Proposal: Montreal and Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Since the standing is so tight in the a West and Edmonton is only 2 points to be out of the wild card and with a decimated defence.

Montreal offers, Ben Chariot at 1m retention and Cedric Paquette.

for

Edmonton 2022 1st and top ten protected, Kyle Turris and Tyler Benson.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I don’t see a goalie so no.

Defense is healthy again tonight. Played well. D prospects filled in adequately even with the losses but goaltending is a major concern.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Nobody is coughing up a first rounder for Ben Chariot. The only reason 1st rounder is linked to Ben Chariot is because it's Montreal's initial asking price. Montreal will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him.

This is what I was thinking too up until Lebrun said he would likely rerurn a 1st. I thought a bidding war could lead to a 2nd and a small + at best, but we shall see.

It all depends on the D market come trade deadline, if he's the best D made available, he could very well fetch a late 1st. That'd be great for us.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
In in Edmonton I don't do OP. Defense, surprisingly, isn't their biggest weakness this year when healthy. What they need to compete is a true #1 goalie.

Also, not a MTL fan but anyone who says it's impossible for Chiarot to return a 1st doesn't know hockey. All it takes is for him to get a little bit before the deadline and teams will gladly pay that for him.

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Edmonton needs a goalie.... Are they willing to risk it????

Mtl: Price (2M retain)
Kulak (900K Retain)
2nd 2022
Total CAP is 9.6 M or so

Edm : Koskinen (4.5M)
Turris (1.65 M)
Bouchard (850K)
Lavoie (Minor)
1st 2022 or 2023 (top 10 Protected)
+Cap space is 1.8M

Cap is not perfect but it's a starting point... Price still on the sideline for a month or so might get the numbers to be good.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009

Kulak (900K Retain)
2nd 2022
Total CAP is 9.6 M or so

Turris (1.65 M)
Bouchard (850K)
Lavoie (Minor)
+Cap space is 1.8M

Cap is not perfect but it's a starting point... Price still on the sideline for a month or so might get the numbers to be good.

That's god awful. Price at 8.5M doesn't have anywhere near the value of Bouchard, never mind adding in a 1st and a decent prospect.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Kulak (900K Retain)
2nd 2022
Total CAP is 9.6 M or so

Turris (1.65 M)
Bouchard (850K)
Lavoie (Minor)
+Cap space is 1.8M

Montreal is not retaining on Price.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nobody is coughing up a first rounder for Ben Chariot. The only reason 1st rounder is linked to Ben Chariot is because it's Montreal's initial asking price. Montreal will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him.

it may not make objective sense, BUT typically, those "1st's for Rentals" trades ONLY happen close to, or at TDL
Not mid-December
by February, teams' opportunities, and challenges, are clearer and more established
the SITUATION, entering the stretch run, influences priorities, and raises the prices some teams are willing to pay, the down-the-road risks teams are willing to assume

IF big Ben brings back a 1st before Feb 1, that would genuinely surprise me

Last edited by a moderator:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Guess we shall see. He most likely will get a 1st.

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
That's god awful. Price at 8.5M doesn't have anywhere near the value of Bouchard, never mind adding in a 1st and a decent prospect.
I wanted to see if someone would bite on the 1st.... The fact that a 2nd is coming back could be a drop od 5- 7 spots in the next draft if Edmonton keeps on going and finishes top 5 in the league.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Kulak (900K Retain)
2nd 2022
Total CAP is 9.6 M or so

Turris (1.65 M)
Bouchard (850K)
Lavoie (Minor)
+Cap space is 1.8M

F-off with this. What the hell man.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Kulak (900K Retain)
2nd 2022
Total CAP is 9.6 M or so

Turris (1.65 M)
Bouchard (850K)
Lavoie (Minor)
+Cap space is 1.8M

Hahahaha. That’s a good one.

Habs add Suzuki to this and Edmonton still says No way.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Montreal is not retaining on Price.
I think they would consider retaining 2 mil on Price with the right return.
Remember we won't be contending for at least till the end of Price's contract if we go full rebuild [ which i hope we do] so retaining doesn't hurt us.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ya i guess a legit shot at the cup isn't worth Bouchard and 1ST.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

There are atleast 10 teams in the playoff picture that would love to add a guy like Chiarot. Something about supply and demand etc etc. Teams looking to get over the hump include the avs, leafs and oilers. Minny and Washington being wild cards as well.

On the flip side, there appears to be a higher-than-average amount of veteran D on expiring contracts/bad teams this year - Giordano - Leddy - Oleksiak - Subban - Letang - Boychuk - Stralman - De Haan- Etc.

So where teams see Chariot on a very deep list could affect his price, as he may or may not be the big fish this year

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

In a sign/trade, I can see the 1st as a possibility. I think some teams will look at Chiarot very hard and see him as a fit for not just this season and that's how I can possibly see the Habs getting a 1st.

With no sign/trade? My price was set as two 2nd's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad