Value of: Monahan to BOS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The best thing the Flames did for their turnaround was getting Monahan out of their top six. He was an increasingly large drag on Gaudreau over the last couple years as injuries brought him down. The Flames would be lucky to unload his contract.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
What happened to Monahan, he seemed like a regular 30g scorer and all of a sudden he drags down Gaudreau, they seperate him and he's totally lost...?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It really isn't, je moght be 5th but I am personally taking Dube over him 9/10 times. Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, and Coleman are all obviously better.

Is Monahan having a slow start? Yes, does thst make him bad at center? No. Monahan is still recovering from his surgery, he wasn't even medically cleared to play in preseason games until the final 2. Often players get medically cleared long before they are at 100%. Look at Zibanejad last year. Monahan played quite well in his most recent game and will likely continue to take strides in tonights game vs Pittsburgh.
Dube with his career high 22pts? DeBrusk has had more goals than that…

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Dube with his career high 22pts? DeBrusk has had more goals than that…
Not in the last 2 yrs and Dube is 2 yrs younger

Dube’s elevator is going up, Debrusk is going down. I’d take Dube any day.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins have no interest in Dube for DeBrusk and Hall does not need Monahan or his contract.......move on people.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
What happened to Monahan, he seemed like a regular 30g scorer and all of a sudden he drags down Gaudreau, they seperate him and he's totally lost...?
He has always been overrated and carried by Gaudreau. He has now regressed from injuries. Should have traded him a few years back when people still thought he didn't suck.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Not in the last 2 yrs and Dube is 2 yrs younger

Dube’s elevator is going up, Debrusk is going down. I’d take Dube any day.
Ah yes DeBrusk is at the age of 24 when most players decline, forgot

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You may need to remind him also
Also not sure what “two years you’re talking about.

Two seasons ago he had 19G/35pts in only 65 games… once again way better than anything Dube has done

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Unless we are getting a top 6 RHS RW or a better center back, I don't see the logic of trading Monahan right now. He's not really worth anything based on his current level of play, so his acquisition would be based on a possible bounce back. Teams don't give up good roster players for that. The typical trade of this type is usually at most a 2nd round pick and a B level prospect. Based on Monahan's salary my guess is it would be less than that unless you're taking bad cap back.

We're better off holding on to him for now and revisiting in the offseason unless we have need for cap for another move.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

mony.png

Does this absolute manrocket look lost to you?

Boston would be a good spot for him. They don't need more veteran gritty types. They need a shooter. A goalscorer that can actually capitalize on a lot of offensive zone time. Bruins are 18th in GF/G. Sean "Money" Monahan happens to be 18th in goals since entering the league. Match made in heaven.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Montreal needs a centre. I'm not so sure Boston does, but Bergeron will be 37 and a UFA after this year. Acquiring a shooter that isn't as bad defensively as some people think might be a plan for Boston.

Doesn't look like Boston needs scoring right now though.

Unfortunately, the ask in return for Calgary would have to be a RW something that doesn't look like an organizational strength for them.

If Monahan is traded it will be to fill a need at RW.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
AHLrs is a bit strong, Coyle and Smith are 3rd liners.

I personally don’t love the player, but if it’s a JDB for Monahan swap I’d do it in a second.

Resigning Debrusk at his 4.85m QO makes no sense for the Bruins with Hall and Marchand ahead of him and being much weaker in other spots. Specifically center and LD.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Montreal needs a centre. I'm not so sure Boston does, but Bergeron will be 37 and a UFA after this year. Acquiring a shooter that isn't as bad defensively as some people think might be a plan for Boston.

Doesn't look like Boston needs scoring right now though.

Unfortunately, the ask in return for Calgary would have to be a RW something that doesn't look like an organizational strength for them.

If Monahan is traded it will be to fill a need at RW.

How about Karson Kuhlman? :naughty:

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
AHLrs is a bit strong, Coyle and Smith are 3rd liners.

I personally don’t love the player, but if it’s a JDB for Monahan swap I’d do it in a second.

Resigning Debrusk at his 4.85m QO makes no sense for the Bruins with Hall and Marchand ahead of him and being much weaker in other spots. Specifically center and LD.

his qualifying offer is $4.4. Not that that makes a huge difference.

Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad