Proposal: Montreal and Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Before you pull a muscle laughing too hard, remember that Chariot is only a rental for a few months, especially for the Oilers who aren't exactly a hotbed for top UFA's to sign! (although yes they did get Hyman!! )

Oh, Im not laughing at the Oilers not willing to throw a 1st for Chairot, if they want another early exit, thats they choice. Im laughing at the guy saying Chairot will barely return a 2nd lol. Thats minimum 2x2 but Im totally expecting a 1st + personally. This thread will be fun to read back in a few months.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Before you pull a muscle laughing too hard, remember that Chariot is only a rental for a few months, especially for the Oilers who aren't exactly a hotbed for top UFA's to sign! (although yes they did get Hyman!! )

Chiarot isn't worth a first, but Lebrun did say he is likely to return one. It all depends on the market come trade deadline. So it's far from impossible that a team does pay a 1st to get him, but we shall see.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Oh, Im not laughing at the Oilers not willing to throw a 1st for Chairot, if they want another early exit, thats they choice. Im laughing at the guy saying Chairot will barely return a 2nd lol. Thats minimum 2x2 but Im totally expecting a 1st + personally. This thread will be fun to read back in a few months.
Ya we are all laughing about that.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Who said that? Link?

Get real man. The only way the Habs could trade Price without retention is if they take back a contract which is just as bad and long term to cover half of his contract. Which amounts to the same thing as retention

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Then Montreal is not trading Price...

Ok so what’s the matter then?

Get real man. The only way the Habs could trade Price without retention is if they take back a contract which is just as bad and long term to cover half of his contract. Which amounts to the same thing as retention

Montreal can and certainly will take on a few couples short term contract to make it work just like Arizona did with Vancouver. However, these contracts are going to be less than 3 years terms. For example, Montreal could take Kassian, Turris and Koskinen as well as a solid prospect and a first round pick. However, they won’t take a Skinner (for example) or a Vlasic back.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
That’s not going to get you CP31. At 50% retention Habs will get much more than that garbage + a late first
I am pretty sure he is fine with that. This was his ceiling for CP31. I think the oilers need to be including a player with Term like Barrie or Kassian to make this work even with 50% retention. Next years cap disappears with 14 player signed without moving out cash.

To MTL-Koskinen, Turris, Barrie, 1st 2022, Benson

To Edm: Chariat and Price at 50%.

MTL flips Barrie to for a 2nd and a prospect.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That’s not going to get you CP31. At 50% retention Habs will get much more than that garbage + a late first
I don't know if they would. Remember, this is a guy that has negative value right now. We don't know how much the Habs would have to retain to give him away for nothing.

It's basically Price for a 1st also, as the other two deals are expiring. I wouldn't blame the Habs for not doing that trade either for the record. I don't think it makes much sense for them to trade him at all given the fact that they will have to either take back another awful contract or retain so much that they will basically be paying whoever they replace Price with the same amount. Price at 50% is 5.25M. The average NHL starting goalie cap hit is 5.2M (using the top 30 goalie salaries). So even if Montreal retains 50%, to get an average NHL goalie, they are looking at paying basically the same total cap hit for their starting goalie. They might as well just keep him.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
montreal will in two years
If they are near the bottom of the standings, that would be a bad idea. Bouchard is a great young player, but a team mid-rebuild shouldn't be giving out an offer sheet that has multiple first round picks going out. They could be giving out offer sheets that include giving away two first round picks+.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I am pretty sure he is fine with that. This was his ceiling for CP31. I think the oilers need to be including a player with Term like Barrie or Kassian to make this work even with 50% retention. Next years cap disappears with 14 player signed without moving out cash.

To MTL-Koskinen, Turris, Barrie, 1st 2022, Benson

To Edm: Chariat and Price at 50%.

MTL flips Barrie to for a 2nd and a prospect.
Wow i guess we can finally say a terrible trade for the Habs involving Price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad