, but saying Petry wouldn't fetch a 1st + good prospect + some cap is totally stupid, he'd easilly fetch that

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Age? Buddy, He's 34, signed signed until he's 37. Pretty sure Mark Giordano was still a VERY good dman (Norris candidate) between ages of 34 and now. They aren't the type to go down that fast as they use their hockey IQ in order to be effective.

@ 6.25, for a #2 Dman, it's still a very good deal no matter how you put it. Fact that Philly fans dont want him is not a problem, but saying Petry wouldn't fetch a 1st + good prospect + some cap is totally stupid, he'd easilly fetch that

Agreed. The age is a little concern but it's not a huge concern. Petry's lean for his body size and his skating is showing no signs of decline. I think he will age well and he's going to be a good 2nd pairing guy for the duration of that contract.

Lets face it. RD's are not readily available.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

You do realize the speculation by all the major rumour guys was the asking price for petry was a second round pick, you aswell as me & every other person on this site overprice their players, petry last season was amazing this season is surely lacklustre to say the least, but according to everyone who spoke on this topic that has a blue check the asking price was a second for petry

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs

Me too. But if a top 5 pick was on the table, a good GM would pull the trigger 10 out of 10 times, especially in the position Flyers are now.

Unfortunately I can see Fletcher trading picks out for Petry instead.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Well I know my fellow Flyer fans are a cynical lot but if we land a top 3 draft this year and make some good change on Giroux and with our other youngsters coming up, I think we can turn this around fairly quick....not to mention to have Ellis back next year and not get hit so hard with injuries to so many of our prospects....that has been an appalling year for injuries....and with any luck, we will sign one of the big free agents this off season....so I remain cautiously optimistic in a league that has such close parity.

If you’re banking on Ellis. I think you’re going to be disappointed. I think he’s cooked.

I also have a feeling that G resigns in Philly in the off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad